MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012)

Mac-Guy

i think im gonna pass.....i know it doesnt sound like me but got similar things. i might do the nude lippie if its still in stock next time i wanna buy something
Check the compacts out in person. I think you might like at least one of them, if not both.

Corally

Do you live near the border? It's great that you'll be able to get things! What's on your list? Not sure if I'll buy something, but there are three items on my maybe list: - Tropical Mist (probably too light for me tho) - Desert Camouflage (the eyeshadows have to wow me because I really dislike cream blushes) - Feline (question for the Dutchies/Belgians.. isn't Feline permanent? Beautyscene says it's LE but I thought it was added to the permanent line a while ago?) I'm also interested in the Full Lash Curler but it's probably the same thing as the regular one, except this one's black.. Edit: I can only find Feline on the MAC website, not on Douglas or Bijenkorf so I guess it's LE. Don't know if I should get it tho, I love my MUFE aqua eyes pencils and I dont know if kohl power pencils are just as good (never tried them before).
It should be permanent. I checked the update book with the MUAs in eindhoven when Fall Colour came out and the update book said it would be permanent after that collection. I also think I saw it in eindhoven last time I was there. I might go to the counter today and then I can check it. Otherwise if I don't forget I'll check if it's still there when I'm buying my Styleseeker goodies. Maybe it's just available in store and not online. It's sold out right now at maccosmetics.nl.
Thanks! Do you own kohl power pencils? I've never tried them and because I love my MUFE aqua eyes pencils I'm afraid I'll get disappointed with the staying power..

Pinkdollface

Thanks! Do you own kohl power pencils? I've never tried them and because I love my MUFE aqua eyes pencils I'm afraid I'll get disappointed with the staying power..
I only have feline. If you want staying power this formula probably isn't the best choice. It's nice if you need a really black pencil and want to smudge it. You can use it for a smoked out liner look or as a base for a dark eye. How do the aqua eyes pencils preform? Are they smudgable and do they last long?

Liz2012

Edit: I can only find Feline on the MAC website, not on Douglas or Bijenkorf so I guess it's LE. Don't know if I should get it tho, I love my MUFE aqua eyes pencils and I dont know if kohl power pencils are just as good (never tried them before).
Yup, i live in Hasselt, so Maastricht is like a 40 min drive. Not really next door, but i love going there because Maastricht also has a Sephora, we don't have one in Belgium.
My intention was to skip this collection because of Marilyn Monroe/By Request, but i think i might check out the lippie and the Desert Full Face Kit, i guess that's it :)
And i also thought Feline is permanent, will check it in the store on saturday when i'm going to pick up my Styleseeker stuff.

Corally

Yup, i live in Hasselt, so Maastricht is like a 40 min drive. Not really next door, but i love going there because Maastricht also has a Sephora, we don't have one in Belgium. My intention was to skip this collection because of Marilyn Monroe/By Request, but i think i might check out the lippie and the Desert Full Face Kit, i guess that's it :) And i also thought Feline is permanent, will check it in the store on saturday when i'm going to pick up my Styleseeker stuff.
Thanks! I hope Styleseeker will be released online soon..
I only have feline. If you want staying power this formula probably isn't the best choice. It's nice if you need a really black pencil and want to smudge it. You can use it for a smoked out liner look or as a base for a dark eye. How do the aqua eyes pencils preform? Are they smudgable and do they last long?
Sounds great! I still want it but now for a different reason haha. MUFE's Aqua Eyes pencils are the mostlong lasting pencils I've come across. My eyes are quite watery so most pencils disappear really fast from my waterline and often I'll get racoon eyes lol, but these don't! They're great. I only have 2 atm (0L and 2L) but I'll definitely buy more of them! About the smudgeability.. I think you'll be able to smudge them but you've got to work fast because they set incredibly fast.

Pinkdollface

Sounds great! I still want it but now for a different reason haha. MUFE's Aqua Eyes pencils are the mostlong lasting pencils I've come across. My eyes are quite watery so most pencils disappear really fast from my waterline and often I'll get racoon eyes lol, but these don't! They're great. I only have 2 atm (0L and 2L) but I'll definitely buy more of them! About the smudgeability.. I think you'll be able to smudge them but you've got to work fast because they set incredibly fast.
I guess it's nice that I have Feline then when I need to smudge my liner. I hardly ever wear eyeliner on my waterline. I have tried the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils and even those don't last. I might try the MUFE aqua eyes pencils. Thanks for writing down your thoughts!

Corally

Thanks! I hope Styleseeker will be released online soon.. Sounds great! I still want it but now for a different reason haha. MUFE's Aqua Eyes pencils are the mostlong lasting pencils I've come across. My eyes are quite watery so most pencils disappear really fast from my waterline and often I'll get racoon eyes lol, but these don't! They're great. I only have 2 atm (0L and 2L) but I'll definitely buy more of them! About the smudgeability.. I think you'll be able to smudge them but you've got to work fast because they set incredibly fast.
I guess it's nice that I have Feline then when I need to smudge my liner. I hardly ever wear eyeliner on my waterline. I have tried the Urban Decay 24/7 pencils and even those don't last. I might try the MUFE aqua eyes pencils. Thanks for writing down your thoughts!
They're way better dan UD's 24/7 pencils! And your welcome!

Pinkdollface

They're way better dan UD's 24/7 pencils! And your welcome!
That sounds interesting. I don't have a lot of MUFE. I have a palette with 6 shadows, one Aqua Eyes Pencil (but it's a blue purple so it doesn't show up as well on the waterline as a black would), one Star Powder and the Matte Velvet+ foundation. I might do another order from a webshop located in belgium and other a black Aqua Eyes Pencil too.

Mac-Guy

Woot woot. My order already shipped.
flower.gif

mtrimier

i think i'll probably just get the desert compact for now. might consider the jungle compact later, but i'm not sure about the lipstick yet.

annemariemakeup

Does anyone else feel like these shades in the palettes are somewhat dupeable?? I'm just trying to find some justification to not order them! haha They would be so convenient for traveling because you have your basic nudes and a black if you wanted to add some drama to an otherwise simple look.

martiangurll

The UD liquid waterproof liners are more lasting for me than the pencils. THey don't budge. I don't do the water line because my eyes just can't take the punishment, but if I did, I would put money on those to last there. Feline smears like crazy on me, but it is perm. (should be anyway)

luvlydee

This is up on the regular site as well. Not sure if it was already mentioned.
thank you. i just ordered the lipstick. I dont think it will look good on me but i do like collecting lipsticks from mac collections that have special packaging lol. if it werent for that this would have been a complete skip

Genn

Im tempted t buy the eye lash curler but I never curl my lashes. I would probably hurt myself!