MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

yesyesyumyum

Yeah, I was worried it would get cancelled so I ordered three... You have three too? How many total lipsticks did you get from this collection? I love LJ though... I'm glad 'cos three is a lot. On Friday I wore it alone and yesterday I wore it with Seducing Sound on top and loved it. The color is so unique. So it's definitely worth it to have three, for the color it is it's very wearable in my opinion and had no problem with it lasting through lunch and tea! So I currently have those three plus Romantic Breakdown... I highly doubt I'll be able to get any of the other ones. I just hate the fact that the packaging from the first batch was better.
yup, i have 3! I have 4 total lipsticks from this collection, I have a FS a Nordie's sent me for free because like 8 people at the counter swore up and down to me that they could do pre-sales, and when I called in the day of the launch to confirm everything was okay, of course all the LJ's were sold out. The manager answered and because I'd also "ordered" FS, she sent me one for free, which was nice. I see what you're saying about the packaging being different, but as long as the lipstick color is right, right?
cheerleader.gif

mango13

yup, i have 3! I have 4 total lipsticks from this collection, I have a FS a Nordie's sent me for free because like 8 people at the counter swore up and down to me that they could do pre-sales, and when I called in the day of the launch to confirm everything was okay, of course all the LJ's were sold out. The manager answered and because I'd also "ordered" FS, she sent me one for free, which was nice. I see what you're saying about the packaging being different, but as long as the lipstick color is right, right?
cheerleader.gif
Wow, that's really nice of Nordies! Yeah, the lipsticks are the right color...but I'm a bit OCD and considering the hoops I had to jump through for those lipsticks I would at least expect them to have the same packaging...agh What's the batch code on your FS? I so badly want one. While checking on instagram I noticed LJ has three batches codes AA4, A94 and A15. Have you ever had this experience if any other exclusive collections? Is there any hope now for any of the other ones being restocked? Is this now time to move on? lol

yesyesyumyum

Wow, that's really nice of Nordies! Yeah, the lipsticks are the right color...but I'm a bit OCD and considering the hoops I had to jump through for those lipsticks I would at least expect them to have the same packaging...agh What's the batch code on your FS? I so badly want one. While checking on instagram I noticed LJ has three batches codes AA4, A94 and A15. Have you ever had this experience if any other exclusive collections? Is there any hope now for any of the other ones being restocked? Is this now time to move on? lol
Yeah I hear ya! The batch code for my FS is AA4. This is the first collection of stuff I really wanted that I missed out on the first night so I really don't know, but the restocks seem pretty unusual to me. Are you still checking everywhere??

mango13

Yeah I hear ya! The batch code for my FS is AA4. This is the first collection of stuff I really wanted that I missed out on the first night so I really don't know, but the restocks seem pretty unusual to me. Are you still checking everywhere??
Same for me, I have never missed out on a collection since I've been following MAC. I still check, but less regularly. I feel like before this past week Bloomingdale's at least had LJ backorders pop up every so often, but since they've shipped there has been nothing and I didn't even notice any ghost restocks at Macy's and no one else has anything besides the eyeshadow palette and MAC online also has the brown polish that they can't seem to sell out of and that's it. I feel like the fact that nothing popped up means there done and will just have the eye palette, but IDK. I thought when the LJs shipped more stock would pop up...but so far nothing.

yesyesyumyum

Same for me, I have never missed out on a collection since I've been following MAC. I still check, but less regularly. I feel like before this past week Bloomingdale's at least had LJ backorders pop up every so often, but since they've shipped there has been nothing and I didn't even notice any ghost restocks at Macy's and no one else has anything besides the eyeshadow palette and MAC online also has the brown polish that they can't seem to sell out of and that's it. I feel like the fact that nothing popped up means there done and will just have the eye palette, but IDK. I thought when the LJs shipped more stock would pop up...but so far nothing.
Yeah, I seriously don't understand where they got these random extra LJ's! But I feel so so lucky for catching what seems like the last ones!

mango13

Yeah, I seriously don't understand where they got these random extra LJ's! But I feel so so lucky for catching what seems like the last ones!
I feel lucky too, I just wish I knew whether this is all I'm getting from this collection or if by some lucky chance I'll catch something else.

yesyesyumyum

I feel lucky too, I just wish I knew whether this is all I'm getting from this collection or if by some lucky chance I'll catch something else.
The not knowing must be killing you. Maybe just set a deadline in your head and if there's no restocks by then just move on? I'm sure there will be similar/maybe even better colors coming soon!

mango13

The not knowing must be killing you. Maybe just set a deadline in your head and if there's no restocks by then just move on? I'm sure there will be similar/maybe even better colors coming soon!
Yeah, I'm pretty much moving on to Tom Ford Soleil and Wash and Dry. If I see something from this collection I will definitely buy it, but I think the restocks are pretty much done. Maybe they'll find some more stock three months from now.
lol.gif

montREALady

Anyone notice LJ is not even listed on the MAC website anymore? Only BK and RB (both still sold out). It's like LJ never existed!
http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/14272/34643/New-Collections/MAC-Bao-Bao-Wan/Lips/Bao-Bao-Wan-Lipstick/index.tmpl

jravae

Anyone notice LJ is not even listed on the MAC website anymore? Only BK and RB (both still sold out). It's like LJ never existed! http://www.maccosmetics.com/product...-Bao-Wan/Lips/Bao-Bao-Wan-Lipstick/index.tmpl
Aw, break my heart. I had mine shipped to my grandma's house and just picked it up today. :eyelove: All the ladies in the house tried it on and it looked sooo good with my grandma's hair and coloring. She said I should let her have it since she looked the best in it. I was like, sorry grandma, I know I exist because of you and all, but this is LJ! I just checked eBay to see if I could pick one up for her and saw that there was a vendor with 10 available. 10! $40 a pop. That is so infuriating.

Howards End

Yeah, I was worried it would get cancelled so I ordered three... You have three too? How many total lipsticks did you get from this collection? I love LJ though... I'm glad 'cos three is a lot. On Friday I wore it alone and yesterday I wore it with Seducing Sound on top and loved it. The color is so unique. So it's definitely worth it to have three, for the color it is it's very wearable in my opinion and had no problem with it lasting through lunch and tea! So I currently have those three plus Romantic Breakdown... I highly doubt I'll be able to get any of the other ones. I just hate the fact that the packaging from the first batch was better.
The packaging was different? Just curious, in what way And congrats on those who finally got their LJs; I'm just relieved MLM will be perm lol