MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

erine1881

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I'm hoping that Bite of an Apple doesn't look clownish on me, because I think it's wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
With a light hand and proper blending, it will look gorgeous. Neon looking blushes make me look the most "fresh". lol

its definately a "one tap with a 187" kinda blush!

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I saw my MAs update book today, and mentioned the purple shadows from the Evil Queen part of the collection, and the update book states that the following are substitute shades from the perament line:

Her Alter Image- Light violet (VP) = Crystal
Vainglorious- Bronze burgundy (Frost) = Star Violet
Vile Violet- Deep blue purple (Matte) = Fig 1

Not sure how accurate that is... personally, on me, Fig 1 is a RED purple, not a blue purple.
th_dunno.gif

The looks for this collection are great... I am getting more anxious for it, though I will only buy a few things. I don't know if an exact date was mentioned yet, but this launches September 30 in the US, followed by holiday on October 15.

Thanks Audrey!Holiday is just 15 short days after VV?
shockt.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Thanks Audrey!Holiday is just 15 short days after VV?
shockt.gif

iagree.gif
icon_eek.gif

It's exciting
yahoo.gif
and scary at the same time. I have to start saving!
wacko.gif

Thank you, Audrey.
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
its definately a "one tap with a 187" kinda blush!

and even then i bet i'll have to use a super light hand!
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
and even then i bet i'll have to use a super light hand!
tong.gif

I think even the lightest of hands would be too much for me! I'll find some way to make it work though- it;s just too freaking pretty to pass on!
greengrin.gif
th_worship.gif

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAddSparkles
Can't wait to see the blush swatch!

Am I the only one going WTF to Dr. Facillier though? I swear to you I've seen Princess and the Frog about 1 million times with my daughter and always thought he was called "Shadow Man".

Shadow man is his nickname. His 'real' name is Dr. Facilier
smiles.gif

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I saw my MAs update book today, and mentioned the purple shadows from the Evil Queen part of the collection, and the update book states that the following are substitute shades from the perament line:

Her Alter Image- Light violet (VP) = Crystal
Vainglorious- Bronze burgundy (Frost) = Star Violet
Vile Violet- Deep blue purple (Matte) = Fig 1

Not sure how accurate that is... personally, on me, Fig 1 is a RED purple, not a blue purple.
th_dunno.gif

The looks for this collection are great... I am getting more anxious for it, though I will only buy a few things. I don't know if an exact date was mentioned yet, but this launches September 30 in the US, followed by holiday on October 15.

thanks for sharing.

for some reason i am not hooked on all these purples. there are so many out already now.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
Shadow man is his nickname. His 'real' name is Dr. Facilier
smiles.gif

i think shadow man is awesome sounding! mac should have just called his part of the collection that
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i think shadow man is awesome sounding! mac should have just called his part of the collection that
smiles.gif

I don't think Disney would have been too happy with that though
th_wink3.gif
It would be kind of like calling Maleficent the wicked fairy
greengrin.gif

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
amazed.gif
I just did a brief search of PX Magical powder on Ebay -- the Ebay gang is asking anywhere from $ 79 to $ 179 for it.. good thing my jaws work well
greengrin.gif

So, the MAC one should be a real hit -- I just hope the Ebay gang sells out before the general public finds out that this powder will be re-issued
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

that is craziness! probably because PX went out of business. up to $179, sounds like it was a hot item.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I don't think Disney would have been too happy with that though
th_wink3.gif
It would be kind of like calling Maleficent the wicked fairy
greengrin.gif

tong.gif
i guess so!

Purrple

Wow, bite of an apple looks gorgeous.
smiles.gif
It's out for me (yay, money saved!), but I imagine it would look amazing on darker skintones or the paler ladies who can rock this sort of color.

marajode

I swear, sometimes I think MAC could package sand and I would buy it, with their freaking marketing.
OH?? Did you say limited sand?? mmmm. come to mama!

I don't know what's wrong with me. As soon as I saw the packaging I was determined to stay away from this thread. UGH. I probably will get one or two things, even though my goal is zero. (I feel like I'm posting a weight loss goal or something. Geesh)

I am intrigued by the cooling powder. Years ago I was at the Prescriptives counter when a really cute MA described their Magic powder as making your skin look IN-freaking-CREDIBLE, especially under club lights. So of course I bought it (I'm so dang easy). And OF COURSE my skin looked in-freaking-credible under club lights. After a couple of drinks
drinks.gif
, everyone looks in-freaking-credible!
th_DANCE.gif
tipsy.gif
heat.gif
rasta.gif

But I did actually really like the product, so I am looking forward to trying MAC's. Bare Escentuals had a fail in my eyes with their attempt in their Hydrating Mineral Veil, so I'm hoping MAC doesn't fail.

Oh, and speaking of MAC parties. I got my mail the other day and in it was a black MAC mailer. I got so ridiculously excited. It was the same size as the one and ONLY card I've gotten for a party in the past. It wasn't computing about the timing for a party, I was under the excitement spell of the party invite, and the ensuing excitement (note to self: MUST GET OUT MORE).
It was a mailer for their mascaras....
their mascaras.
thmbdn.gif

I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story:
"Drink more ovaltine??? A lousy commercial! Son of a bitch!"

oh well.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by marajode
Oh, and speaking of MAC parties. I got my mail the other day and in it was a black MAC mailer. I got so ridiculously excited. It was the same size as the one and ONLY card I've gotten for a party in the past. It wasn't computing about the timing for a party, I was under the excitement spell of the party invite, and the ensuing excitement (note to self: MUST GET OUT MORE).
It was a mailer for their mascaras....
their mascaras.
thmbdn.gif

I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story:
"Drink more ovaltine??? A lousy commercial! Son of a bitch!"

oh well.

I got the same one and had the same misled excitement
ssad.gif
First thing I have ever gotten from MAC in the mail!

ILoveMakeup84

OMG Bite of an apple looks amazing! I am soo getting that one! Can't wait to see more swatches soon
greengrin.gif

lilibat

I always passed over Violetta at the pro shop. For some reason it just didn't do it for me but after seeing swatches here I decided to get it and give it a fair go. I have to say I wish I had gotten it earlier, it's perfect when I want a bright pink but need something a bit more blue than my beloved Rebel. I definitely will be getting a back up for my travel kit.

lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I love Rebel and Violetta with the Rose Briar BP!

That blush looks too bright for me. I own exactly one blush, it's the only one I have ever used in my life... Azalea Blossom. When I wear it, I put powder over it too. I am seriously blush shy, but being a goth for several decades I tend to wear VERY dramatic eyes and dark lips so heavy blush puts me into clown territory. DO NOT WANT.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
That blush looks too bright for me. I own exactly one blush, it's the only one I have ever used in my life... Azalea Blossom. When I wear it, I put powder over it too. I am seriously blush shy, but being a goth for several decades I tend to wear VERY dramatic eyes and dark lips so heavy blush puts me into clown territory. DO NOT WANT.

Yes I do dark eye makeup, too. Right now, I am trying to tone down the lips from what I used to wear, so I think I can use this blush lightly.
greengrin.gif

lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Yes I do dark eye makeup, too. Right now, I am trying to tone down the lips from what I used to wear, so I think I can use this blush lightly.
greengrin.gif

Yeah I used to be Cyber all the time Rebel & Night Violet are my toned down lipsticks.

Now if I could just find a blush that was ALL the liliac side of Azalea Blossom I'd be in business!