MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

Prettypackages

Aw, break my heart. I had mine shipped to my grandma's house and just picked it up today.
eyelove.gif
All the ladies in the house tried it on and it looked sooo good with my grandma's hair and coloring. She said I should let her have it since she looked the best in it. I was like, sorry grandma, I know I exist because of you and all, but this is LJ! I just checked eBay to see if I could pick one up for her and saw that there was a vendor with 10 available. 10! $40 a pop. That is so infuriating.
aww jeez, that would've been a hard choice for me. I think my Grandma would have won.

jravae

aww jeez, that would've been a hard choice for me. I think my Grandma would have won.
I know, that was tough. You're much sweeter than I am, haha. I'm gonna get her Up the Amp instead because she's starting to like purples and it'll be more comfortable for her than the matte formula. :)

DMcG9

I know, that was tough. You're much sweeter than I am, haha. I'm gonna get her Up the Amp instead because she's starting to like purples and it'll be more comfortable for her than the matte formula. :)
Good call on the formula. UtA's amplified formula will probably be more forgiving on older lips too.

mango13

Ooh, Romantico is my HG for a simple eye look! i fear I will hit the pan soon.
cry.gif
I would have bought that palette if I was following MAC LE when it came. The CCO had it for $31, which I think is a bit much for a CCO and considering the product is two years old now.

Shars

I would have bought that palette if I was following MAC LE when it came. The CCO had it for $31, which I think is a bit much for a CCO and considering the product is two years old now.
Actually, that's about right for the CCO price. Quads are regularly $44 so $31 is 30% off which is the CCO discount across the brands.

mango13

Actually, that's about right for the CCO price. Quads are regularly $44 so $31 is 30% off which is the CCO discount across the brands.
Really? I didn't know that. I thought the discount was more, especially on older items. It was my first time at a CCO.

Shars

Really? I didn't know that. I thought the discount was more, especially on older items. It was my first time at a CCO.
Yeah 30% off. Considering that MAC never has sales, it's a good discount lol. I tend to get lipsticks from the permanent line from there when they have them. You can stock up on either perm items like wipes, fix +, concealer, foundation, MSFNs depending on what your particular CCO has in stock. No difference in discount between older items, recent LE items or permanent items.

mango13

Yeah 30% off. Considering that MAC never has sales, it's a good discount lol. I tend to get lipsticks from the permanent line from there when they have them. You can stock up on either perm items like wipes, fix +, concealer, foundation, MSFNs depending on what your particular CCO has in stock. No difference in discount between older items, recent LE items or permanent items.
The CCO I went to didn't have that many MAC items, lots of BB, Clinique, EL though. If I go there again I'll definitely check for wipes. Thank for the info!

mango13

So last night I saw Summer Opal appear on Bloomingdale's and was shown as in stock, but by the time I went to order it was out of stock, however this morning I saw it again and ordered it. I wonder if the order will be cancelled or whether I'm again going to be sent a returned one(probably a used one like last time). Anyone else see it? I can only see the item on my phone, but not laptop. It's now showing as out of stock.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
So last night I saw Summer Opal appear on Bloomingdale's and was shown as in stock, but by the time I went to order it was out of stock, however this morning I saw it again and ordered it. I wonder if the order will be cancelled or whether I'm again going to be sent a returned one(probably a used one like last time). Anyone else see it? I can only see the item on my phone, but not laptop. It's now showing as out of stock.
That is weird. I hope you get a 'fresh' one!

mango13

That is weird. I hope you get a 'fresh' one!
I hope so too. I really don't want to get another used item from Bloomingdale's, it's just gross. I just checked my order is processing... so I guess we'll see by the end of next week probably. Since the shipping takes forever from them.

montREALady

Yeah so your post was over an hour ago and I just checked the Bloomies site and it's not showing up. Only the eye shadow palette as usual.

mango13

Yeah so your post was over an hour ago and I just checked the Bloomies site and it's not showing up. Only the eye shadow palette as usual.
Are you on your phone or pc? It's really weird. When on my laptop I search for BBW I get the shadow palette then I click on "Shop This Look" and then just see the palette, however when I do the same on my phone I see SO and even though it says it's NOT AVAILABLE now, it did the same thing last night, but this morning it let me add it to my cart on my phone, then I logged into my account on my pc and then I ordered it. Can you please check if it shows up on your phone?

montREALady

Are you on your phone or pc? It's really weird. When on my laptop I search for BBW I get the shadow palette then I click on "Shop This Look" and then just see the palette, however when I do the same on my phone I see SO and even though it says it's NOT AVAILABLE now, it did the same thing last night, but this morning it let me add it to my cart on my phone, then I logged into my account on my pc and then I ordered it. Can you please check if it shows up on your phone?
Was on my pc. Just tried on my phone and still nothing, even did "Shop This Look"...