MAC Vibe Tribe Collection (May 12/19 2016)

LMarie21

All my stuff arrived - literally a few minutes ago. In the pic are a combo of orders from Dillard's, Mac and Nordie's. I put my backup HC away already lol. But I was bad and ordered Refined Golden in the Vibe Tribe packaging. I didn't realize the Refined Golden I have is 12 years old! Bleh! Definitely going to back to mac for that lol. I haven't gotten a chance to play with any of the makeup or swatch them since lighting is awful here now. But look at this girl's gorgeous pic - she made me want to buy Painted Sunset! That combo with Arrowhead is everything!! But I figure I'll try achieving that look with a red lipliner instead.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 5.41.27 PM.png

LMarie21

Does anybody have Vermillion Vee and Painted Sunset? If so, could you please post a comparison? I am trying really hard to convince myself not to buy PS lolol

squirtlesquad54

Wearing painted canyon, firebrush, and hot chocolate today :) they are soooo beautiful ! I love the bronzer! It's very shimmery but it's gorgeous! Gives such a nice glow. Painted canyon is super pigmented! Definitely had to blend it out a lot. And of course hot chocolate is perfection lol call of the canyon came in yesterday and I wasn't that impressed. The colors weren't as pigmented as I thought they would be :( I should have gone with wild horses! But I'm gonna try to make it work. Has anyone else tried that quad?
image.jpeg

Haven

Love everything that I got so far but arrowhead. Definitely need to layer/mix it with another product.

Painted canyon is really nice paired with firebrush.

Last edited:

Rinstar

Hmmm now I'm considering placing a second order with PC, GR and the blue technakohl... I'm doing a great job skipping this collection :help:

GreenEyedAllie

Haha well it's your fault that I bought the WH quad and that I want the technakohl, so I may as well throw PC in there now too :D

Yay! I think I'm going back for the technakohl tomorrow when I return my unopened Arrowhead. Glad I tested that in store before mine arrived...it's BAD on me.

Rinstar

Yay! I think I'm going back for the technakohl tomorrow when I return my unopened Arrowhead. Glad I tested that in store before mine arrived...it's BAD on me.

Yea I was afraid of that, so I stayed away from that one. Just caved and ordered GR, PC and Take the Plunge. I am done now, I swear! So to recap- I was skipping this collection and now have HC, WH quad, PC, GR, and Take the Plunge on the way. Oops?

GreenEyedAllie

Yea I was afraid of that, so I stayed away from that one. Just caved and ordered GR, PC and Take the Plunge. I am done now, I swear! So to recap- I was skipping this collection and now have HC, WH quad, PC, GR, and Take the Plunge on the way. Oops?

:rofl:

I hope you love them like I do! I know they'll look gorgeous on you.

Prettypackages

Good grief. Maybe they had artisans making yours from scratch.
Hilarious...

Geez that girls pic is gorgeous. Just when I thought my makeup eas hot tonight.

So I have to eat my words. DAD is freaking gorgeous on... gorgeous....

I need pcanyon to go out if stock. Y'all are killing me!!! I can't believe I'm going to pass up on a coral.

patentg33k

Wearing painted canyon, firebrush, and hot chocolate today :) they are soooo beautiful ! I love the bronzer! It's very shimmery but it's gorgeous! Gives such a nice glow. Painted canyon is super pigmented! Definitely had to blend it out a lot. And of course hot chocolate is perfection lol call of the canyon came in yesterday and I wasn't that impressed. The colors weren't as pigmented as I thought they would be :( I should have gone with wild horses! But I'm gonna try to make it work. Has anyone else tried that quad?
View attachment 54318

I swatched Call of the Canyon at the MAC store and agree that Wild Horses has better texture (but Wild Horses has more dupe-able colors). The texture of Call of the Canyon seems uneven to me, doesn't apply smoothly. I could probably make CoC work with a super good brush (?) but I don't really need those colors in my stash right now.

Last edited:

patentg33k

meka72

@prettypackages, how are you wearing DaD? I bought HC and the darkest bronzer (only because I thought someone w/a darker skintone liked it in a prior collection). I'm trying not to order PC and DaD if you give me the okay. Lol.

Ive been keeping my distance from Specktra to rein in my spending. First day back and I've bought from this collection and the Chanel summer collection.

NaomiH

For anyone who hasn't placed an order yet and you use Ebates, MAC is now on it with 3% back. So glad MAC has finally decided to hop on the Ebates train.

LiliV

Here's a quick pic of Arrowhead on me last night. It pulls 100% nude on my lips, no hint of the peach that shows when I swatch on my hand. I do have to say though I will wear it, it's scary when you first apply it but after about 5 minutes it settles down and blends with your lips better and the chalk goes away. I wish it was a smidge more pink/peach but I still like it :) I lined my lips with Kylie's Koko K liner, it was the lightest pencil I had lol

I also tried my Call of the Canyon quad (just the white and dark charcoal shades) and I'm super happy with that!! I'm not the biggest fan of regular Mac shadows, they tend to be a little crappy on me formula wise (just my chemistry- I LOVE the Extra Dimension ones though) but this quad performed really well! 0 complaints

image.jpeg

GreenEyedAllie

Here's a quick pic of Arrowhead on me last night. It pulls 100% nude on my lips, no hint of the peach that shows when I swatch on my hand. I do have to say though I will wear it, it's scary when you first apply it but after about 5 minutes it settles down and blends with your lips better and the chalk goes away. I wish it was a smidge more pink/peach but I still like it :) I lined my lips with Kylie's Koko K liner, it was the lightest pencil I had lol

I also tried my Call of the Canyon quad (just the white and dark charcoal shades) and I'm super happy with that!! I'm not the biggest fan of regular Mac shadows, they tend to be a little crappy on me formula wise (just my chemistry- I LOVE the Extra Dimension ones though) but this quad performed really well! 0 complaints

View attachment 54323

You look so beautiful! It looked nothing like that on me...is the pinkish color from your lips or the liner??

Latest posts