MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

LiliV

Well, if you know that a collection will be sold for 24 hours you still don't know how much of the collection has been sold. Everybody in the world could have bought a lipstick plus 3 bu's. It still doesn't have this exclusive feel. Maybe mac could give us more insight in how "exclusive" a collection is to just say that they will sell a number of items and just print numbers on the packaging. Knowing mac they will number the first lipstick 10 and then go up so that everybody wil buy even quicker when a collection launches. Addicts will do anything so that they can own the covetet single number on a lipstick. :haha: Then again: I wear clothing that is numbered and my boyfriend wears shoes that will be sold in 2 pairs per size. I am a sucker for anything limited. If mac tells me a collection will be permanent, I will always spend my cash on a limited collection. Everything to prevent fear of missing out. Thing is, I will never ever (aside form VG1) buy from a permanent collection because there are so much limited collections coming out. Offcourse I buy permanent collections from other brands but the whole limited thing is what got me sucked into mac. It's a gimmick and it works.
Im the same way with Mac, I only buy from LE collections since I feel like they reserve all the best colors for those. I got some of the new matte lipsticks bc they're new, but from the permanent range I only own a handful of lipstick shades, and nothing else. I don't think I have any permanent Mac blushes. Most of the lipsticks I have that are permanent were LE and then became permanent, the only 2 I ever bought from the perm line are Vegas Volt and Chatterbox. There's just too much with limited collections for me to keep up w permanent things lol

Shars

Three are avail in the clearance bin for $40 PLUS shipping. And that is a piece not together. Lol.
I saw someone on IG selling hers for $32 including shipping, which I thought was rather reasonable but I didn't get them. Dunno if she still has left though.

DarylandCarole

Fair point. Well made BUT why can't the collection stay around for at least a full 24 HOURS. Is that too much to ask???
Well, if you know that a collection will be sold for 24 hours you still don't know how much of the collection has been sold. Everybody in the world could have bought a lipstick plus 3 bu's. It still doesn't have this exclusive feel. Maybe mac could give us more insight in how "exclusive" a collection is to just say that they will sell a number of items and just print numbers on the packaging. Knowing mac they will number the first lipstick 10 and then go up so that everybody wil buy even quicker when a collection launches. Addicts will do anything so that they can own the covetet single number on a lipstick. :haha: Then again: I wear clothing that is numbered and my boyfriend wears shoes that will be sold in 2 pairs per size. I am a sucker for anything limited. If mac tells me a collection will be permanent, I will always spend my cash on a limited collection. Everything to prevent fear of missing out. Thing is, I will never ever (aside form VG1) buy from a permanent collection because there are so much limited collections coming out. Offcourse I buy permanent collections from other brands but the whole limited thing is what got me sucked into mac. It's a gimmick and it works.
I agree about the exclusivity being a big part of MAC. They've never sold at Sephora, they rarely advertise. Although I do miss the days when not as many people were into it so I could randomly go to a MAC Store and usually still get a Lippie from a LE collection. That was before social media, tho. Personally I have A LOT of their perm items, always have. I buy LE if I like it, and the packaging draws me in, too. I could kick myself for not buying more LE things back in the day. I remember Lure, Moonbathe, Manish... I never thought of collecting make-up back then. I'd buy 1 thing from each collection and use it up.

HappyHippy

I agree about the exclusivity being a big part of MAC. They've never sold at Sephora, they rarely advertise. Although I do miss the days when not as many people were into it so I could randomly go to a MAC Store and usually still get a Lippie from a LE collection. That was before social media, tho. Personally I have A LOT of their perm items, always have. I buy LE if I like it, and the packaging draws me in, too. I could kick myself for not buying more LE things back in the day. I remember Lure, Moonbathe, Manish... I never thought of collecting make-up back then. I'd buy 1 thing from each collection and use it up.
I'm an all or nothing kinda gal. If I love a collection I will buy as much as I can. I don't see myself as a collector so I only buy the colours I know I will wear. The colours of moonbathe, the packaging of Lure and Manish are amazing. I love Heatherette and it still sucks that I let that collection slip because I thought the pink was overpowering. My biggest regret is the Gareth Pugh collection. I love, love, love that guy and everything he makes but that collection was unwearable as could be. I don't like purple and the rest was too light to wear.

Vandekamp

I saw someone on IG selling hers for $32 including shipping, which I thought was rather reasonable but I didn't get them. Dunno if she still has left though.
I believe in karma. What goes around comes around. One day that person is gonna want something that they were not able to get and I hope someone doesn't try to take advantage of them.

mango13

Exactly I see so many people complain about ebay and than they do the same.
I agree! Everyone complains about ebay... but it's pointless to complain when you do the same... so yeah. The only reason people are asking for less ridiculous amounts on BBW items is probably because ebay is flooded with them and the people that were really desperate to get the items already paid the ridiculous prices to begin with and now they are left with people that want the items but aren't willing to pay sooo much above retail.

MakeupAddict22

I agree! Everyone complains about ebay... but it's pointless to complain when you do the same... so yeah. The only reason people are asking for less ridiculous amounts on BBW items is probably because ebay is flooded with them and the people that were really desperate to get the items already paid the ridiculous prices to begin with and now they are left with people that want the items but aren't willing to pay sooo much above retail. 
Yea it's such a waste of product! :( If anyone has a spare you know where to find me

DarylandCarole

I'm an all or nothing kinda gal. If I love a collection I will buy as much as I can. I don't see myself as a collector so I only buy the colours I know I will wear. The colours of moonbathe, the packaging of Lure and Manish are amazing. I love Heatherette and it still sucks that I let that collection slip because I thought the pink was overpowering. My biggest regret is the Gareth Pugh collection. I love, love, love that guy and everything he makes but that collection was unwearable as could be. I don't like purple and the rest was too light to wear.
I was the same for Heatherette! I thought it was too pink and girly for me. My biggest regrets are Lure and Manish. From Lure I just bought the Sex Ray gloss and I still have it (mostly used up, tho). I remember the promo card for Manish and it didn't appeal to me with those fingers. If I had seen the packaging I would have LOVED that. It's so beautiful. I don't remember much about Moonbathe. I only bought Firespot from that. Money has always kept me from buying too much, unfortunately. I think I remember Gareth Pugh, not sure since I didn't buy from it. I ignored all things make up for a few years when I was especially broke.

MakeupAli

Oh, so do I! But it's the most reasonable I've seen so far. I don't want it that badly... that's the price of a NARS Audacious lippy or a D&G one!!

Well, I had the same reasoning. And I actually returned a GA lippie I had second thoughts on, and got LJ on evilbay -- same price as an audacious. From pics, I was not sure it would look good on me. But I tried St Germain and I figured if I could wear that I could wear LJ. And it is a special color. I got the new lavender from the MAC Matte collex too. And while it's nice, it's not LJ. Hope they reissue it.

Latest posts