MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medgal07

i think im going to get ruby woo. now.
I think I'll wait and make a comparison between my own Ruby Woo & RiRi. I'm always up for a nice red lippie under any circumstances.
th_dunno.gif

luvlydee

my sister has ruby woo and once i get my riri woo im going to swatch them on my lips side by side like i did with heroine and strong woman before. And I'll do it outside in the daytime. no fancy lighting so women of color can decide for themselves how it would look like if they wore it walking around lol.
I do have pigmented lips so that can come into play with teh lipstick also

Corally

Jeez on T there's barely a difference. I'm glad I don't have the original.
Lighting makes a world of difference. On T it actually looks warm-almost orange both riri and ruby but they are both actually blue based. 
In does look really warm in her pics. I hate blue based reds on me so I wish it really looked like that because I do love me some warm reds.

butterflyeyes

Sorry, had to go in and edit the last part. The "for your age" part doesn't matter. She just looks amazing. Period.
tong.gif
You're right, BUT since her age was mentioned I thought it was worth mentioning lol. She looks amazing regardless of her age, but now that I know it it's an even bigger WOW! Love women that embrace their age and still know AND show that they are beautiful without needing the knife!

internetchick

Jeez on T there's barely a difference. I'm glad I don't have the original.

Lighting/saturation makes a world of difference. On T it actually looks warm-almost orange both riri and ruby but they are both actually blue based.
Yeah, her lighting comes off warm in a lot of her photos now. I think it is because she moved to studio lighting from taking by the window photos. A lot of her product photos now look off on my monitor (could just be me).

Medgal07

You're right, BUT since her age was mentioned I thought it was worth mentioning lol. She looks amazing regardless of her age, but now that I know it it's an even bigger WOW! Love women that embrace their age and still know AND show that they are beautiful without needing the knife!
Totally understand you both. No offense intended, none taken and the compliments are much appreciated
bouquet.gif

The very thought of going under the knife is unsettling to me, particularly when I see photos of bad plastic surgery, how you don't look like yourself and then the risks in general---No thanks! I'll rock my wrinkles as they come.

Richelle83

Yeah, her lighting comes off warm in a lot of her photos now. I think it is because she moved to studio lighting from taking by the window photos. A lot of her product photos now look off on my monitor (could just be me).
That makes sense! No, its not just you, a lot of them look off.

Medgal07

I did this b/c I was tired of some judgment I'd been receiving for years. Also, now I look incredible for my age.
girlhaha.gif

I was going to do this, too.
I'm sorry, but somebody needs to bust this heifer upside her head. She's on my last nerve with this.
lol.gif
No fighting MissTT. Don't want your pretty face and makeup messed up.
rofl.gif
When's your birthday? I'm buying you a filter for that mouth
lol.gif

butterflyeyes

Totally understand you both. No offense intended, none taken and the compliments are much appreciated
bouquet.gif

The very thought of going under the knife is unsettling to me, particularly when I see photos of bad plastic surgery, how you don't look like yourself and then the risks in general---No thanks! I'll rock my wrinkles as they come.
Exactly! I can't imagine going under the knife just for youth sake. Too many people have died or had terrible outcomes...not to mention, I don't do anything that has guaranteed pain attached to it on purpose (even if it's supposed to be brief)!

luvlydee

I'm sorry, but somebody needs to bust this heifer upside her head. She's on my last nerve with this.
lmaooo!!

im not disappointed that it looks like ruby woo. I do not own ruby woo and i love rihanna and i paid retail price so i have nothing to complain about lol.
A photographer told me that when you are taking beauty pictures of makeup and products its best to use natural lighting. And keep in mind the lipstick can look different on everyone so maybe it can even look really different from each other on someone else's lips.

Ruby woo looks really orange on T (because of the lighting she uses) and its not like that at all on my sister in real life at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.