MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

MacNcheese

Here is a video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJ0dn0yfkI

Hope this helps!
bouquet.gif
I'm sold. It didn't look ashy on her at all, even with the light right on her face. Then she said the magic word....pores. Ahhhhh, can't wait until my no buy is over.

singer82

Nicki 2 looks like a more lavender Beauty lipstick. Pass for me! Thank goodness. The Nars powder on the other hand....lol. But I think I'll wait till my trip to Vegas in July to pick it up. Must keep my no buy till April going strong! :sweat:

Medgal07

yay!
i phoned my local store today...they allowed me to put aside products that i can pick up on the 8th when i go to have my makeup done. i was a bit surprised because they use to always insist people pick up products on launch day, and they would schedule the appointments the week after the launch. but i guess they realized people weren't so keen on that system.so now i don't have to rely on mac online....!
super awesome wonderful.
fluffy.gif
Oh that's awesome news aradhana. I'm so happy for you! Let's dance ......
dance.gif
party.gif

erinmichelle87

about to do a little enabling here....

Products I am wearing in this look from AG..

Caramel Sundae Quad- Lovely!! I do not mind pigmentation, its meant to be soft and pretty. In the look I am wearing the pink in the inner corner/tear duct/under the eye, The yellow shade all over the lid, the light brown in the outer V and upwards into the crease, with the darkest shade in the outer V. I also put the light brown on the lower lashline.

Cream Soda Blush- Love this!!! I own all the more recent orange/coral/peach blushes such as IF, Legendary, Launch Away!, Supercontinental, Poised, ect, and this is by far my favorite. It has a milkier color to it with micro shimmer.

EDIT::: Girl Next Door Lipstick- Super sheer lustre, but I love sheer lustres for every day or a quick look. I am not wearing a liner with it here.

I recommend all three products!!!! especially if you are at or around my skin tone, NC15 but very neutral.

Medgal07

On a bright side, cream soda is lovely and buildable. It's everything I wanted immortal flower to be. It's more coral on my skin. Perfect s mer shade and its pigmented and lovely! I picked up the Veronica plush just because I loved the texture of Betty's.
Sound like you got a dud of a palette. Having to work with the colors, building them, etc., is one thing, casing that won't even close is another. I'd consider returning it...at that price point the housing should at least be sound.
th_dunno.gif

MacNcheese

Caramel Sundae Quad- Lovely!! I do not mind pigmentation, its meant to be soft and pretty. In the look I am wearing the pink in the inner corner/tear duct/under the eye, The yellow shade all over the lid, the light brown in the outer V and upwards into the crease, with the darkest shade in the outer V. I also put the light brown on the lower lashline.

Cream Soda Blush- Love this!!! I own all the more recent orange/coral/peach blushes such as IF, Legendary, Launch Away!, Supercontinental, Poised, ect, and this is by far my favorite. It has a milkier color to it with micro shimmer.

Daddy's Little Girl Lipstick- Super sheer lustre, but I love sheer lustres for every day or a quick look. I am not wearing a liner with it here.

I recommend all three products!!!! especially if you are at or around my skin tone, NC15 but very neutral.

Gorgeous on you! And cream soda looks great against your skin, much more pigmented than swatches I've seen. Wait, do you have on DLG OR GND?

gracie90

Daddy's Little Girl Lipstick- Super sheer lustre, but I love sheer lustres for every day or a quick look. I am not wearing a liner with it here.

The quad looks beautiful on you! I'm definitely picking it up when AG comes out in the UK :)

kirsten

about to do a little enabling here.... Products I am wearing in this look from AG.. Caramel Sundae Quad- Lovely!! I do not mind pigmentation, its meant to be soft and pretty. In the look I am wearing the pink in the inner corner/tear duct/under the eye, The yellow shade all over the lid, the light brown in the outer V and upwards into the crease, with the darkest shade in the outer V. I also put the light brown on the lower lashline. Cream Soda Blush- Love this!!! I own all the more recent orange/coral/peach blushes such as IF, Legendary, Launch Away!, Supercontinental, Poised, ect, and this is by far my favorite. It has a milkier color to it with micro shimmer.  Daddy's Little Girl Lipstick- Super sheer lustre, but I love sheer lustres for every day or a quick look. I am not wearing a liner with it here.  I recommend all three products!!!! especially if you are at or around my skin tone, NC15 but very neutral. 
Ahh this whole look is gorgeous! Especially loving the eyeshadows. :)

elegant-one

It does, thank you!
th_kiss.gif

I'm going to watch it and read the blog post too.
She is just freakin adorable/beautiful!!!! I thought her skin looked great. And, its funny that she found it to be pretty much exactly the way I do. So yeah, you might be in
lol.gif
trouble...well, in April.

I LOVED her hair 'all jacked up' too.

I did wonder what Benji ate that he wasn't supposed to.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Gorgeous erinmichelle87...you look A-mazing! I'm not a pro by any means but I've observed that bad product reviews are resultant of the user/reviewer failing to utilize/apply the products maximally and effectively. I preordered the Caramel Sundae quad and have had second thoughts about it based on various reviews. Well you have helped solidify my decision...the quad stays on my list! Thank you for demonstrating that there is more than one way to skin a cat! (Just an old expression---I'm a die hard animal lover).

lilinah

When i went into my local MAC on Monday to check out the Archies they didn't have the Pearlmattes. I went in yesterday to swatch the Paint Pots and they had the Pearlmattes! so i tested both.

With a brush i picked up the base color - i avoided the hearts. The powder is quite hard, which it is supposed to be so that it applies sheer. These are meant for all-over application, and if they gave up too much color they'd fail at their intended use.

Betty's is light-medium peach - not matte, but not glittery. Being sheer it gives a hint of warmth to the whole face, without looking too bright or clownish.

Veronica's is very pale pink with an inherent silver shimmer. Applied to the face it provides a lovely luminosity without looking disco-ball.

As they are both quite sheer, pics wouldn't say much, so i didn't try.

I had decided to pass on them and hold out for the Pearlmattes in the Baking Beauties collection. But now my resolve is weakening. because they were both quite nice on me - something i had not anticipated - i'm 15-20 neutral.

I cannot predict how either would look on WoC.

MacNcheese

She is just freakin adorable/beautiful!!!! I thought her skin looked great. And, its funny that she found it to be pretty much exactly the way I do. So yeah, you might be in
lol.gif
trouble...well, in April.

I LOVED her hair 'all jacked up' too.

I did wonder what Benji ate that he wasn't supposed to.
girlhaha.gif
Yeah, I kind of knew in the back of my mind that I was going to get it after your glowing reviews. But, I thought just maybe, maaaaayyybee a WOC would say it was too ashy and I could skip it
sigh.gif

She looked great with it on, and her hair looked fine to me too...then again mine is always "frizzy", LOL. Benji probably ate some NARS, ha!

elegant-one

Erin - That is really pretty on you! Do you like the caramel shade?
Thanks for showing the blush. I almost did not get it, but now I'm glad I did.

elegant-one

Yeah, I kind of knew in the back of my mind that I was going to get it after your glowing reviews. But, I thought just maybe, maaaaayyybee a WOC would say it was too ashy and I could skip it
sigh.gif

She looked great with it on, and her hair looked fine to me too...then again mine is always "frizzy", LOL. Benji probably ate some NARS, ha!
lol.gif