MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

OctoberViolet

ohboy.gif
angry.gif

It's a skip for me!

KMQE716

I back up from lustre. I think it may be a creamsheen? It is pigmented but it reminds me of yung rapunxel now that I'm looking at it. Idk y'all I'm on the fence and also sorta annoyed bc the pictures we have seen I think are not true to color at all

OctoberViolet

girlhaha.gif
I can agree somewhat. I do find lustres very drying on my lips. I prefer other finishes. If this is a cremesheen I will be okay with it, but I would have preferred satin, matte or amplified finishes. I also would have preferred the lippie darker since it appears to be a nice deep darkish purple shade. Oh MAC! What are you doing to us????
blah.gif

I'm done with lustres. Lustres are
banned2.gif
from my collection from now on
!

Lipstickdiva420

I back up from lustre. I think it may be a creamsheen? It is pigmented but it reminds me of yung rapunxel now that I'm looking at it. Idk y'all I'm on the fence and also sorta annoyed bc the pictures we have seen I think are not true to color at all
Yes it looks like yung rapunxel alot. I think I will be skipping this lippie.

Naughtyp

Try any eye brush that is dense (tightly packed, or not fluffy).  I also use the suggested 242, but if you don't have it, I've heard of people using the 239 as well.  You just need a brush that is going to hold on to the pigment.  I find that it tends to fall all over the place if you use too fluffy a brush, lol.  But take a look at whatever eye brushes you have and see if you can make one of those work!  Have fun!!  :heart: Generally speaking, I agree 100%...at the closest store to me though, people are not so daring.  Last I saw, SW and FF were the only lippies left from the Strength collection!  Although now that I think about it, SI sold out before NI from Taste Temptations...so I wonder how things are going to play out with AG?  Should be interesting!
thanks you dear ;) I used my one brush from sephora. it's the domes shadow brush I got it to use the metal x shadows I got last year. ur right , it worked really well , I wish I had another color to try I only have a green one. I only tried the pigment on with no other makeup. today in going to do all my makeup n see how I like it. Thanks everyone for all the great tips! I am getting sorta interested In the Veronica pigments now I love purple and teal both so much lol. I am antsy for the official Info!!! and pics! I am going to a pre release party. it starts at 7 and my appointment time is 7:30. I hope I get my lippies!! I was gonna wait on the quad and get it on launch day at Macy's or Nordstroms. but mac guy ur comment makes me think I should get the quad at the party... shit lol

Naughtyp

I don't really like the look of boyfriend stealer in these swatches. it seems like a blackish purple and not what I was thinking :( I love the name too lol. at one point in my life that's what I was..... a boyfriend stealer! hoochie!! lol but those days are far behind me, but I'm thinking of getting the lipstick even tho I don't think I'll wear it if its that dark. is that dumb? lol

OctoberViolet

rofl.gif
Too freaking funny!!!!!! Is it wrong that I kinda like the fact that it might make me look a little like the crypt keeper?
th_crazy2.gif
I love unusual shades of lipstick. I had hoped it was much darker like in the face chart we saw. That was purple...boom...in your face and what I had really wanted.
ohboy.gif

Right I was thinking boyfriend stealer was like BOOM all in your face! Not like tales of the crypt lol