MAC X Julia Petit Collection (March 18-19, 2015)

misfitted

Yes!! You see a lot of Hollywood/socialite types doing this and it makes me sad! They are 40 and trying hard to have the same body they did at 20 it comes at the expense of their face. It ain't worth it. As we get older, there is a reason why we "fill out". Just about all animals do this. If some one was used to being a 2 in their twenties then there is nothing wrong with going up to a 4-6 by the time you are in your 40s. ThatOverall you will look healthier in the long run.
What's crazy to me is that people feel like these sizes are "too big". Pshhhh I'm a good 10/12 and I'm completely fine with that. I was a size 2 in the 7th grade lol. No way in hell I want to be that small again as an adult.

Mizani

Amen, we fill out and develop WOMANLY bodies for a reason. There was a time when a curvy woman, a truly CURVY woman was celebrated. Now they try to consider curvy as anything above a 0-2. It is ridiculous. When I was a small kid, I couldn't wait to get boobs cause I associated boobs and a full figure with being a woman. Then as I got older I got too much boobs but that's a story for another day. LOL!

Point being, filling out (not to be mistaken with 'blowing up' or 'letting yourself go') is natural and what we are meant to do. Hence why Hollywood types who maintained a slender but not boney figure have looked the same for years! Lauren Graham is one of the top celebs I think of when I say this.

OctoberViolet

Amen, we fill out and develop WOMANLY bodies for a reason. There was a time when a curvy woman, a truly CURVY woman was celebrated. Now they try to consider curvy as anything above a 0-2. It is ridiculous. When I was a small kid, I couldn't wait to get boobs cause I associated boobs and a full figure with being a woman. Then as I got older I got too much boobs but that's a story for another day. LOL!

Point being, filling out (not to be mistaken with 'blowing up' or 'letting yourself go') is natural and what we are meant to do. Hence why Hollywood types who maintained a slender but not boney figure have looked the same for years! Lauren Graham is one of the top celebs I think of when I say this.
iagree.gif

I've been a size 8/10 for almost 20+ years now. I fluctuate depending on hormones, weather, my munchies, etc. I get really pissed off when I hear the media saying something about a plus size model who is my size like a 10!!!! When did plus size become a 10? I think all sizes are beautiful. You are meant to be a certain size and we should embrace and love ourselves and others instead of shaming. Hear that media and Hollyweird!

Mizani

Congrats on maintaining that figure for 20 years. I wish I did but for the first time in my life I am going to have to put myself on a real diet. OY!

But you are so right, we are not all meant to be the same size. It isn't an excuse, just a reality. For instance, some people might freak if they ever got above 130lbs. At my age and build, if I got down to 130 (a weight I haven't been since right out of high school) then you would be sticking an IV in my arm thinking I had a disease. LOL! For me, getting back down to the 150s would be great! I would be 'foxy.'
graucho.gif

iagree.gif

I've been a size 8/10 for almost 20+ years now. I fluctuate depending on hormones, weather, my munchies, etc. I get really pissed off when I hear the media saying something about a plus size model who is my size like a 10!!!! When did plus size become a 10? I think all sizes are beautiful. You are meant to be a certain size and we should embrace and love ourselves and others instead of shaming. Hear that media and Hollyweird!

misfitted

Congrats on maintaining that figure for 20 years. I wish I did but for the first time in my life I am going to have to put myself on a real diet. OY!

But you are so right, we are not all meant to be the same size. It isn't an excuse, just a reality. For instance, some people might freak if they ever got above 130lbs. At my age and build, if I got down to 130 (a weight I haven't been since right out of high school) then you would be sticking an IV in my arm thinking I had a disease. LOL! For me, getting back down to the 150s would be great! I would be 'foxy.'
graucho.gif
Pshhh. I don't like how I look anything below 160. I'm 165-170 and during my first trimester or pregnancy I dropped down to 150. Talk about saggy clothes and a flappy butt, I was mad as hell lol! I couldn't WAIT for that pregnancy thickness lol!

Mizani

Right! Back in the day curvy was the norm!

That is ridiculous to me. The fashion industry is nuts if a 10 is considered plus size... That also makes me feel bad for the REAL plus size ladies who can't find stylish clothing in a REAL plus size!

Pshhh. I don't like how I look anything below 160. I'm 165-170 and during my first trimester or pregnancy I dropped down to 150. Talk about saggy clothes and a flappy butt, I was mad as hell lol! I couldn't WAIT for that pregnancy thickness lol!
LOL @ flappy butt! Oh my! Did it deflate?
lmao.gif

But seriously, you know what I am talking about! Some of us sistas 'weigh' more but that meat looks good cause it is usually in the right areas. ;)

Mizani

Misfitted, you are probably my skin-twin. Are you about a NC-45? I'm a NC45/NW43/C6&7. It all just depends on the formula. LOL

breatheonbeat

I agree, she looks her age and 40 isn't old. I also wonder why women get super skinny as they get older, it makes their skin look stretched and they sometimes look gaunt.
i've been ~105lbs my whole teen-adult life. (i'm also 5'2", though- pretty short!) over the course of about 13ish years, it has redistributed. clothing fits differently as i have progressed through my 20's, and my limbs/face look different; if i compare my licenses, i can see it in my face, even though my weight hasnt changed. her weight might have remained the same and just redistributed further :)

Ninahita

i really like the promo picture :) can't wait to see how the collection will look like. the lipstick isnt really up my alley, but hopefully the other stuff will be :)

Shars

i've been ~105lbs my whole teen-adult life. (i'm also 5'2", though- pretty short!) over the course of about 13ish years, it has redistributed. clothing fits differently as i have progressed through my 20's, and my limbs/face look different; if i compare my licenses, i can see it in my face, even though my weight hasnt changed. her weight might have remained the same and just redistributed further :)
I agree with you! I'm also 5'2" and around the same weight. I've never gone past 110lbs and I only reached that because I was doing breakdance at the time and muscle mass is heavier. My mom is about 5'3/ 5'4 and she was like 105 when she was pregnant with both my sister and me. She's mid 50s now and has only just started to redistribute. Not sure what she weighs now but she's still petite. I think it's all genetics (granted my grandmother, her sisters and all my aunts and cousins are proper curvy lol - my mother has my granddad's genes lol). Julia might just be naturally slim and no aging or eating will change that.

misfitted

LOL @ flappy butt!  Oh my!  Did it deflate?  :lmao: But seriously, you know what I am talking about!  Some of us sistas 'weigh' more but that meat looks good cause it is usually in the right areas.  ;)
It was gone lol... baby just ate it all away. Came back though!
Misfitted, you are probably my skin-twin.  Are you about a NC-45?  I'm a NC45/NW43/C6&7.  It all just depends on the formula.  LOL
I'm pretty much an NW45 most of the time. I can get away with NC50 when I haven't been in the sun much, but u normally use that (concealer) for eyebrow sculpting without that ashy look.

DarylandCarole

Congrats on maintaining that figure for 20 years.  I wish I did but for the first time in my life I am going to have to put myself on a real diet.  OY!  But you are so right, we are not all meant to be the same size.  It isn't an excuse, just a reality.  For instance, some people might freak if they ever got above 130lbs.  At my age and build, if I got down to 130 (a weight I haven't been since right out of high school) then you would be sticking an IV in my arm thinking I had a disease.  LOL!  For me, getting back down to the 150s would be great!  I would be 'foxy.'  :naughty:
  :agree: [COLOR=6600FF]I've been a size 8/10 for almost 20+ years now. I fluctuate depending on hormones, weather, my munchies, etc. I get really pissed off when I hear the media saying something about a plus size model who is my size like a 10!!!! When did plus size become a 10? I think all sizes are beautiful. You are meant to be a certain size and we should embrace and love ourselves and others instead of shaming. Hear that media and Hollyweird![/COLOR]
This is a great discussion. If I was 130 I'd be like you- sickly! Even at 150 I'm pretty thin, since I'm 5'8". I Used to want that to be my weight, but now I'd be happy at a sz 12, and I could even deal with a 14. Once upon a time I hated being those sizes, I thought I was too big. I lived in Southern Cali then, too, which is a whole different place when it comes to body image. Here in my hometown a lot of women (not teens, but women over 30) are probably 12 or 14. The weather is so crappy here it's harder to exercise than Cali, and there aren't as many fresh fruits and veggies available. But there is a lot of "comfort" type food! I love that some people are becoming more accepting of variety in body sizes. Some, anyhow.

Shars

I love that some people are becoming more accepting of variety in body sizes. Some, anyhow.
I agree. Everybody will be different sizes and shapes and that is so okay! As long as you're more or less healthy and your weight isn't causing any health issues or as a result of really, really bad eating habits... do you! I would like to put on about 10lbs myself, but this metabolism I have is not cooperating! lol. I wanna be a lil more curvy too :(

Dolly Snow

I agree. Everybody will be different sizes and shapes and that is so okay! As long as you're more or less healthy and your weight isn't causing any health issues or as a result of really, really bad eating habits... do you! I would like to put on about 10lbs myself, but this metabolism I have is not cooperating! lol. I wanna be a lil more curvy too :(
No matter what EVERYONE is beautiful!
Everyone should feel good about themselves no matter the size, shape, weight.

Mizani

I'm pretty much an NW45 most of the time. I can get away with NC50 when I haven't been in the sun much, but u normally use that (concealer) for eyebrow sculpting without that ashy look.
LOL, that baby you were carrying was hungry!

I see about your skintone. In your avi you look close to me. Is that Fixed on Drama you are wearing? It looks excellent!!

Mizani

I love that some people are becoming more accepting of variety in body sizes. Some, anyhow.
Oh yeah, you are pretty tall. I'm only 5'5". Taller than average but only by an inch. LOL. But yeah, 130 on a 5'8" woman would be fairly lean. I'd love to be back down to a 12 or even a 14 like yourself. It is funny, in my early twenties I could still get into a Jr. size 9. I would look at a woman's 12 and think those pants looked big. HA!!! A size 12 pant to me know looks MIGHTY skinny.

And I can only imagine how easy it would be to get into mind games regarding self image living out in Cali.
ohboy.gif

DarylandCarole

This is a great discussion. If I was 130 I'd be like you- sickly! Even at 150 I'm pretty thin, since I'm 5'8". I Used to want that to be my weight, but now I'd be happy at a sz 12, and I could even deal with a 14. Once upon a time I hated being those sizes, I thought I was too big. I lived in Southern Cali then, too, which is a whole different place when it comes to body image. Here in my hometown a lot of women (not teens, but women over 30) are probably 12 or 14. The weather is so crappy here it's harder to exercise than Cali, and there aren't as many fresh fruits and veggies available. But there is a lot of "comfort" type food! I love that some people are becoming more accepting of variety in body sizes. Some, anyhow.
Oh yeah, you are pretty tall.  I'm only 5'5".  Taller than average but only by an inch.  LOL.  But yeah, 130 on a 5'8" woman would be fairly lean.  I'd love to be back down to a 12 or even a 14 like yourself.  It is funny, in my early twenties I could still get into a Jr. size 9.  I would look at a woman's 12 and think those pants looked big.  HA!!! A size 12 pant to me know looks MIGHTY skinny.  And I can only imagine how easy it would be to get into mind games regarding self image living out in Cali.  :eek:hboy:
That's so funny about looking at clothes before v. now. I used to look at any bra with a D cup and think "wow! That's HUGE!!" Now I look at the 34B's and even the 36C's that I wore a few years ago and they look so tiny! And my old pants (sz 10 or 12) look so small, too! My DD bras look normal now. But when I look in the mirror I still am not used to the bigger ME. My boobs look huge, and so does my stomach and my booty. Sigh...

misfitted

Oh yeah, you are pretty tall. I'm only 5'5". Taller than average but only by an inch. LOL. But yeah, 130 on a 5'8" woman would be fairly lean. I'd love to be back down to a 12 or even a 14 like yourself. It is funny, in my early twenties I could still get into a Jr. size 9. I would look at a woman's 12 and think those pants looked big. HA!!! A size 12 pant to me know looks MIGHTY skinny.

And I can only imagine how easy it would be to get into mind games regarding self image living out in Cali.
ohboy.gif

I can vouch for this... I'm 5'8" and was about 130 when I graduated highschool. No hips, no butt, just boobs and chicken legs lol. Instead of gaining the freshman 15 I gained a freshman 20 (from nutritionally void dorm food) and I was IN LOVE with myself lmao! But that summer I lost all of it and I was MAD AS ALL HELL! Took 5 years post undergrad to get that back lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by burghchick

That's so funny about looking at clothes before v. now. I used to look at any bra with a D cup and think "wow! That's HUGE!!" Now I look at the 34B's and even the 36C's that I wore a few years ago and they look so tiny! And my old pants (sz 10 or 12) look so small, too! My DD bras look normal now. But when I look in the mirror I still am not used to the bigger ME. My boobs look huge, and so does my stomach and my booty. Sigh...
Look, I'd KILL to have a DD cup. I'm normally a 32G, but I've been a 32H since pregnancy and the girls haven't gone back to their pre pregnancy cup size yet FML. The worst part is I have a thin frame and a long torso so they look even bigger than they really are! I feel like every baby I hold thinks it's chow time smh. Ain't nobody got time for that! I was a DD my freshman year of college and I HATED it! Now having a DD cup seems like a dream lol!

MissElle12

Right! I'm 5'8" also and at 150 I feel skinny! My normal weight now is 165, but I'm most comfortable with the way my body fills out at about 170. 175 if I'm "in shape." I have to have less than 25% body fat to REALLY work 170 the way I want to. Working on that over the next year, and because since I've turned 30 and had a child I feel like I'm all that and a bag of chips and I need to plan for baby #2 lol... I will be a chiseled beast with a big booty and a baby bump the next time I walk into labor and delivery lmao!

I didn't get any curves until I hit age 27. Still working on it at age 30, and having a baby 3 months ago didn't even help lol!

Exactly! You can work that thang at ANY size! It's all about confidence and working what God gave you! I used to hate having huge boobs, but I've learned to embrace them lol!

It's TTT but FOD is my FAVE! I think I'm wearing FOD in another one of my profile pics though.

I can vouch for this... I'm 5'8" and was about 130 when I graduated highschool. No hips, no butt, just boobs and chicken legs lol. Instead of gaining the freshman 15 I gained a freshman 20 (from nutritionally void dorm food) and I was IN LOVE with myself lmao! But that summer I lost all of it and I was MAD AS ALL HELL! Took 5 years post undergrad to get that back lol!

Look, I'd KILL to have a DD cup. I'm normally a 32G, but I've been a 32H since pregnancy and the girls haven't gone back to their pre pregnancy cup size yet FML. The worst part is I have a thin frame and a long torso so they look even bigger than they really are! I feel like every baby I hold thinks it's chow time smh. Ain't nobody got time for that! I was a DD my freshman year of college and I HATED it! Now having a DD cup seems like a dream lol!
Me too! #twinning lol

And I think you said you're NW45 too?