MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACerette

I think I'll wait and make a comparison between my own Ruby Woo & RiRi. I'm always up for a nice red lippie under any circumstances.
th_dunno.gif
Bobsy triplets. You, me and pinkdollface
grouphug2.gif

Yazmin

yay! ill be there tomorrow also. Ill go up to you if I see you dont think im a creep if i do that lol. i wonder if its 1 per person also. Im going to make my boyfriend grab one also if thats the case.
Lol, absolutely not! It'll be cool to meet you. I have a makeup class in Harlem up until the evening with Alexandra Butler, an MUA from ATL whose work I'm obsessed with! Have you heard of her? You must check her out on IG @themuaalex Hope I make it back in time to arrive at Barclays early enough to catch the lippies. I know its for ticket holders only, but there's going to be many die hard fans waiting to get their hands on them!
I'm waiting for her to come to California so I can take her class. It's tentative for August, but I'm not sure it'll stick.

Ashleybubbles83

I was on my way to Disneyland when it launched and my phone battery went from 96% to 79% in a matter of minutes so I said eff that! Lol

Naughtyp

[COLOR=0000FF]Thanks Naughtyp :frenz: I think you do what you're comfortable with & what works for you. [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]I was kidding about the 'cool' comment.  I told my husband about it and he said, "oh yes we're very cool".  I laughed at the "we" comment![/COLOR]
lol well of course the hubby is cool too!! lol after all, he understands the love of np! and makeup lol so that alone makes him cool in my book! haha ;)

sss215

lmaooo!!

im not disappointed that it looks like ruby woo. I do not own ruby woo and i love rihanna and i paid retail price so i have nothing to complain about lol.
A photographer told me that when you are taking beauty pictures of makeup and products its best to use natural lighting. And keep in mind the lipstick can look different on everyone so maybe it can even look really different from each other on someone else's lips.

Ruby woo looks really orange on T (because of the lighting she uses) and its not like that at all on my sister in real life at all.
Ruby Woo looks orange on me and that's why I've never hauled it. RiRi Woo is on point! I'll grab one next month.

luvlydee

A lot of people are shocked how this lipstick sold in 3 hours. Even rihanna was like damn 3 hours! But honestly if it werent for that virtual room that lipstick woulda sold out in less than an hour i believe. 3 hours is weak when it comes to mac lol

Naughtyp

I don't have ruby woo so I don't care if ririwoo is the same lol. I see a slight difference in the swatch tho. ruby woo did not feel drying to me when I tested it at the counter I left it on all day! but I was a dummy and didnt spell my address right! so now I have to wait to call on Monday :( dammit!!!! stupid mac I had to enter my info twice because the first time it timed out so i hit back n had to remdo the whole thing! oh and I saw that Barbie chicks pic I knew she stole them from someone lol

Naughtyp

A lot of people are shocked how this lipstick sold in 3 hours. Even rihanna was like damn 3 hours! But honestly if it werent for that virtual room that lipstick woulda sold out in less than an hour i believe. 3 hours is weak when it comes to mac lol
lol I know I saw Rihanna's tweet I'm like 3 hours is a long time lol. I havent been a mac . stalker that long but the fastest lipsticks I saw go were the Marilyn ones, not even an hour!

Ana A

I have ruby woo and Russian red and all of Marylin reds and sooo many others but I dont care, if they were a million reds I would want them all....I think us red addicts can definetly see the difference. Can't wait for swatches on darker compexions though

hoshiakari_

I was too impatient for the virtual waiting room so I decided to skip RRW for now but I'll definitely be hauling it in its pretty rose gold packaging.
I don't own RW so I'm glad for that.

FashionDoll

Thanks for the tip re Ronnie Red! Ronnie Red pulls so pink on me that it's not even red, really a fuchsia, which just isn't very flattering on me.
Yes you should try it, it didn't tone down the pink quite as much as I would have liked, but it definitely helped. Ronnie red does pull really pink on me too, most of these kinds of reds do. I use a lip brush to apply lipstick, and it helps when using a lip liner that doesn't match, as it allows me to have a very precise application and get the lipstick right up to the edge of the lip liner so you can't tell it's a different colour. Hope it helps make it more red for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.