MAC X Ellie Goulding (Dec 14 / 17, 2015)

Stiff? Oh man I hope they're not like the Cinderella powders. Both had this 'film' or something like when you used a damp brush on a powder.... I actually really wanted the duo from this collection. More for the packaging though :)

I swatched these lipsticks in my MAC store. They are SHEER (so they can't be cremesheens like MAC said on the website, in my opinion/observation). :smokin:
Which is good if that's the kind of thing you are looking for. They're just not something I would get backups for. Glad I only got 1. :)

Realky? That's too bad. I had higher pigmentation hopes for these. Although I'm a sucker for LE packaging especially when they're engraved I think I'm going to have to pass...

elegant-one

I just got my powder duo & Without Your Love lipstick. I LOVE both!!!!!!!!

I just ordered another Without Your Love lipstick it's sooooo pretty on. Its a slightly warmer baby pink that is so wearable. They feel more like cremesheens to me & I find that they have plenty of pigmentation. They are not super sheer like lustres.

My duo applied very very well & is not stiff at all. Smooth & silky. The shades are really soft & pretty but they are also pigmented.

Last edited:

elegant-one

Very glad I popped in here before ordering the brushes!:rofl:

:doh: I wanted rose gold so bad. I wonder if they are all discolored or its just a batch thing?

Did you get Without Your Love ls?...I LOVE how sweet pink looking it is on. I got a BU I love how it makes my lips look sooooo much lol.

retrofox

I bought my Halcyon Nights palette to go along with my lipsticks last night and it's awesome!! The shadows are buttery smooth, with the exception of the Starry Eyed which came out a little clumpy when applied, but all in all an awesome palette for everyday use and travel. I love the packaging too, the pop of rose gold is beautiful! I'm getting my makeup done tomorrow, I may need that duo now :yess::yess:

elegant-one

I bought my Halcyon Nights palette to go along with my lipsticks last night and it's awesome!! The shadows are buttery smooth, with the exception of the Starry Eyed which came out a little clumpy when applied, but all in all an awesome palette for everyday use and travel. I love the packaging too, the pop of rose gold is beautiful! I'm getting my makeup done tomorrow, I may need that duo now :yess::yess:

Thanks for that! I think I need that palette too :D

xxbluemoonxx

Just went from skip,skipping, just Only You, just Only You and blush, just blush, blush and Only You......

and ending up getting both lipsticks and the blush duo.:oops:

Honi

So weird I'm the only one that has one with a stiff formula. Weird. Gonna get the top layer off and see if that helps.

Gabriella24

I would look out for the blush duo !! And lipsticks are already on my list. But who knows if it is sold out super fast here online or in-store :( thanks for the quick review:D

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Nay, Nay, Nay.....The lipsticks & blush duo would be soooo pretty on you :snooty::marchmellow::smack::hehe:

:flowers: Thank you, Elegant, but... no no, enabling won't work this time. :naughty: :tiptoe: :D I'll just be getting something from the Faerie Wispers collection, are you getting something from that one too? :)

elegant-one

:flowers: Thank you, Elegant, but... no no, enabling won't work this time. :naughty: :tiptoe: :D I'll just be getting something from the Faerie Wispers collection, are you getting something from that one too? :)

No arm twisting will work :rofl::doh: I'm not sure about the Faeries yet as I haven't looked at much yet.

Latest posts