Mac Volcanic Ash exfoliator

elegant-one

Re: volcanic ash exfoliator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I know those who don't like it *^^cough cough^^* may say it smells like poo, but seriously what does it remind you girls of? I have NO idea.

HAHAHA
th_LMAO.gif
Well, not quite that bad
tong.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammie
I was lookin at the mac site and its not marked with LE icon anymore, so perhaps they are permanent! I'm excited if they are because my friend gave me a sample and I loveeee it!

some people have heard that its been made perm. however, when LE items are sold out online, they remove the ToD and replace it with SOLD OUT. this doesn' mean that its perm, just that its sold out. when perm items are outta stock, it'll say outta stock instead of sold out.

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammie
I was lookin at the mac site and its not marked with LE icon anymore, so perhaps they are permanent! I'm excited if they are because my friend gave me a sample and I loveeee it!

there is no icon because it is sold out. the icons disappear when le items are sold-out.

exoticarbcqen

I just want to add that after trying this product, I was quite surprised at how soft it made my skin. A little bit definitely goes along way. I am going to try this on my body next. So far I have tryed it on my face only. For those of you who are looking for something to use on the upper regions of your arms (KP conditions) I would DEFINITELY recommend buying the dermadoctor scrub $45.00 its amazing!!!

anywho, i was able to track down 3 jars of the ash exfoilator and they didnt charge me tax and only $7.50 shipping for 3 jears!!

Paramnesia

I dropped the lid today in the shower and it broke
ssad.gif

that was a little disappointing, that it broke so easily.

spectrolite

I've secured 2 jars of this magic goop and I'm so pleased. I can't even believe how soft it makes my skin.
thmbup.gif
And I don't mind the smell at all and I guess thats what volcanic ash smells like. Maybe its got some trace amounts of sulfur in it?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I've secured 2 jars of this magic goop and I'm so pleased. I can't even believe how soft it makes my skin.
thmbup.gif
And I don't mind the smell at all and I guess thats what volcanic ash smells like. Maybe its got some trace amounts of sulfur in it?

good call!
thmbup.gif
it actually does contain sulfur.
yes.gif

abbyquack

Well, for what it's worth, even though it's sold out most places, I will add my two cents, and unfortunately have to say that I was disappointed with this. I was skeptical in the beginning because MAC has never struck me as experts in skin care, but I heard all the good reviews and so I picked one up. Unfortunately, I didn't see any miraculous results- my skin didn't feel any softer with this exfoliator than with any other, nor did it clear my skin up- and I have felt that the sugar or whatever the exfoliator is, is really rough on my skin. I'm not allergic and I don't get rashes from any products, but I would say my cheeks are fairly sensitive, which is why I hardly use exfoliators anymore except for maybe once a week. So I guess I should've figured that any exfoliator, including the VAE, would make my cheeks feel tender. However, I DO like the smell of the product, and I've been using it since as a body scrub- again, it isn't providing amazing results, but it's a way to use what's left of it, right?

So, in conclusion, if you have sensitive skin, I would avoid heavy/frequent use of the VAE, and as an exfoliator, it is just like any other.

xquizite

I bought 1 when they came out & im actually scared to use this. LOL yea pathetic I KNOW, but lately my skins been goin crazy! I only tried a little on the bottom part of my cheeks, so far so good.. but yea..

I think Loreal True Match really messed me up.I used it for 2 weeks and a cystic acne came up on my chin...then another one, and another one.
ssad.gif

So i stopped using anything til my chin cleared up.
Yep, then switched to MAC Loose Mineralize Foundation, hah & guess what? Did the saammmme thing.
SO you can see where im coming from with experimenting on new face products.
sigh.gif

sooo, baby steps for me with this stuff... & i have to find new foundation soon!

Paramnesia

I love how soft it makes my skin feel... definitely worth the money. I so hope it'll be perm

sua

After going back and forth whether to purchase this or not, I finally decided yes. Counter ran out of samples. I purchased it anyways, since I don't have sensitive skin. I was a bit underwhelmed on the softness part. My skin didn't feel any more softer than it was before, but my face did feel slicker/smooth (only lasted until water dried). Other exfoliators just made my face feel 'clean', but not smooth. My face felt fresh, but not so tight like moisture was zapped. Even under the Texas sun and humidity, my oily skin... wasn't so oily anymore! Pretty cool
cutey.gif
The smell is a lot more salty than expected (sniffed from jar). It's okay. After I use it, the smell isn't as salty and just 'earthy'. The more I use it, the more I like it.

I got the second to last jar from my counter! If MAC decides to make this permanent, cool, if not, I can get along without it. I'm sure they'll repromote it like tender tones. Oh, and the price is awesome!! 4oz. for $20 is a
thmbup.gif
for me. I haven't even touched the product in the jar yet. I just swipe from the lid every time.

exoticarbcqen

how are some of you using it? as a facial mask? exfoilator? cleanser?
I would like different suggestions. How thick or thin is the application on the face? I am wondering what some of you have found to be the most effective? all suggestions welcomed! thanks

Ps. I have 4 jars, BNIB so if someone is looking for one. I would be willing to let it go for $23 + shipping.

TDoll

I ended up trying this stuff out because of this thread (my MA gave me a few samples of it). I wasn't crazy about it.
001_unsure.gif
I guess I'm just used to what I normally use, but the smell was kind of unpleasant for me and I guess I just don't get why it's so great. It was just ok...(if that) for me.

Dahlia_Rayn

I seriously wish they'd sell this in a five gallon bucket.
I use it all over, just one limb at a time...I scrub scrub scrub until the sugar is gone. I love the way my skin feels, and have noticed that a lot of the weird bumps on my upper arms are going away. I love it so much that I had to have my MIL try it! We are now both addicts!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
how are some of you using it? as a facial mask? exfoilator? cleanser?
I would like different suggestions. How thick or thin is the application on the face? I am wondering what some of you have found to be the most effective? all suggestions welcomed! thanks

Ps. I have 4 jars, BNIB so if someone is looking for one. I would be willing to let it go for $23 + shipping.

its only to be used one way-as an exfoliator. use a grape-sized amount and scrub on wet skin until all the sugar is desolved, then rinse.

btw, you can only talk about selling products in the sell/swap thread. otherwise its a violation of forum rules.

erine1881

sorry folks.

there are no plans to make this perm anytime soon.

i'm heartbroken too!
cry.gif

panda0410

OK so both of my jars have arrived now and I LOVE it!! I am SO glad I bought them that I have tracked a 3rd jar down
winks.gif
Skin so soft, I actually like the smell and I havent had any reaction to it at all which was what I was stressing about the most!!!! WOO HOO!!
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
sorry folks.

there are no plans to make this perm anytime soon.

i'm heartbroken too!
cry.gif

censored.gif