MAC x Mariah Carey (December 8, 2016)

SleepingBeauty

Same here!

I just tried to take advantage of the 'glitch', only took my like 5 hours (only got perm stuff: Soft Frost EDSF, brush cleanser and Spiked Eye Brows). The site is a mess. I'll mentally prepare myself that those orders will get cancelled, but who knows... Fingers crossed they'll get through. I just wish everyone would stick to 1-2 orders so maybe MAC will let it slide, but from what I've seen on Facebook, people keep placing orders.

I'm bascially not that interested in MAC anymore, so I thought very long and hard what to order but nothing else came to my mind, lol. I do not understand the girls placing 14 order or more. This is not okay and I hope they'll face some sort or consequences. From what I've seen, though, nearly all orders are going to be sent by MAC. Seems we got lucky this time.

Is everything cheaper because of the glitch or something? When I saw SleepingBeauty's post I thought it was only the quad.

MAC NL site is also suuuuuuper slow right now so I thought 'maybe we also have a glitch', but I don't get different prices when I add things to my bag so that's too bad lol.

You could apply to code to everything. Some girls ordered like five lipsticks and had to pay 20€ or something.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm bascially not that interested in MAC anymore, so I thought very long and hard what to order but nothing else came to my mind, lol. I do not understand the girls placing 14 order or more. This is not okay and I hope they'll face some sort or consequences. From what I've seen, though, nearly all orders are going to be sent by MAC. Seems we got lucky this time.

You could apply to code to everything. Some girls ordered like five lipsticks and had to pay 20€ or something.

That would be awesome! I do have tracking numbers for both orders in my account, but no shipping confirmations and the numbers aren't working (yet). I only read a post of someone who talked to customer service and apparently they said all orders under I believe 60€ would get cancelled.
I just got the three perm items that I wanted to order anyway, the LE items weren't really tempting me either.

Tarabotti

So are these products really worth the extra money or am I just paying for Mariah Carey's name? I'm just interested in the EDSF and the loose powder and maybe a blush (depends on the swatch) but $45+ seems a lot to pay for an item that might easily be duped.

Is the EDSF online only? On the first page it says limited edition and online exclusive but it's not in blue (like the rest of the online exclusives).

Corally

View attachment 57669
My goodies came! The packaging is gorgeous! The blush is Sweet Sweet Fantasy and the quad is I'm That Chick You Like.

I only ordered SSF and imo the packaging looks ugly and kinda cheap lol. But the blush itself looks gorgeous! And I do like the outer packaging haha.

And I am very surprised that I already received my order today! I haven't even seen a tracking code yet on the website and no shipping notification.. The bell rang and I opened the door and there was the UPS man with my order. Surprise! haha. Really fast (for MAC), so I'm not complaining. :D

Last edited:

LMarie21

Do you guys think Obsessed members will get early access like with the Selena collection? I asked MAC Chat and of course they couldn't give me an answer. I'm getting too old to stalk! Lol! I want so many things from this collection and the prices are insane! *cries* But is she one of my absolute favorite singers so I'm gonna have to get a ton lol, plus, the packaging is GORGEOUS! :heart:.

Honi

I got McIzzle and Sweet Sweet Fantasy! They should arrive tomorrow. I also got samples of Dahhlinggg (Or whatever it is called) and the EDSF. Time to take some pictures!

kittycalico

Do you guys think Obsessed members will get early access like with the Selena collection? I asked MAC Chat and of course they couldn't give me an answer. I'm getting too old to stalk! Lol! I want so many things from this collection and the prices are insane! *cries* But is she one of my absolute favorite singers so I'm gonna have to get a ton lol, plus, the packaging is GORGEOUS! :heart:.

The rumor is early access for Obsessed on the 4th.. would be wonderful if the 25% discount applies too.

fur4elise

Can't believe there's another sale at MAC and I can't think of lots of things to get lol
I know right!?! I already got some goodbyes that I held off on...Vibe Tribe & Star Trek...The only thing I can think of is some of the missing pro e/s pans on my master list. It would make up for the fact that ABH sold out of all the colors I was eyeing. Other than that, maybe a couple of red lippies in my Rrrred favorites list. I'm going to wait until the 4th if I am going to purchase anything. ;)

Mac-Guy

Can't believe there's another sale at MAC and I can't think of lots of things to get lol

MAC is going a bit coo coo with their sales. I've also received a gazillion emails to purchase more Nutcracker. They are trying too hard ATM. There is nothing wrong with good marketing and promoting their products, but their constant sales is driving the company in the wrong direction. Why buy it now when it is going to be on sales soon? We will see where all this goes next.

BrittLuvsMakeup

The rumor is early access for Obsessed on the 4th.. would be wonderful if the 25% discount applies too.

I really hope that the 25% off discount applies to the collection since the date for early access for Obsessed members falls on the last day of the promotion. I've pretty much finalized the list of products that I'm going to get but I may pick up the eye shadow palettes if I can get a discount on them.

awickedshape

I got some the holiday sets that I've been wanting. I bought the nude lipgloss set and the bronze pigment set.

Nice haul! The Nude set looks good.

I know right!?! I already got some goodbyes that I held off on...Vibe Tribe & Star Trek...The only thing I can think of is some of the missing pro e/s pans on my master list. It would make up for the fact that ABH sold out of all the colors I was eyeing. Other than that, maybe a couple of red lippies in my Rrrred favorites list. I'm going to wait until the 4th if I am going to purchase anything. ;)

Yes!
I've ordered Soft Frost edsf from Nordies that's taking forever to arrive and was considering another but I'm not feeling the pressure.

MAC is going a bit coo coo with their sales. I've also received a gazillion emails to purchase more Nutcracker. They are trying too hard ATM. There is nothing wrong with good marketing and promoting their products, but their constant sales is driving the company in the wrong direction. Why buy it now when it is going to be on sales soon? We will see where all this goes next.

Re: the emails: Oh, yes.
I'm wondering what impact customers who were disillusioned by frantic launches like Riri and mixups like Proenza Schouler really had on MAC

fur4elise

Yes!
I've ordered Soft Frost edsf from Nordies that's taking forever to arrive and was considering another but I'm not feeling the pressure.
Do tell what you think of it! :secret:I have the Show Gold and Soft Frost in another favorites list...edging more towards SG...not sure I would use SF. :confused: Not feeling pressed on either...I think its because I am "saled" and "shopped out!" I have so many goodies on the way...and I discovered so many gems in my stash when I got everything into my new furniture/storage!
:sunshine:

Last edited:

awickedshape

Do tell what you think of it! :secret:I have the Show Gold and Soft Frost in another favorites list...edging more towards SG...not sure I would use SF. :confused: Not feeling pressed on either...I think its because I am "saled" and "shopped out!" I have so many goodies on the way...and I discovered so many gems in my stash when I got everything into my new furniture/storage!
:sunshine:

Will do!
Totally understandable!

I reorganized my stash recently and now have the last few items aside until I make room lol

fur4elise

Will do!
Totally understandable!

I reorganized my stash recently and now have the last few items aside until I make room lol

LOL! Good job!

:angel:I am feeling pretty angelic about my new set up...but that little makeup devil is whispering about how I now have more room for more beauty stuffs!

No no no...Bad Elise! Bad!
:bonk:

Latest posts