MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

Copperhead

I didn't use a brush.. lol maybe that was the problem huh? lol I'll try again. I don't know if I have that brush , I don't remember what numbers i have .I should tho lol
Another tip that might help you is make sure you tap the excess pigment off of your brush. Also, if you have some Fix+, perhaps you can spray your brush so the pigment can stick a bit better. Pigments are great! Good luck!

Audrey C

I think I can safely skip on this whole collection. Happy hauling though!
Yeah, same. It's mostly too cool and bright for my tastes and what isn't (the coral blush and lippie) is similar to what I already have. I was tempted by the Pearlmattes because I really like my Vera one, but they look like they're mostly sheen with just a bit of colour this time. I'm hoping appearances are deceiving, but the promo pics certainly don't scream subtle highlight/wash of colour.

lilinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine1543
Did Vera and Shop/Cook collection come out on the same day last year?
I can't remember excatly because Mac always releases soooo many collections.
icon_eek.gif

2012 releases

1st quarter

JAN 5 - Iris Apfel and Naturally
FEB 9 - Vera (Neumann) and Shop3, Cook3
MAR 1 - ChenMan Love & Water and Marcel Wanders 2 and Too Supreme (Sheen Supreme Lipglass (LE) - Sheen Supreme Lipstick (Perm))

2nd quarter

APR 5 - So Reel / Reel Sexy and Très Cheek and In Extra Dimension
MAY 3 - Fashion Sets (aka “Lips & Tips”)
MAY 24 - Hey, Sailor
JUNE 7 - Casual Colour for Cheeks & Lips and MAC X Beth Ditto
JUNE 18 - Ruffian — on-line only

chi1216

They need to tell us the story for this collection already. Then it'll seem more real. :) I have decided what I want to purchase already though. :)

ChosenOne

Another tip that might help you is make sure you tap the excess pigment off of your brush. Also, if you have some Fix+, perhaps you can spray your brush so the pigment can stick a bit better. Pigments are great! Good luck!
iagree.gif
I can't imagine using a pigment without a brush! I second all of Copperhead's advice, and will add that you might also find it helpful to pour a small amount of pigment into the lid before dipping your brush in. Makes it easier to not pick up too much product, since a little pigment goes a looooooonnnnnnnng way. Less messy too! HTH

sss215

2012 releases 1st quarter JAN 5 - Iris Apfel and Naturally FEB 9 - Vera (Neumann) and Shop3, Cook3 MAR 1 - ChenMan Love & Water and Marcel Wanders 2 and Too Supreme (Sheen Supreme Lipglass (LE) - Sheen Supreme Lipstick (Perm)) 2nd quarter APR 5 - So Reel / Reel Sexy and Très Cheek and In Extra Dimension MAY 3 - Fashion Sets (aka “Lips & Tips”) MAY 24 - Hey, Sailor JUNE 7 - Casual Colour for Cheeks & Lips and MAC X Beth Ditto JUNE 18 - Ruffian — on-line only
Thanks! This puts a few things in perspective for me. Where is all the buzz? The only thing that we know about coming out in Feb is Archie and Nicki Viva Glam 2 (which follows the original Nicki and Ricki from last year) Wow. Seems like we should have know about a few more collections by now. If it wasn't for SDCC, we would have barely heard any official info on Archie's girls.

Aquamarine1543

Does anybody who isn't a big fan of pearlmatte powder?
They look pretty, but I'm still thinking whether I'll buy them because I wasn't be satisfied with the pearlmatte from Vera.
The texture of the Vera's pearlmatte was little slippery(!) or sth. It's hard to describe how it was, but I didn't like the texture in anyway.
noworry.gif

erine1881

Does anybody who isn't a big fan of pearlmatte powder? They look pretty, but I'm still thinking whether I'll buy them because I wasn't be satisfied with the pearlmatte from Vera. The texture of the Vera's pearlmatte was little slippery(!) or sth. It's hard to describe how it was, but I didn't like the texture in anyway. :meh:   
I'm not a fan. Totally skipping!

liba

Does anybody who isn't a big fan of pearlmatte powder?
They look pretty, but I'm still thinking whether I'll buy them because I wasn't be satisfied with the pearlmatte from Vera.
The texture of the Vera's pearlmatte was little slippery(!) or sth. It's hard to describe how it was, but I didn't like the texture in anyway.
noworry.gif
I'm not a fan of them either - they always looked too powdery on my peach fuzz cheeks. I'll check out the new ones, but I don't think I'll be interested, at this point.

BuickMackane

I'm definitely getting the purple and magenta lippies, knowing full well I have similar stuff already.

The Betty blush is also a definite buy (no such thing as too many neutral blushes!) but I'm on the fence about the Veronica one. I'm wondering how similar it is to Passionately Tempted. I like PT a lot but I don't think I need another dark blush along the same lines.

Mac-Guy

There is no doubt in my mind that all the purple products from Veronica will get the majority of attention in this collection.