MAC X Julia Petit Collection (March 18-19, 2015)

CabaretKitten

I just had a :idea:   moment...maybe it's Cranberry??
I was just reading through this and thinking that, exactly. I hope so! And if they do, I hope the pencil comes back out with it.... Can't believe I didn't notice it was in Osbornes...not that I could have snagged it, anyway. I didn't participate in that collection, but I heard of the craziness.

Prettypackages

I like Julia, but I wish if they were going to do a Youtube blogger they'd grant Talia Castellano's wish posthumously and give her a collection. She was such a darling girl and loved MAC tons, it'd be a nice gesture.
That would be sweet. Or a really pretty girly pink lipgloss...

mimi0701

I love that she's 43. She sure doesn't look it! Sometimes I feel like I'm too old for MAC, so it's nice to see someone older in a collab.
Every time I go to a counter it makes me feel like I'm too old for MAC. Thank goodness for online shopping.

BuickMackane

I never heard of Julia Petit, and much as I don't see the point of an established company like MAC doing blogger collabs (I'm too old and jaded to appreciate the power and significance of beauty bloggers lol) at least she seems like an interesting character.

I disagree about her not looking her age though. To me she looks like a woman in her early 40s who's taken good care of her skin. 43 ain't old y'all!
cooldude.gif

MRV

I never heard of Julia Petit, and much as I don't see the point of an established company like MAC doing blogger collabs (I'm too old and jaded to appreciate the power and significance of beauty bloggers lol) at least she seems like an interesting character.

I disagree about her not looking her age though. To me she looks like a woman in her early 40s who's taken good care of her skin. 43 ain't old y'all!
cooldude.gif
I think this collab is mainly aimed to the Brazilian market (Mac expanding there?). Some article said she's the local It Girl. People are incluenced by her. TG we don't have one here.

Yeah, she's too skinny, it reveals the age.

DarylandCarole

I love that she's 43. She sure doesn't look it! Sometimes I feel like I'm too old for MAC, so it's nice to see someone older in a collab.
We had Brooke, too.
Oops, I forgot about her. I didn't pay much attention to that collection.
We had Brooke, too.
Every time I go to a counter it makes me feel like I'm too old for MAC. Thank goodness for online shopping.
There's rarely anyone at the MAC counter nearest me, so at least I don't have that. I love their products and I know they have the "all ages" motto, but it does seem like most people who buy it are younger. I don't want to be one of those "older" women who is obviously trying to look younger in a sad way. Turning 51 freaked me out a little.
  We had Brooke, too.
[COLOR=CC99FF]and Iris.[/COLOR]
Oh yes! I was on a several year "no buy 'cause I can't afford it" when that came out.

mimi0701

Oh yes! I was on a several year "no buy 'cause I can't afford it" when that came out.
You just described my feelings exactly! I don't want to look 20 I just want to look as good as I can. And after 40 something it takes a lot more effort lol.
sigh.gif

thefbomb

[COLOR=88183A]maccosmetics[/COLOR] Brazilian blogger and style muse Julia Petit [COLOR=88183A]@petisco[/COLOR] creates a sun-kissed collection to fuel your tropical fantasies! In stores Spring 2015 [COLOR=88183A]#MACJuliaPetit[/COLOR] Read more at http://websta.me/p/826053363058775540_319897212#LXkIgPrEIbEy7U1x.99
Ooh I'm digging that promo pic, can't wait for the colour story and photos!
I think it's pink treat. There is a recent picture of her wearing it on her Instagram
f62b49b2_image.jpeg
Everything about this picture is cute

Prettypackages

I think this collab is mainly aimed to the Brazilian market (Mac expanding there?). Some article said she's the local It Girl. People are incluenced by her. TG we don't have one here.

Yeah, she's too skinny, it reveals the age.
I agree, she looks her age and 40 isn't old. I also wonder why women get super skinny as they get older, it makes their skin look stretched and they sometimes look gaunt.

Dominique33

I agree, she looks her age and 40 isn't old.  I also wonder why women get super skinny as they get older, it makes their skin look stretched and they sometimes look gaunt.  
It is because ageing cannot be fought against. I think we all look our age even when we avoid smoking, alcohol, sun and sugar the worst ennemies ever. Looking younger makes no sense IMO the most important is to feel good and healthy

Spectacular

I'm super impressed that a blogger/youtube personality has managed to enter into a partnership with MAC. I don't think I've seen that before.
Considering its a single collection for just her its pretty amazing. The blogger collection for me is the same as MAC picking all these 'young' girls to represent different collections (mostly singers, few actresses, and all in their 20's). Its flavor of the month stuff. The blogger collection was about MAC realizing all the new makeup marketing was being done by people outside their payroll and being smart about it. Pluck up 5 or 6 women, give them an item each and see their legions of fans flock to product. This...for a lady in her 40's, multiple items, and international...pretty impressive.

Prettypackages

...what was happening in that YouTube video...

Cindy Crawford says you get to an age where you have to choose between your ass and your face. When you're young the assumption is you keep thin for all the cute clothes and keeping your skin taut but when you age that tautness can make you look drawn and tired. So she said she got to a point where she realized she had to put on a few pounds or she'd be one of those women on fillers.

Considering its a single collection for just her its pretty amazing. The blogger collection for me is the same as MAC picking all these 'young' girls to represent different collections (mostly singers, few actresses, and all in their 20's). Its flavor of the month stuff. The blogger collection was about MAC realizing all the new makeup marketing was being done by people outside their payroll and being smart about it. Pluck up 5 or 6 women, give them an item each and see their legions of fans flock to product. This...for a lady in her 40's, multiple items, and international...pretty impressive.
Exactly! I completely agree, and the weight looks really good on her.

MRV

Quote:

Cindy Crawford says you get to an age where you have to choose between your ass and your face. When you're young the assumption is you keep thin for all the cute clothes and keeping your skin taut but when you age that tautness can make you look drawn and tired. So she said she got to a point where she realized she had to put on a few pounds or she'd be one of those women on fillers.
I'm trying to take care of both, but Cindy's right.

DarylandCarole

Oops, I forgot about her. I didn't pay much attention to that collection. There's rarely anyone at the MAC counter nearest me, so at least I don't have that. I love their products and I know they have the "all ages" motto, but it does seem like most people who buy it are younger. [COLOR=000000]I don't want to be one of those "older" women who is obviously trying to look younger in a sad way[/COLOR]. Turning 51 freaked me out a little. Oh yes! I was on a several year "no buy 'cause I can't afford it" when that came out.
You just described my feelings exactly! I don't want to look 20 I just want to look as good as I can. And after 40 something it takes a lot more effort lol. :sigh:  
Yes it does! It takes me so much longer to get ready to go out. At some point it will probably take 4 hours, then 6... Then I'll just say "fuck it" and give up.b

misfitted

...what was happening in that YouTube video... Cindy Crawford says you get to an age where you have to choose between your ass and your face. When you're young the assumption is you keep thin for all the cute clothes and keeping your skin taut but when you age that tautness can make you look drawn and tired. So she said she got to a point where she realized she had to put on a few pounds or she'd be one of those women on fillers.  Considering its a single collection for just her its pretty amazing. The blogger collection for me is the same as MAC picking all these 'young' girls to represent different collections (mostly singers, few actresses, and all in their 20's). Its flavor of the month stuff. The blogger collection was about MAC realizing all the new makeup marketing was being done by people outside their payroll and being smart about it. Pluck up 5 or 6 women, give them an item each and see their legions of fans flock to product. This...for a lady in her 40's, multiple items, and international...pretty impressive. 
I choose both lol! I already have a fat face but I tend to have to gain to see some "bubble-age" in the back lol...

DarylandCarole

I agree, she looks her age and 40 isn't old.  I also wonder why women get super skinny as they get older, it makes their skin look stretched and they sometimes look gaunt.  
  I'm super impressed that a blogger/youtube personality has managed to enter into a partnership with MAC. I don't think I've seen that before.
I agree with this, too. When I was 46 I went through a prolonged stressful time in life. I lost a lot of weight when I wasn't trying (of course when I tried I couldn't lose anything). My Mom kept saying how good I looked, but I could see that my face looked too gaunt and it aged me. Then I took a new prescription for sleep, which had a side-effect of causing rapid weight gain. By the time I figured out that was the cause I had went up 2 sizes. Sooo now my booty is too big but my face looks much better!

Mizani

Yes!! You see a lot of Hollywood/socialite types doing this and it makes me sad! They are 40 and trying hard to have the same body they did at 20 it comes at the expense of their face. It ain't worth it. As we get older, there is a reason why we "fill out". Just about all animals do this. If some one was used to being a 2 in their twenties then there is nothing wrong with going up to a 4-6 by the time you are in your 40s. ThatOverall you will look healthier in the long run.