MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

PrettyKitty

On paper it looks like one of the 2 shades in each colour is a bit more sparkly than the other.
Crap.
001_unsure.gif

nikki1387

Im interested in this collection but only until more info...mainly for msfs. But lately ive been reaching for my hourglass powders more...but hoping for lightscapade like texture and little to no glitter. Still interested in color combos though!!

duku

My list is short and sweet for now

Narcissus
– Mid-tone eggplant
Adored
– Coral with light beige
pearlized pigments

sherm

Okay...finally getting a chance to sit down and review this other than my initial instinct of ALL THE NARCISSUS!!!

Mah list:
Midnight Mambo MLS
Narcissus x2
Tropica l/p
Dare to Bare MES
Caribbean MES
Cha Cha Cha MES
Time to Tango MES

Okay, that's not too bad! Especially since I'm skipping everything except Lavender Whip from now until then.

rockin

I'm not a huge fan of mineralised products. The ones I do have hardly get touched. However, I like the sound of Simmer and Lust. They will likely be too glittery for me, though, which would save me money.

Serenityy

All of the colors sound beautiful!
eyelove.gif

My list for now:

Cremesheen Glass
Narcissus
Fever Isle

Lip Pencils
Heroine (never got to pick one up from Fashion Sets)
Hip 'n' Happy

Mineralize Blush
Sweet Samba
Simmer

Kohl Power Eyepencil
Orpheus

The skinfinishes sound pretty... but I am not familiar with how to use them since I'm sort of new to the makeup scene.
sweatdrop.gif

Sylvia60

that's still online now for sale :)
Wah! :(
I went around to the biggest MAC Store in town, and they hadn't heard of the Tropical Taboo collection.
It really made me wonder about the formation MAC gives the sales people here (Madrid).
How could they not know about up-coming collections?

erine1881

Wah! :( I went around to the biggest MAC Store in town, and they hadn't heard of the Tropical Taboo collection. It really made me wonder about the formation MAC gives the sales people here (Madrid). How could they not know about up-coming collections?
They wouldn't know if they haven't gone to update yet.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by jennifae
Are the Mineralize Lipsticks worth the $22? Are they that much better than the $15 ones?
th_confused_new.gif

I really like the Mineralize lipsticks.

First, I love how the formula feels, creamy and soothing.

The color i bought, Dreaminess, is not frosty, although there are some other frosty colors, finish varies. Dreaminess is light but opaque and gives excellent coverage. And the color lasts for hours, longer than some of the other regular colors, depending on finish.

Finally, there's more lipstick in the tube than a regular tube.

Better? I'd say it depends on the individual lipstick - the different finishes of the $15 lipsticks give different degrees of color payoff and last different lengths of time. And it depends on how you like the feel of the Mineralize lipsticks. I was one of the first people to test, so i got a brand new clean tester, and it was actually putting it on my lips that sold me on getting at least one.