MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012)

kimibos

whatt the f******* !!!!!! i just ordered 2. and i want more. i havent used my nordstrom card in a while so im off to their site to order more TM!

im going to the store tomorrow! :)

liba

I'm not surprised that it sold out. It's one of those universally flattering nudes that is hard to find. Yes, it's a subtle lippie, but a lot of people prefer an everyday nude over a bright l/s (which is gorgeous too, but very different).

Anyway, I'm glad I got sufficient BU's.
I'm glad people are coming around to the concept! I'm hoping to finally check it out and make a purchase tomorrow in-store!!

Maybe we'll see more of the same idea in that moisturizing lipstick collection for s/s '13 OctoberViolet posted info about in the buzz thread. Either TM style or maybe Restrict style....I'll take either!

That name still keeps reminding me of Tropic Thunder, though :p

Mac-Guy

I'm glad people are coming around to the concept! I'm hoping to finally check it out and make a purchase tomorrow in-store!!

Maybe we'll see more of the same idea in that moisturizing lipstick collection for s/s '13 OctoberViolet posted info about in the buzz thread. Either TM style or maybe Restrict style....I'll take either!

That name still keeps reminding me of Tropic Thunder, though :p
Fashion-forward thinking.
2cents.gif

princess sarah

My eyes go blurry if I open them while I am cleansing my face, and I have noticed that my forehead is more oily than usual but that it was just my hormones.. hahaha! perhaps it was that

I still like it though because it gets off my makeup and I used Mac water charged moisterizer after that and it is so comforting... If I use a thin layer of that, the oil stays at bay
somehow it didnt work for me. It made my eyes greasy and then affected my eye sight. :(

mousygiggles

I am picking mine up in store today! I didn't want it to melt in our upper 90's temps. I am worried about YR making it here but I didn't want to chance something I can grab here.

Beauty911

I wore my Desert Camoflage face kit today and I am loving it. I have a slightly hooded eye, so I did a reverse smoky eye look. I placed Carbon along the lash base. The color next to carbon on the lid. The lightest of the 3 dark shades in the crease. carbon n outer v and run along bottom lash line. Lined with UD Perversion and blended with 239 brush. The highlight color along the brow bone. I wish MAC put the names of the colors on the quads, so I know what color I am using. They did this with the Styleseeker duos too. I hate that! But I did like how this turned out. This weekend I will play with the Jungle Camoflage quad. Hope everyone is enjoying using their new goodies.

Mac-Guy

I wore my Desert Camoflage face kit today and I am loving it. I have a slightly hooded eye, so I did a reverse smoky eye look. I placed Carbon along the lash base. The color next to carbon on the lid. The lightest of the 3 dark shades in the crease. carbon n outer v and run along bottom lash line. Lined with UD Perversion and blended with 239 brush. The highlight color along the brow bone. I wish MAC put the names of the colors on the quads, so I know what color I am using. They did this with the Styleseeker duos too. I hate that! But I did like how this turned out. This weekend I will play with the Jungle Camoflage quad. Hope everyone is enjoying using their new goodies.
Sounds lovely!

lilinah

I finally got home last night from a 4-1/2 day drive from Philly to Ithaca NY to Berkeley. I dropped by my MAC shop today and picked up Tropical Mist.

I tested it in the shop on my hand and arm and it was invisible, but i bought it anyway. I figured with MAC's good return policy if i hated it, i could take it back. Once i was in my car i put it on. And it is nearly the perfect nude!

My lips have fairly strong color, and are somehow both warm pink and cool pink at the same time. Most nudes pull too orange on me. TM just adds enough of a hint of nudity to be neutral. It's going in my basic purse makeup kit for sure! Glad i didn't pre-judge it.

luvlydee

I finally got home last night from a 4-1/2 drive from Philly to Ithaca NY to Berkeley. I dropped by my MAC shop today and picked up Tropical Mist.

I tested it in the shop on my hand and arm and it was invisible, but i bought it anyway. I figured with MAC's good return policy if i hated it, i could take it back. Once i was in my car i put it on. And it is nearly the perfect nude!

My lips have fairly strong color, and are somehow both warm pink and cool pink at the same time. Most nudes pull too orange on me. TM just adds enough of a hint of nudity to be neutral. It's going in my basic purse makeup kit for sure! Glad i didn't pre-judge it.
welcome to the fan club
girlhaha.gif

mousygiggles

I finally got home last night from a 4-1/2 drive from Philly to Ithaca NY to Berkeley. I dropped by my MAC shop today and picked up Tropical Mist.

I agree whole heartedly. I got it today and wore it all day! I had to reapply about 5 times but I like the nude color it tones my lips down to. It is great for those with pigmented lips to get a nude lip without the concealer lip look. More natural, soft, and just pretty.

GunpowderPixi

I bought the black eyelash curler from this collection,I tried it today,and I noticed it doesn't open very wide to fit my lashes,I compared to old Mac silver one and it's wider, anyone try their black curler yet? hopefully they're not all like that,maybe mine is a dud?

Mac-Guy

I agree whole heartedly. I got it today and wore it all day! I had to reapply about 5 times but I like the nude color it tones my lips down to. It is great for those with pigmented lips to get a nude lip without the concealer lip look. More natural, soft, and just pretty.
Now all we need is a restock.

Mac-Guy

You rock!
thmbup.gif