MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

Audrey C

This packaging sure is cute. My eldest daughter's bday is just after the launch, and I'm sure she'd love these. I'll almost certainly buy her one of the quads and a lippie or l/g for the packaging alone.
yes.gif

There's nothing I want for myself; I like the packaging but it feels too kid like for me to want it. I might even break my own 'no makeup other than Lip Smackers type products' rule for my 11 year old for this collection. She's been begging for a MAC l/g for ages (more than willing to spend her own money for it) and I've not let her because she's just too young to wade into this space. $2 near clear gloss at Claires? Sure. $20 gloss at MAC? Not until you're in high school.

There's a light gloss with Betty on it; I could see myself buying that for her as a special treat. Her bday is also right around the launch and she adores those characters.

Corally

This packaging sure is cute. My eldest daughter's bday is just after the launch, and I'm sure she'd love these. I'll almost certainly buy her one of the quads and a lippie or l/g for the packaging alone. :nods: There's nothing I want for myself; I like the packaging but it feels too kid like for me to want it. I might even break my own 'no makeup other than Lip Smackers type products' rule for my 11 year old for this collection. She's been begging for a MAC l/g for ages (more than willing to spend her own money for it) and I've not let her because she's just too young to wade into this space. $2 near clear gloss at Claires? Sure. $20 gloss at MAC? Not until you're in high school. There's a light gloss with Betty on it; I could see myself buying that for her as a special treat. Her bday is also right around the launch and she adores those characters.
That's so sweet of you!

mousygiggles

This packaging sure is cute. My eldest daughter's bday is just after the launch, and I'm sure she'd love these. I'll almost certainly buy her one of the quads and a lippie or l/g for the packaging alone.
yes.gif

There's nothing I want for myself; I like the packaging but it feels too kid like for me to want it. I might even break my own 'no makeup other than Lip Smackers type products' rule for my 11 year old for this collection. She's been begging for a MAC l/g for ages (more than willing to spend her own money for it) and I've not let her because she's just too young to wade into this space. $2 near clear gloss at Claires? Sure. $20 gloss at MAC? Not until you're in high school.

There's a light gloss with Betty on it; I could see myself buying that for her as a special treat. Her bday is also right around the launch and she adores those characters.
My daughter is wanting stuff from this collection too because I buy her Archie comics too!!! She might get her first pigment and for sure that light gloss.

Audrey C

That's so sweet of you!
Are you kidding? It's even more fun to buy something for them than it is for myself.
heart.gif
A quad in special packaging is out of the reach of most HS seniors (particularly those making good choices about savings with university looming), but it's a great gift.

She's getting the Pink Pro lip palette and one of the holiday sets for Christmas, and I think I might get her a Clarisonic. I think she'll use and enjoy all of those things and would never spend the money on herself.

CartoonChic

Are you kidding? It's even more fun to buy something for them than it is for myself.
heart.gif
A quad in special packaging is out of the reach of most HS seniors (particularly those making good choices about savings with university looming), but it's a great gift.

She's getting the Pink Pro lip palette and one of the holiday sets for Christmas, and I think I might get her a Clarisonic. I think she'll use and enjoy all of those things and would never spend the money on herself.
I had decided to get my daughter a Clarisonic for Christmas as well. I was actually going to pick one up today from Ulta, but decided to wait to see if I can get a better coupon for it.

Audrey C

I had decided to get my daughter a Clarisonic for Christmas as well. I was actually going to pick one up today from Ulta, but decided to wait to see if I can get a better coupon for it.
I think it's a great gift. I'm really happy with mine and she's at an age where it could really benefit her skin. I'm going to start waiting for a sale myself.

Last year I shifted to each of the kids getting four gifts:

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

Hm...trying to convince myself that a Clarisonic fits under the 'need' theme. ;)

Copperhead

I've been wanting my daughter to try the Clarisonic but she just won't do it. She does absolutely nothing to take care of her skin. Pores clogged like nobody's business. Sounds like she's warming up to the idea and when she does decide to give it a try, I'm going to let her use mine. I have a brand new brush for her so we can just switch brushes. I'm just waiting for her to say when. If she likes it and it helps her, then I'll buy one for her so she can have it when she decides to move out.

Audrey C

I've been wanting my daughter to try the Clarisonic but she just won't do it. She does absolutely nothing to take care of her skin. Pores clogged like nobody's business. Sounds like she's warming up to the idea and when she does decide to give it a try, I'm going to let her use mine. I have a brand new brush for her so we can just switch brushes. I'm just waiting for her to say when. If she likes it and it helps her, then I'll buy one for her so she can have it when she decides to move out.
My daughter's acne started at 11 and it just starting calming down in the last year. She's been down the prescription topicals path, 18 months on antibiotics path, and nothing helped. Believe it or not, I got her Clinique's Acne line last Christmas and it made a HUGE difference in her skin.

Her skin is much better now at almost 18, but it isn't smooth. Luckily she doesn't have scarring, but she has those little hard bumps all over. I think the Clarisonic would help exfoliate those away over time and do a better job at really cleaning her face.

sss215

I gave my daughter my old Mia when I got the Mia 2 and she loves it. She is 15 and is into beauty items like me. I hope she comes around. Its a great cleaming product!

found this in my twitter feed, these are nothing compared to the other photos on here already

i will have to do more sluthing in instagram!

Copperhead

My daughter's acne started at 11 and it just starting calming down in the last year. She's been down the prescription topicals path, 18 months on antibiotics path, and nothing helped. Believe it or not, I got her Clinique's Acne line last Christmas and it made a HUGE difference in her skin.

Her skin is much better now at almost 18, but it isn't smooth. Luckily she doesn't have scarring, but she has those little hard bumps all over. I think the Clarisonic would help exfoliate those away over time and do a better job at really cleaning her face.
That sounds great. Is she still using the Clinique Acne line? Prob with mine is she doesn't stick to any kind of regimen long enough for anything to work. She doesn't really have zits/pimples but I can clearly see clogged pores. I keep telling her that I should NOT be able to see that the way that I do. I'm hoping the way the Clarisonic moves it'll just suck that stuff out of there. LOL.

We might have to take this skincare talk to the skincare forum.
girlhaha.gif
I feel like I'm thread jacking.

xasperadastra

well, it's off topic but I can say you my experience. I also have had a really bad acne.. it started when I was 11 and well now that I'm 24 my skin it's fine but not perfect at all! I'm lucky I don't have any scars, but I have large pores and some dark spots.. I really felt bad with myself when I was younger. It's really important to treat our skin every single day with scrub, cleanser, moisturizer, products for acne. what really worked for me were LUSH products (herbalism, vanishing cream, grease lighting...).. I also had to take strong medicines (here it is called Ruacutan) which I took for 4 months and a lot of the worst acne on me disappeared .. now I also use hormone based contraceptive.. also hormones work against acne but my advice is to use natural and good products everyday and eat healthy food.. aways clean makeup brushes and keep the skin as clean as possible!

OhSoJaded

Are you a Sephora VIB? They should be having their 20% off sale sometime in late Oct/early Nov.

Latest posts