MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

sss215

Just curious. How does anyone get an invite?
Usually by being a frequent shopper at a MAC store or online. If you don't get one in the next week or so, give your local MAC stores a call and make an appointment. I called my store and the MA said their invites will go out soon and their booking sheets will start on Monday. I'll be calling to make my appointment then. I don't want to miss a thing!

sss215

I think I'll go to this launch party....looks like it should be lots of fun!!!!  Let the saving begin :)
Yes! I have to save a bit for this one. I hope there are some non makeup items to spurge on. I hope the pigments are banging too!

ForeverJenn

Found a pic. 4 lippies so maybe 3 for Betty and 3 for Ronnie. I am so glad I skipped Dark Diversion. Can't wait to get this one, which I hope is a new shade and not a repromote.
c07b873c_image.jpeg
I don't know what the color story is, but I already know hat those four lipsticks will be mine! The packaging is so cute

2browneyes

Yes! I have to save a bit for this one. I hope there are some non makeup items to spurge on. I hope the pigments are banging too!
I'm wondering if those totes we saw in a pic from a previous post will be for sale. I think I remember seeing a pic of a pigment from this collection too. Guess the only way to be absolutely sure is to patiently wait for the color story.

Mac-Guy

I'm wondering if those totes we saw in a pic from a previous post will be for sale. I think I remember seeing a pic of a pigment from this collection too. Guess the only way to be absolutely sure is to patiently wait for the color story.
That would be cute, though I would probably skip a white tote.

liba

I wish MAC would do something like the scarf from Liberty of London again. That was a beautiful scarf, very high quality, totally worth the money. I bought it for my mother and she wears it all the time (and believe me, I'd have snagged one for myself too if I was more of a scarf person).

The little odds and ends with Wonder Woman were pretty underwhelming to me, as are most of the summer tote bags. Honestly, the MAC knick knack I've enjoyed the most for myself were the silly rubber dish washing gloves from the Shop/Cook party
greengrin.gif

erine1881

I doubt they'll be for sale. They look like cheap, thick plastic. They're probably what mac stores will have when you purchase products, likemthey did with a previous collection (fafi i think???, or something).

Urmi

Usually by being a frequent shopper at a MAC store or online. If you don't get one in the next week or so, give your local MAC stores a call and make an appointment. I called my store and the MA said their invites will go out soon and their booking sheets will start on Monday. I'll be calling to make my appointment then. I don't want to miss a thing!
It's so frustrating for me to spend so much on MAC, keep checking my address with the store and yet not get any of these invites. I think I'll err on the side of caution and call them tomorrow to make sure I'm at least booked for an appointment.

pocketmouse

Yep! We've actually seen a couple pictures of the pigments (I believe there's at least 2, the light pink one which is a repromote and I know somebody posted the name of it but I can't remember what it was, and there's a dark Veronica one)
Here are some of the pictures that have been posted earlier in the thread:

http://cdn.specktra.net/e/e9/900x900px-LL-e9b05f41_SC20120908-214521.png
http://cdn.specktra.net/5/58/58c00c1c_MACxarchie.jpeg
http://cdn.specktra.net/a/a4/a4991433_IMG_2060-489x655.jpeg

I think I want to get both of them!
heart.gif

KathyHC

Is there any collections coming out before this one? Apres Chic, Strenght and the brow one are out tomorrow.. but anything coming on January? I think last year there was at least on the 5th of Jan no? Just curious :p

ForeverJenn

i thinki should've waited passed on Absolute power, and picked up Ronnie red... i need to stop with the reds already!!
nonono.gif