MAC X Ellie Goulding (Dec 14 / 17, 2015)

Sweetyellow

I got the blush duo and gotta say that the bronzer side is nice but the blush side reminds me a lot of Hipness blush which is a disappointment for me. Thankful that the blush side is so small so I don't mind so much.

elegant-one

I swatched Hipness next to this blush & while they look similar in the pan, Hipness is much pinker & this one is peachier.

Yazmin

I'm so sad there's no pro discount on this... Really wanted the blush/bronzer duo, a lipstick and a plushglass...

From what I remember, the pro discount becomes available two weeks after it launches online. You may still have a chance if what you want is still in stock at that point.

hitchcockblonde

Here is a comparison of the EG 129 brush with the Tom Ford cheek brush and Mac 137. You can see it has a glossier handle and compared to the TF it is rosier. It's just so light it is kind of hard to tell.

image.jpg

Haven

I really like what I have ordered from this collection. Very everyday easy peasy products! Always need these types of products in my stash.

elegant-one

I just ordered the night es palette. Almost everything was sold out at my Nordies when I called & the MA told me that palette is really pretty so that forced me to buy it :call::icon_cheers:

leonah

I just ordered the night es palette. Almost everything was sold out at my Nordies when I called & the MA told me that palette is really pretty so that forced me to buy it :call::icon_cheers:

yay! better safe than sorry right? or else you would (probably) regret it. let us know how it is when you get it :eek:

elegant-one

yay! better safe than sorry right? or else you would (probably) regret it. let us know how it is when you get it :eek:

:rofl:Yep, that's the way we think around here lol. It kept gnawing at me so you're right...I would have been so disappointed :five: I will definitely post here when I get it.

Last edited:

laurennnxox

So weird I'm the only one that has one with a stiff formula. Weird. Gonna get the top layer off and see if that helps.

No, my bronzer portion is realllly stiff too. :( I'm wondering if I should do an exchange while I can. The blush is beautiful and super pigmented but nothing comes up on multiple brushes on the bronzer portion and it barely swatches with a finger.

lipstickaddict

No, my bronzer portion is realllly stiff too. :( I'm wondering if I should do an exchange while I can. The blush is beautiful and super pigmented but nothing comes up on multiple brushes on the bronzer portion and it barely swatches with a finger.

How bizarre! I would say exchange it if you can. My bronzer was super pigmented right from the get go, so it must be an issue with consistency. This was an issue with past duo's too ( such as the Pedro one). Sorry to hear that! :(

GreenEyedAllie

I bought my Halcyon Nights palette to go along with my lipsticks last night and it's awesome!! The shadows are buttery smooth, with the exception of the Starry Eyed which came out a little clumpy when applied, but all in all an awesome palette for everyday use and travel. I love the packaging too, the pop of rose gold is beautiful! I'm getting my makeup done tomorrow, I may need that duo now :yess::yess:

Use your finger for Starry Eyed. Both me and my MAC MUA had issues with brushes, but with my finger goes on/blends beautifully with little to no fall out.

SO glad I picked this up! I love it and have been wearing it everyday. It will definitely be a staple in my stash. I agree about the buttery texture. I also love the cream color base. I've been using it as a super subtle highlight on the tops of my cheekbones or along my brow for a sultry look.

mercede466

Use your finger for Starry Eyed. Both me and my MAC MUA had issues with brushes, but with my finger goes on/blends beautifully with little to no fall out.

SO glad I picked this up! I love it and have been wearing it everyday. It will definitely be a staple in my stash. I agree about the buttery texture. I also love the cream color base. I've been using it as a super subtle highlight on the tops of my cheekbones or along my brow for a sultry look.
Good to know!!! Thank u!!

elegant-one

How bizarre! I would say exchange it if you can. My bronzer was super pigmented right from the get go, so it must be an issue with consistency. This was an issue with past duo's too ( such as the Pedro one). Sorry to hear that! :(

Yes my bronzer side was smooth & pigmented too ;)

Thanks dear for posting that! Super excited about it now.

starletta8

This is one of those super sneaky collections. I nabbed the 217 and said I was done. Then I grabbed the 129 in-store.

Now I can't stop thinking about Only You and the blush duo. Normally I'd just buy, but I'm trying so hard to reign things in. Plus, I've been on a depotting kick so I can see the crazy amount of items I have.