MAC X Beth Ditto Discussion

Mac-Guy

There won't be new paint sticks. They are already available. Simply call your Pro store, though if you don't plan on doing body painting, you probably want to stick with the Chromagraphic pencils (same color but easier to work with on smaller areas).

OctoberViolet

I'm hiding my face in shame to ask such a question, but what exactly is a paint stick? Is it an eyeshadow or lipstick? I'm sure I have seen them before, but for some reason I just can't picture them or remember what they are.
th_confused_new.gif

There won't be new paint sticks. They are already available. Simply call your Pro store, though if you don't plan on doing body painting, you probably want to stick with the Chromagraphic pencils (same color but easier to work with on smaller areas).

Mac-Guy

No need to be ashamed. I don't think the regular consumer will have much use for it. Here is the official description: Highly pigmented, emollient colour stick. No grease or shine. Apply to skin directly or with a brush. May also be sheered down with a sponge.

It contains 7 g, so it's twice as much product as in a regular l/s. I use it for character face painting, as I prefer the stick form rather than the chroma cakes. They do come in 11 basic colors, which means you can (or have to) create your own custom match (i.e. you need at least several p/s).

It is a very good product for theatrical purposes, but I don't see regular consumer use it unless its for Halloween.

OctoberViolet

Thank you!!!! Mac-Guy!!!!
flower.gif

No need to be ashamed. I don't think the regular consumer will have much use for it. Here is the official description: Highly pigmented, emollient colour stick. No grease or shine. Apply to skin directly or with a brush. May also be sheered down with a sponge.
It contains 7 g, so it's twice as much product as in a regular l/s. I use it for character face painting, as I prefer the stick form rather than the chroma cakes. They do come in 11 basic colors, which means you can (or have to) create your own custom match (i.e. you need at least several p/s).

It is a very good product for theatrical purposes, but I don't see regular consumer use it unless its for Halloween.

Mac-Guy

If you stop by a Pro store, check out the Rich Purple p/s (that's probably the only one you will like, though personally, I find them too dry on the lips).

DILLIGAF

I love the fact that MAC likes to collaborate with some of the most amazing women in the artistic fields. I had a basic knowledge of Beth Ditto as a BBW icon but I never had the occasion to listen to her music. I'm glad I took the time to find great new music to add to my collection.

princess sarah

I dont have access to a Pro Store in my city :(

I can only order these from my overseas friend so I am really excited if these appear in this collection, I saw these at Mac Pro in Melbourne when I went on a recent holiday and the MUA suggested these over Chromaline colours that I already have but didnt want to fork out $48 for each stick so passed for IA and eyeshadows

martiangurll

Halloween is everyday for some of us.
tease.gif

Babylard

I like the collaborations that MAC does. Hello Kitty was love for me! I'd like to see Tokidoki x MAC <3

CLO89

I like the collaborations that MAC does. Hello Kitty was love for me! I'd like to see Tokidoki x MAC <3
iagree.gif
I would love that! But I wonder if it would be possible since Tokidoki already has its own make up line? Off the top of my head I can't think of any collabs they have done with another make up line? I know Hello Kitty has a line now... probably because of how well it did with the MAC collab :)

Babylard

I have some tokidoki (brush sets, robbery palette). I ended up returning the 24k palette because it was so sheer and crappy >_<
I imagine the products would be better if they did it with MAC?... lol.. maybe..?.. :<

iagree.gif
I would love that! But I wonder if it would be possible since Tokidoki already has its own make up line? Off the top of my head I can't think of any collabs they have done with another make up line? I know Hello Kitty has a line now... probably because of how well it did with the MAC collab :)