MAC x Mariah Carey (December 8, 2016)

Shars

I really hope that the 25% off discount applies to the collection since the date for early access for Obsessed members falls on the last day of the promotion. I've pretty much finalized the list of products that I'm going to get but I may pick up the eye shadow palettes if I can get a discount on them.

I'm pretty sure it won't apply to this because it's in special edition packaging. Below are the T&Cs for the offer copied from the email:

25% OFF
Offer valid through December 4, 2016 for M.A.C Select members only. No offer code needed. Members must be logged into their online account for the discount to apply. In-store offer is only available in M.A.C Cosmetics owned and operated stores in the US/Canada (excluding Massachusetts stores). Special gift available in-store only while supplies last and may vary from store to store. Online and in-store offers may only be redeemed once per member. Only one offer code per online order. Not applicable to MAC Pro members or Estee Lauder Companies employees. Offer does not include the purchase of special deco-packaged products, select products included but not limited to Limited Life, Nutcracker Sweet Brush Kits, Nutcracker Sweet VIVA GLAM Lip Compact, Nutcracker Sweet Viva Glamorous kit, eGift Cards/Gift Cards, Makeup Services, select professional products, Goodbyes, sales tax, shipping and handling, items noted as not eligible, items that are not in stock at the time of purchase, pending purchases or purchases made prior to the start or the offer or after the offer ends. Offer applies to authorized purchases only. Only authorized orders will be processed and shipped. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel this promotion at any time. Products provided at no charge cannot be returned or exchanged. Other restrictions may apply.

ETA: It definitely isn't showing up for Goodbyes or the sale stuff from the Holiday Collection or the Viva Glam regular and Viva Glam holiday. However, it works for all the other holiday collection stuff which isn't current discounted... weird. I also tried another special packaging collection (Brooke Candy) and it took the discount off in the cart. So maybe it will work for Mariah Carey... fingers crossed.

Last edited:

lyseD

I tried too but I heard that even employees and MAC pro members don't get a discount on those.

Icecaramellatte

I really hope that the 25% off discount applies to the collection since the date for early access for Obsessed members falls on the last day of the promotion. I've pretty much finalized the list of products that I'm going to get but I may pick up the eye shadow palettes if I can get a discount on them.
oh man i didn't realize that and used the code. is it a one time only code?

patentg33k

I thought Obsessed/Devoted early access to Mariah starts December 5(?)
The 25% off is until December 4

Thanks for posting this--this makes sense to me. I'm not HAPPY about it, but it makes sense.

I suspect Mariah gets a cut of the revenue, so a discount on top of that is going to be impossible especially when this first launches. I'm hoping that there's plenty of stock, I'm not banking on a discount as well.

LiliV

I'm glad the early access will be Obsessed and Devoted (I'm Devoted). At first I just saw the Obsessed announcement and was like oh poo! I definitely think this collection is going to sell out so I'm really anxious to get my hands on what I want lol

lyseD

I'm glad the early access will be Obsessed and Devoted (I'm Devoted). At first I just saw the Obsessed announcement and was like oh poo! I definitely think this collection is going to sell out so I'm really anxious to get my hands on what I want lol

I'm devoted too and I need early access so I can get some pieces for my niece.

LMarie21

I'm going to have to stalk on the night of the 4th. I'm at Obsessed...do you guys think there will be a one item per product limit like it was with the Selena collection? I wanted to get two of the Sweet, Sweet Fantasy blush to gift one to my cousin.

Mac-Guy

I would be surprised if the discount applies. However, if there is a glitch, it might work well. You never know with MAC.

verorl

It is a good thing that Devoted and Obsessed get early access! I will be working all day long on December 7th and 8th, so early access will be a great thing for me and I can get the quads and blush I want.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I'm pretty sure it won't apply to this because it's in special edition packaging. Below are the T&Cs for the offer copied from the email:

25% OFF
Offer valid through December 4, 2016 for M.A.C Select members only. No offer code needed. Members must be logged into their online account for the discount to apply. In-store offer is only available in M.A.C Cosmetics owned and operated stores in the US/Canada (excluding Massachusetts stores). Special gift available in-store only while supplies last and may vary from store to store. Online and in-store offers may only be redeemed once per member. Only one offer code per online order. Not applicable to MAC Pro members or Estee Lauder Companies employees. Offer does not include the purchase of special deco-packaged products, select products included but not limited to Limited Life, Nutcracker Sweet Brush Kits, Nutcracker Sweet VIVA GLAM Lip Compact, Nutcracker Sweet Viva Glamorous kit, eGift Cards/Gift Cards, Makeup Services, select professional products, Goodbyes, sales tax, shipping and handling, items noted as not eligible, items that are not in stock at the time of purchase, pending purchases or purchases made prior to the start or the offer or after the offer ends. Offer applies to authorized purchases only. Only authorized orders will be processed and shipped. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of offer and to modify or cancel this promotion at any time. Products provided at no charge cannot be returned or exchanged. Other restrictions may apply.

ETA: It definitely isn't showing up for Goodbyes or the sale stuff from the Holiday Collection or the Viva Glam regular and Viva Glam holiday. However, it works for all the other holiday collection stuff which isn't current discounted... weird. I also tried another special packaging collection (Brooke Candy) and it took the discount off in the cart. So maybe it will work for Mariah Carey... fingers crossed.

Thanks for posting the terms and conditions. I knew it was too good to be true, lol. I guess I'll be passing on the eyeshadow quads unless they stick around for awhile. I bought a ton of single eyeshadows during the sales this past weekend though so I probably shouldn't get them at all anyways, lol. The packaging is so pretty though and the shades are nice.

I thought Obsessed/Devoted early access to Mariah starts December 5(?)
The 25% off is until December 4

There was a rumor prior to MAC's statement that said that early access could possibly start on the 4th so some of us got excited thinking we could potentially get a discount on it only for MAC to state that it would start a day after the 25% off promotion ended. Plus as Shars posted, the discount wouldn't have applied due to the special packaging even if early access was during the promotion.

Shars

I would be surprised if the discount applies. However, if there is a glitch, it might work well. You never know with MAC.

Fingers crossed it launches early and by some glitch the discount works.... Christmas come early!

fur4elise

Just going to leave this here ;)
[video=youtube;a2TILRNY5CM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2TILRNY5CM[/video]