MAC x Nicki Minaj collection (September 21, 2017)

Mac-Guy

My Mmmmmm arrived, really happy with it! It's a great nude on me, not too pale (although I am very fair, my lips are reasonably pigmented and anything too light just looks weird on me IMO).

Packaging is different than I've seen before - guessing that is specific to this collection but it would be nice if they'd do this with all lipstick packaging.

the light was already fading here so it was difficult to get colour-accurate swatches but I did mange to get some comparisons, hopefully these are useful. This is pretty much all my neutral/nude type MAC lipsticks!

Mmmmmm is the long swatch on top, then from L-R they are:
Driftwood (Liptensity), Feed the Senses, Glamourdaze, Pander Me, Hot Chocolate and Boca. Glamourdaze is the closest, just a bit less intense (as expected with the different finishes)

sorry they're a bit scrappy swatches, I was rushing to try catch the light!

View attachment 61263

Lovely.

VixenwithFixens

Anyone know the exact date this is launching? Some say the 7th and the 21st?? I don't want to miss it

Last edited:

MissTania

The entire collection has launched here and I'm going to check it out tonight or tomorrow. I think the swatches on MAC are wildly inaccurate lol but we'll see.

Screenshot_20170907-181728.png

MissTania

Top to bottom: Mmmmmm, Baby's All Right, Bosom Friend

20170908_000016.jpg

L-R: Baby's All Right, Mmmmmm, 2 NARS lipliners and The PinkPrint

20170907_235925.jpg

As above but rotated counter clockwise

20170908_000150.jpg

Last edited:

MissTania

Pretty! Which are these?? Did you buy any?

I've added the names now, I was confused about which pics I'd uploaded via my phone lol.

I got them all and took pics at home indoors with artificial light. It's hard to show the nuances properly without natural light.

I liked Nicki's Nude too I might buy it soon.

Stripped was interesting it was very yellow/caramel on me I think it will be nice for some people. It would probably wash me out though.

GreenEyedAllie

I've added the names now, I was confused about which pics I'd uploaded via my phone lol.

I got them all and took pics at home indoors with artificial light. It's hard to show the nuances properly without natural light.

I liked Nicki's Nude too I might buy it soon.

Stripped was interesting it was very yellow/caramel on me I think it will be nice for some people. It would probably wash me out though.
I definitely love both Mmmmm and Baby's All Right! Did you check out The Pinkprint also??

MissTania

I definitely love both Mmmmm and Baby's All Right! Did you check out The Pinkprint also??

Yes, it's in my previous swatches post :) I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Here's a comparison indoors natural light:

20170908_065720.jpg

L-R: Top - Brave, Mmmmmm; Bottom - Mehr, Baby's All Right

Mmmmmm and Baby's All Right might be too brown for me, I haven't had a chance to try everything properly yet.

MRV

Got MMMMMM today (quite mlbb on me) after trying 7-8 of the darker ones on.

I would have liked Nicki's Nude but I was not so aware of this collection (nudes are not my cup of tea) and it sold out before I noticed it. I don't know why but they seemed to have only half of them up at my counter yesterday, today I saw all of them in another town, NN already SO, called my counter and all gone, bummer.

leonah

I wish Temptalia or someone else had most of them to swatch on lips and to be able to compare to other *nudes* from mac.

lyseD

I got to see the collection yesterday in the store, so many beautiful shades. :yess:

I will for sure get Mmmmm. age/sex/location and Baby's All Right. Nicki's Nude looked pretty but I need to try it on. Lucky for me I have a few of the re-releases already.

CCKK

Just tried the Nicki Minaj lipstick on and he'll no. I tried the lipstick all on my hand and then tried my favorites on my lips. Let me state that no color that was applied to my hand matched my lips. Maybe others have better luck but not me. Nikki's nude looked descent but on me a spring color. The lipglass nude was the only descent thing but I am second guessing that. If you get a chance to try her lipstick on please do. My Nordies just got it in today and this is how I tried it

Mac-Guy

Got MMMMMM today (quite mlbb on me) after trying 7-8 of the darker ones on.

I would have liked Nicki's Nude but I was not so aware of this collection (nudes are not my cup of tea) and it sold out before I noticed it. I don't know why but they seemed to have only half of them up at my counter yesterday, today I saw all of them in another town, NN already SO, called my counter and all gone, bummer.
This collections seems to be selling reasonably well. Good for MAC.

kittycalico

Wondering if Obsessed will get an early access email

Early access for Obsessed just went up !

edit: M·A·C SELECT OBSESSED, DEVOTED AND PRO MEMBERS CAN SHOP M·A·C X NICKI MINAJ ONLINE BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! THE COLLECTION WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ALL CUSTOMERS ON SEPTEMBER 20TH!

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

I got both of her special nudes, Mmmm and Baby's All Right! Super excited! I have a feeling this is one of those collections I'll revisit as swatches come out and if things stay stocked....glad I grabbed my 'must-haves' though

Latest posts