MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

RaizinnthaSun

The lipstick looks so pretty. But, I don't know if I should get it...it looks pretty similar to my Lavender Whip. Instead of getting it, I guess I'll support the cause by getting another trusty ol' viva glam v. Maybe I'll get the gloss....but the pics of the lipglass look pretty similar to Famously Fab lipglass from the Tour de Fabulous collection (December 2011, I think). Does anyone else have Famously Fab? What do you think?

hwdsprincess

Hey all.. I picked up my nicki 2  today, took a few pictures to show what it looks like on me. This is such a fun colour!! For reference I am NC 15 :) This is just with nicki 2 L/S on Nicki 2 L/S with nicki 2 lipglass over top: close up:
Looks really great on you! I'm contemplating on getting it, I'll have to check it out, it's a good thing it's perm so I have no rush

MACina

Looooooooove Nicki 2 on you, Katelyn
heart.gif

KiKi Kontour

werrrrrrrrrrrk it, grrrl...that looks gorgeous, you have mad skillz, I lurve it. I am skipping Nicki2 though, needs more blue. Holding out for LW BU. the gloss looks tempting though.
thannnnx **grinning** yall make me feel sooo special. i still call myself a beginner lol.

so i picked up my nicki2 yesterday and i'll post pics later cuz i wanna try it with diff liners n etc as well. i love the idea of pairing it with nightmoth, vino n others to get the ombre effect. i dare NOT wear it alone though lol. i'd say u MUST (well not must cuz there's no rules n makeup) doctor it up to make it REALLY pop wit awesome-ness!!!

emzy

I saw this at the counter and I loved the swatch on my hand, on my lips it was not so bad but then I got very self-conscious about how my teeth would look. I just don't want to look like I have very very yellow dull teeth. Has anyone had that problem? :(

erine1881

I saw this at the counter and I loved the swatch on my hand, on my lips it was not so bad but then I got very self-conscious about how my teeth would look. I just don't want to look like I have very very yellow dull teeth. Has anyone had that problem? :(
It is purple, which does emphasize any yellow in your teeth. Pair it with darker purple liner to lessen this effect.

katelyn0

Thank you all for the lovely comments!
heart.gif

And yes, unfortunately it does emphasize yellow in the teeth. I love to just wear the lipglass by itself actually, I wore it to school today and got a few compliments on it! Probably going to buy a couple B/Us of the lipglass. It's very pretty for daytime

emzy

Thank you all for the lovely comments! 
heart.gif
  And yes, unfortunately it does emphasize yellow in the teeth. I love to just wear the lipglass by itself actually, I wore it to school today and got a few compliments on it! Probably going to buy a couple B/Us of the lipglass. It's very pretty for daytime
It is purple, which does emphasize any yellow in your teeth. Pair it with darker purple liner to lessen this effect.
I'm going to try it. Would magenta lip pencil be good? Thanks you're always so helpful:)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by RaizinnthaSun
Maybe I'll get the gloss....but the pics of the lipglass look pretty similar to Famously Fab lipglass from the Tour de Fabulous collection (December 2011, I think). Does anyone else have Famously Fab? What do you think?

Pretty different - i'll post swatches tomorrow - it's too dark here now.

KiKi Kontour

so i tried the nicki2 lipglass...im not a fan of lipglasses and even though it's for a good cause the revlon lilac gloss is basically the same thing sooo i skipped it

i always feel DUMB takin pics of myself in public. i know folks be like dmn she's so vain
iagree.gif

when i got home of course i dipped into the lipstick liiiiike asap lol but umm yea its definitely NOT color i'd wear alone so i paired it with mac magenta liner:

and today i played in it using Vino liner (topped with revlon lilac lipgloss) which seems to be a popular shade folks are using it with:

aside from supporting a great cause i'd recommend this shades for all skin tones becuz u can play it up, down or over the top with the endless possibilties when using different liners and lipsticks to pair it with. i see how some people are playing it "safe" with the plum n pink liners to make it more wearable...outside lol. i know some folks will be scared to step out the box with this color
ohboy.gif
but now im ready for this infamous lavender whip everyone keeps raving about
icon_eek.gif

Copperhead

so i tried the nicki2 lipglass...im not a fan of lipglasses and even though it's for a good cause the revlon lilac gloss is basically the same thing sooo i skipped it

i always feel DUMB takin pics of myself in public. i know folks be like dmn she's so vain
iagree.gif

when i got home of course i dipped into the lipstick liiiiike asap lol but umm yea its definitely NOT color i'd wear alone so i paired it with mac magenta liner:

and today i played in it using Vino liner (topped with revlon lilac lipgloss) which seems to be a popular shade folks are using it with:

aside from supporting a great cause i'd recommend this shades for all skin tones becuz u can play it up, down or over the top with the endless possibilties when using different liners and lipsticks to pair it with. i see how some people are playing it "safe" with the plum n pink liners to make it more wearable...outside lol. i know some folks will be scared to step out the box with this color
ohboy.gif
but now im ready for this infamous lavender whip everyone keeps raving about
icon_eek.gif
girlhaha.gif

I'm also going to pair the Revlon Lilac gloss with my Nicki2. It looks good on you.

KiKi Kontour

girlhaha.gif

I'm also going to pair the Revlon Lilac gloss with my Nicki2. It looks good on you.
WOOP WOOP!!! yea that lipglass is definitely a dupe w/revlon and it feels soooo much smoother lol. funny how that revlon has been sittin in my stash since last year, smh!!

Copperhead

WOOP WOOP!!! yea that lipglass is definitely a dupe w/revlon and it feels soooo much smoother lol. funny how that revlon has been sittin in my stash since last year, smh!!
rasta.gif

I hardly ever buy backups but a few months ago I bought a backup of that Revlon gloss just in case it wasn't permanent.
girlhaha.gif