MAC x Pedro Lourenço (June 5, 2014)

MandyVanHook

My hair is so curly, I always figured it would be a battle I couldn't win so I never even started. I DID come of age at just that right, special era between the late 70's-early 80's, where curly hair was extremely fashionable too, short or long, so that was a fantastic, positive social influence for me too.

I'm SO GLAD to see women letting their hair go natural again more (it's getting very popular among stylish types here in L.A., that's for sure). I'm not sure how huge and full i'll be able to grow mine out (extensions aren't for me - yet), but I want to take it as far as I can go! It's pretty fun to go out places with fabulous big fluffy hair and get the wink and the thumb's up and various mutual compliments from all the other women and men who are taking the plunge - it's like we're all in a secret society together, lol - The Curlluminati!

I think these glosses are going to be a bit polarizing - some people will skip them, thinking they already have something enough like them (they'd probably be wrong), or they'll buy them and never wear them (they'd be wrong too), or they will see the light and buy 'em, love 'em and back them up. I'm trying to stay away from BUs just in general of late, since I have so much already, but Mirror is verrrrrrrry tempting to not be without. They should be perm, if you ask me.
I don't think Mirror could disappoint me. It looks gorgeous.

awickedshape

If you already have a lot of reds, True Red isn't quite as unique as Ruby, at least on my skin tone - although it'll probably be the nicest one on you. I'd say TRY BEFORE BUY with this collection in a huge-ass way. 
I most likely will not be able to see this in store. I will really have to make up my mind and don't do anything impulsive at launch time. I'm looking at you, Mystical lol Thanks [@]liba[/@]. May I ask what your skin tone is? Sorry if I missed mention of it before.

liba

Thanks @liba. May I ask what your skin tone is? Sorry if I missed mention of it before.
I'm usually 100% NC15, although I couldn't wear it in the new Mineralize liquid foundation - I'm NW15 in that one. Also, I'm 1.0 in Matchmaster most of the year. I hope this isn't too confusing - my skin tone's been kind of in flux the past year in ways I haven't had to deal with for years. Basically fair with yellow undertones due to freckles and being middle aged, lol.

awickedshape

I'm usually 100% NC15, although I couldn't wear it in the new Mineralize liquid foundation - I'm NW15 in that one. Also, I'm 1.0 in Matchmaster most of the year. I hope this isn't too confusing - my skin tone's been kind of in flux the past year in ways I haven't had to deal with for years. Basically fair with yellow undertones due to freckles and being middle aged, lol.
lol thanks! I went only once and got matched with NC 43 but it's just slightly off to me. I still use it and it looks just fine to others, though.

MandyVanHook

I get matched to both NC and NW, and anywhere from level 15-20. I'd say I have a fairly neutral undertone but with some rasacea in my cheeks that I try to keep covered.

liba

I went only once and got matched with NC 43 but it's just slightly off to me. I still use it and it looks just fine to others, though.
Roxo and True Red will be better than Ruby on you, most likely, but I still think these reds are all pretty conservative and not super special. Mangrove and VG Riri have been the hip reds this year, hands down (at least for my avant guard tastes).

awickedshape

Roxo and True Red will be better than Ruby on you, most likely, but I still think these reds are all pretty conservative and not super special. Mangrove and VG Riri have been the hip reds this year, hands down (at least for my avant guard tastes).
Oh, I'm so not avant-garde lol I also tend to be drawn to the same thing over and over so I have to watch out for dupes. Good thing the lipsticks aren't $22 just in case I decide on getting one for sure. Thanks again

CrimsonQuill157

Before I go splurge city on these reds - I have VGR, Studded Kiss, Russian Red, Ruby Woo (which I don't really like the formula of, maybe I got a bad one but I almost broke the lipstick trying to apply it), Red Racer, Sin, and I can't think of any others. I guess if you count Lady Danger and Mangrove. Do I have too many already? I'm def getting Roxo but the other two I'm wavering.

MandyVanHook

Before I go splurge city on these reds - I have VGR, Studded Kiss, Russian Red, Ruby Woo (which I don't really like the formula of, maybe I got a bad one but I almost broke the lipstick trying to apply it), Red Racer, Sin, and I can't think of any others. I guess if you count Lady Danger and Mangrove. Do I have too many already? I'm def getting Roxo but the other two I'm wavering.
No such thing. However, it just depends on whether subtle differences between them are important to you. Only you can make that decision!

CrimsonQuill157

No such thing. However, it just depends on whether subtle differences between them are important to you. Only you can make that decision!
I am the queen of subtle differences.
queen.gif

MandyVanHook

Tey NW18. It is perfect and works the best year round for me.
I don't usually wear MAC foundations, but I will give it a try! I'm a Nars sheer glow foundation girl, although I do like to use the stufio fix powder to set my foundation when I want a really full coverage day. I like studio tech pretty well, too. I've been meaning to give face and body a try but I just don't think it is going to have enough coverage for me.

mousygiggles

I don't usually wear MAC foundations, but I will give it a try! I'm a Nars sheer glow foundation girl, although I do like to use the stufio fix powder to set my foundation when I want a really full coverage day. I like studio tech pretty well, too. I've been meaning to give face and body a try but I just don't think it is going to have enough coverage for me.
I like SF Powder over N2 Face and Body. I am weird in that probably but I like it a lot.

BellaInPink

Hi beauties! I have been so disconnected from this thread but only because my dad's been in the hospital. What is everyone getting from this (if anything at all)?