MAC X Aaliyah Collection (June 20/21, 2018)

SerenLuv

I have also drastically cut back my MAC purchases this year. Their collections so far have been boring. I did get the Aaliyah email and I was able to place 3 orders. I only bought from this collection because my nieces were asking for the lipstick and lipglass. My login to the MAC website is still sketchy but I learned how to trick it. Personally, I have essentially moved on to Pat McGrath for lipstick. It is expensive but amazing.

Haven

This sounds terrible. MAC CS has always been clueless, but this was incredibly rude. I am so sorry.

Thank you!

MAC strikes me as a company that has gotten overly confident regarding their hold on their customer base. Believing that consumers will continue to purchase MAC products regardless of how horrible their CS is, how messed up and boring the new releases are, how pointless the rewards program is, etc. MAC has stopped courting its (previously) loyal consumer base which will end up biting them in the a**.

I get perk emails from multiple cosmetic brands on a regular basis which helps to lure my business elsewhere.

Tarabotti

In the waiting room!!!...for a damn lipstick...lol

I was like 'Seriously, MAC not another waiting room'!

To my surprise, I waited less than 15 minutes. Nothing looked like it was sold out but I didn't see if they were limiting the selection to one of each item. Still trying to decide about the Nevermore lip pencil but I think that I'm just about done with this collection.

I hope people get want they want today and don't have to keep stalking or go into the store. I might do that tomorrow, just to swatch if I can get into the store!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Just hold on...I had the same problem. It will get through!

And 19 minutes later, I have my single lippie ordered. :yess:

I'm at the checkout page now, but now it keeps saying it can't connect to Paypal, arrrgh! Glad you got your lipstick!

LadyBug13

I was in the waiting room for about 10 minutes.

I got Brooklyn Born lipglass and the Try Again and Hot Like lipsticks. I also picked up 3 unrelated Aaliyah items. My sister got Follow Your Heart liner, Li Li's Motor City and Brooklyn Born lipglasses, More Than a Woman and Try Again lipsticks, and the eye shadow palette.

As much as MAC is my favorite brand, this is my first time purchasing from one of MAC's limited collections. Surprised at how geeked I am about it.

Last edited:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Keep with it! I believe both the MAC site and PayPal were suddenly inundated. Sending you positive vibes!!!

Thank you! It didn't work for me, but my bf was able to place an order for me. Apparently only Apple Pay worked. Got 3 lipsticks and the bronzing powder. Whew.

fur4elise

I was in the waiting room for about 10 minutes.
I got Brooklyn Born lipglass and the Try Again and Hot Like lipsticks. I also picked up 3 unrelated Aaliyah items. My sister got Follow Your Heart liner, Li Li's Motor City and Brooklyn Born lipglasses, More Than a Woman and Try Again lipsticks, and the eye shadow palette.
As much as MAC is my favorite brand, this is my first time purchasing from one of MAC's limited collections. Surprised at how geeked I am about it.

LOL! A fellow No/Low buy thread buddy! :tee: I was geeked too...even if only for one lipstick! In years past I would have purchased a heck of a lot more...but I am happy with my choice to keep it simple ;)

fur4elise

Thank you! It didn't work for me, but my bf was able to place an order for me. Apparently only Apple Pay worked. Got 3 lipsticks and the bronzing powder. Whew.

Yaaaay! :five: So happy you got your order through! Whew is right...we can all breathe and get back to real life now...lol

singer82

Have not posted in awhile. No MAC collections have been grabbing me. I love Aaliyah so I had to come out of hiding lol. Got the dark red and nude lipsticks and the orange gloss. Pretty excited!

Latest posts