MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

MadTheologian

I ordered Dear Diary a few minutes ago, and I do own Quick Sizzle. Thank you for the swatches, Richelle! Was thinking of Booyah, but figured I should try it out in person at Macy's next week before making a decision. Got word via T that Booyah is very similar to Morange and Neon Orange, only slightly darker.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Audrey C
Their nail polish is nowhere near the quality required to command that kind of price. I vastly prefer OPI and it's at most $10 (and frequently available on sale). $45 for Powder to the People. Are they on crack?

Yeah, even the US prices are high. And MAC's nail polish is just not that great - tends to need so many coats and doesn't hold up well. Unless there's something amazing about the color or finish, there's definitely better quality and similar colors to be had for less money.

gracie90

For some reason the UK MAC nail polish prices are a lot lower compared to the US ones than most things! They're £9 here

Also PTTP is the regular MSF/large face powder price of £21.50. Wierd!

aradhana

For some reason the UK MAC nail polish prices are a lot lower compared to the US ones than most things! They're £9 here

Also PTTP is the regular MSF/large face powder price of £21.50. Wierd!
i noticed that too when i lived in the uk...so before i moved back to canada, i bought all the nail polishes i wanted!

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana
i noticed that too when i lived in the uk...so before i moved back to canada, i bought all the nail polishes i wanted!

Ooh very savvy! We normally get everything at a much higher price compared to the US, such as £13.50 rather than $14.50 for a l/s. And when you consider the exchange rate is around 1.6, that's pretty awful :(

HoneyMilk

PTTP reminds me of corpse skin once it's swirled
blink.gif

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMilk
PTTP reminds me of corpse skin once it's swirled
blink.gif

It looks a lot like it. Very grey and bleh

aradhana

I forgot!

Here's a side my side of DD and CYY. Evening Stroll looks special with flash on!

Here is just DD
love it! it looks super cute!
(thank you for posting it!)
i actually just ordered it a few minutes ago based on my trust in your arm swatch and that you said something along the lines of preferring it to cyy on yourself...(referring back to our discussion in the other thread about cyy...)
your pic just reaffirmed my decision!
i'm assuming in the top pic DD is on the left? the reflectivity of the two lippies almost gives a left to right gradient effect....

Richelle83

love it! it looks super cute!
(thank you for posting it!)
i actually just ordered it a few minutes ago based on my trust in your arm swatch and that you said something along the lines of preferring it to cyy on yourself...(referring back to our discussion in the other thread about cyy...)
your pic just reaffirmed my decision!
i'm assuming in the top pic DD is on the left? the reflectivity of the two lippies almost gives a left to right gradient effect....
You're welcome! Yes DD in on the left. Now that you say it, I see the gradient effect! Hope you like it!

duckrodeo

Are we pretty sure that CYY is coming back in the By Request collection?
That's what I'm betting my bottom dollar on! I think CYY was in a sure-fire lead since the voting opened. If they don't include it, major WTF would happen! Lots of people want that lipstick!

singer82

Loving Allura's swatch of Dear Diary! I love the violet undertone it has. I like Love Long Distance too, but I have a couple colors already in that family. Plus it looks a lot like one of MAC's prem lippies. I cant remember what its called but I loved it.

Piarpreet

Well I mostly buy when they have a promo... So around $350? It sounds like a lot like but it was multiple purchases. Same with Hey Sailor.. I've spent $350 on Mac this month (oops) but it didn't seem so bad because it was a $70 purchase here, $165, $35, etc! To be fair, I did limit myself on ED and BD collections because I knew I would want a lot from Hey Sailor.
oh ok. im around that. but every month :(