MAC x Archie's Girls (Betty & Veronica) Collection Discussion (February 2013)

KMQE716

If the swatch photo is at all close to the actual color of Boyfriend Stealer, it is far less red than Yung Rapunxel, and looks a bit greyed. On the other hand, if the color actually looks on the lips like the photo of the lipstick in the tube, then i agree, it appears close to YR. But if it is sheer, it'll be different. I'm for it either way, of course.

The swatch photo reminds me a bit of Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss No. 15 which is greyer than BS, i think, and shimmery. It's an unusual color. I had seen it in photos, but the Rimmel US website only lists five colors: 1, 4, 8 12, 14.
http://www.rimmellondon.com/us/en/products/lasting-finish-kate-moss/
So I first bought No. 04, because on the Rimmel website the swatch looks grey-mauve. But it isn't, it's a deep dark plum-purple, and very close to YR in color.

This link to the Canadian section lists all 15 colors:
http://www.rimmellondon.com/ca/en/products/kate-moss-lasting-finish-lipstick/
Be warned the swatch colors are waaaay off.

I guess i lucked out finding #15 in the US.
The swatch photo is actual lol i took the photo.

I showed it to some other pals and they agreed that it looks very similar to Kate Rimmel #4 tho i have no idea what that looks like.

I can take some more pics if you all would like!

KMQE716

C'mon folks, we don't know what Boyfriend Stealer really looks like. Most of those Insta-Crap photos are way off true color. I'm not making up my mind until either i see good swatches or i see it in person.

I really want it to look like the color in the Face Chart. But i actually don't care if i end up looking like a member of the Crypt Kicker Five.
That's MY HAND!
and those pics are not filtered..and i took them on my iPhone...

liba

The swatch photo is actual lol i took the photo.

I showed it to some other pals and they agreed that it looks very similar to Kate Rimmel #4 tho i have no idea what that looks like.

I can take some more pics if you all would like!
So, it was pretty sheer then, huh?

Do you recall what the finish was?

Considering this is purple we're talking about, any dish is deeply appreciated!
bouquet.gif
pompom.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
That's MY HAND!
and those pics are not filtered..and i took them on my iPhone...
So far, most of the photos we've seen (aside from your photos) were filtered (which sucks), so the wow-in-your-face purple (like the face chart) is probably not true to color.

KMQE716

So, it was pretty sheer then, huh?

Do you recall what the finish was?

Considering this is purple we're talking about, any dish is deeply appreciated!
bouquet.gif
pompom.gif
It doesn't say at the bottom, just says "sample". I just took some photos with my big camera so maybe you all can see the color better. it's def. dark, like eggplant.

Sheer on a scale to 1-10 maybe like a 3-4. that's why i said maybe not a lustre but a creamsheen? or whatever would be in btwn lustre and creamsheen that's what this is

KMQE716

So far, most of the photos we've seen (aside from your photos) were filtered (which sucks), so the wow-in-your-face purple (like the face chart) is probably not true to color.
yeah which is why i was excited but then when i opened it i was like "What is this???"

i mean it aint THAT bad but....i just am over the dark lip right now bc of course spring is coming up. So i just really have no use for it. if i didn't have this now i would of never picked it up at the counter.

KMQE716

Boyfriend Stealer swatched once on the top

Boyfriend stealer swatched twice on the bottom

again the texture feels soft, it's a good amount of shine, hence why i said maybe not a lustre but a creamsheen. i don't own a lot of those but i know it's not any of the other ones i usually buy lol

Baby1black

This reminds me of Marilyn. Which means it'll be a huge fight to get the stuff we want. I hope there's more stock tho.
If this is anything like Marilyn ,mac will sure save me money. I did not buy a single thing from Marilyn because it was up online at 3am and sold out at my mac store within half an hour. Do I regret it not really,cause mac always comes with red lippie. There has been at least one in every collection.

Baby1black

Boyfriend Stealer swatched once on the top Boyfriend stealer swatched twice on the bottom again the texture feels soft, it's a good amount of shine, hence why i said maybe not a lustre but a creamsheen. i don't own a lot of those but i know it's not any of the other ones i usually buy lol
Loving it.how do I get a BU

katelyn0

Boyfriend Stealer swatched once on the top

Boyfriend stealer swatched twice on the bottom

again the texture feels soft, it's a good amount of shine, hence why i said maybe not a lustre but a creamsheen. i don't own a lot of those but i know it's not any of the other ones i usually buy lol
I think i'm in the minority here...Going to definitely pick up boyfriend stealer. I'm very fair so even the sheerness of the 1x swatch will probably show up nicely on my lips. And then swatch 2x for night time. :)

Baby1black

Boyfriend Stealer swatched once on the top Boyfriend stealer swatched twice on the bottom again the texture feels soft, it's a good amount of shine, hence why i said maybe not a lustre but a creamsheen. i don't own a lot of those but i know it's not any of the other ones i usually buy lol
Do u know if u have anything that is close to it from mac?

Latest posts