MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

montREALady

On the fence about keeping Freshen Up. Really is just a blush and an overpriced blush at that. MAC has to have a blush color similar to Freshen Up. Either that or I need to find a different way of wearing it!
I felt the same way and realized it was the brush. I typically use a fluffy fan for my highlighters and that just doesn't work with FU and the tri-color. Or at least not the way I was doing it. The two times prior, I just swiped all 3 and put it on my cheekbones in haste and was annoyed with the result and had to top it with another highlighter. I didn't have the time to try. So this morning I tried with my MAC blush brush (thanks to @jenise and our convo on IG last night!), I think it's the 129 and I used the red and coral on my cheeks then the palest color as a highlight over Becca's SSP Rose Gold liquid with the fan brush and it looks nice. The 129 really picked up product whereas my fan didn't. I got FU on a Bloomies gift card so I may end up keeping it. If I had paid my own hard-earned money, I'm not sure. But I feel like those with lighter complexions seem to enjoy it a lot and those of us darker ladies were kind of annoyed once the overspray wore off.

montREALady

I felt the same way and realized it was the brush. I typically use a fluffy fan for my highlighters and that just doesn't work with FU and the tri-color. Or at least not the way I was doing it. The two times prior, I just swiped all 3 and put it on my cheekbones in haste and was annoyed with the result and had to top it with another highlighter. I didn't have the time to try. So this morning I tried with my MAC blush brush (thanks to @jenise and our convo on IG last night!), I think it's the 129 and I used the red and coral on my cheeks then the palest color as a highlight over Becca's SSP Rose Gold liquid with the fan brush and it looks nice. The 129 really picked up product whereas my fan didn't. I got FU on a Bloomies gift card so I may end up keeping it. If I had paid my own hard-earned money, I'm not sure. But I feel like those with lighter complexions seem to enjoy it a lot and those of us darker ladies were kind of annoyed once the overspray wore off.
Freshen Up.

I used the red and coral on my cheeks with my MAC 129, then the palest color as a highlight over Becca's SSP Rose Gold liquid with the fan brush. Lips are Stone lipstick with NYX Prune lip pencil

You can see my cheeks through the hair
lol.gif
...I take these pics in the bathroom at work and feel like an ass when people come in and out and have to pretend like I'm checking my makeup
girlhaha.gif
. All that to say that I didn't get a better close-up of my cheeks
blush-anim-cl.gif

TwiggyPop

Freshen Up. I used the red and coral on my cheeks with my MAC 129, then the palest color as a highlight over Becca's SSP Rose Gold liquid with the fan brush. Lips are Stone lipstick with NYX Prune lip pencil You can see my cheeks through the hair :lol: ...I take these pics in the bathroom at work and feel like an ass when people come in and out and have to pretend like I'm checking my makeup :haha: . All that to say that I didn't get a better close-up of my cheeks :blush:  
It looks great on you! I'm glad you played around with it before taking it back.

montREALady

It looks great on you! I'm glad you played around with it before taking it back.
Me too. I didn't want to have to return it tbh. It kicks up some dust with the 129 brush though! I like that there's a blush and highlights in one pan. Perfect for me in the mornings.

TwiggyPop

Or in the garbage. LMAO! I'll try again though.  Me too. I didn't want to have to return it tbh. It kicks up some dust with the 129 brush though! I like that there's a blush and highlights in one pan. Perfect for me in the mornings. 
Haha! There are a few colors I should pitch, but I might be a hoarder with makeup.

Prettypackages

Freshen Up.

I used the red and coral on my cheeks with my MAC 129, then the palest color as a highlight over Becca's SSP Rose Gold liquid with the fan brush. Lips are Stone lipstick with NYX Prune lip pencil

You can see my cheeks through the hair
lol.gif
...I take these pics in the bathroom at work and feel like an ass when people come in and out and have to pretend like I'm checking my makeup
girlhaha.gif
. All that to say that I didn't get a better close-up of my cheeks
blush-anim-cl.gif
glad you gave it another chance. What eyeshadow is that.

montREALady

you've been giving htat one a lot of love... I'll have to give it another chance.
Ha, I actually haven't worn it since last week I don't think, hehehe. But yeah I like it. This blue, Dusty Rose and the silver are my favs off the top of my head. Well it's called Beigely, it's gorg for inner eye corners. I use those 3 colors the most.

Marsha Pomells

It is. I find myself using the same colors over and over though, lol. But that's for work. I can play up more when I have the time and going out somewhere special on the weekends and stuff.
I got the costal scents (?) palette (well... 2 of them... Thanks baby sis for wasting my money) with 180 eyeshadows.
0ebef08d_image.jpeg
The combinations are ENDLESS...

AnitaK

I have a 120 one I bought about 4 or 5 years ago but I use it primarily for Carnival mas makeup clients.
Actually...I am thinking something like that may come in handy for me. I normally use bright colours as stage makeup for my classical indian dancing.