MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

admmgz

Hi everybody!
wavey.gif
I haven't been keeping up w/ the threads- I know, shame on me!
th_rolleye0014.gif
lol Can you tell me when the first collection is expected to be up? I've heard different dates so I'm not sure but I know my fellow Specktra members will know for sure
winks.gif

MissBeautyBunni

Just did a chat with MAC online to get a feel of RiRi woo and was told it's a "Retro matte" and "velvety matte and slightly more ultraviolet undertones" than Ruby woo

badassSENORiTA

Just did a chat with MAC online to get a feel of RiRi woo and was told it's a "Retro matte" and "velvety matte and slightly more ultraviolet undertones" than Ruby woo
now I'm going to get it...thanks a lot lol just playing but ugh that description has now convinced me to get it

JJJewels

Sorry, just catching up now. Is it confirmed that only RiriWoo will go on sale this week or more from the collection?

erine1881

Does anyone have experience with the retro mattes? Are the very drying?
Well, first off, there's a difference between being dry and being drying. These are dry, but not drying. They're a dryer matte formula than the regular mattes, which means they will wear longer. But it also means they will accent any dryness or flakes on your lips, so it's essential that you fully prep your lips prior to wearing them. Ruby Woo is the only remaining retro matte. Try it out and see if it's a formula you'll like. I personally LOVE the formula, but the majority of people hate it.

MsKb

Well, first off, there's a difference between being dry and being drying. These are dry, but not drying. They're a dryer matte formula than the regular mattes, which means they will wear longer. But it also means they will accent any dryness or flakes on your lips, so it's essential that you fully prep your lips prior to wearing them. Ruby Woo is the only remaining retro matte. Try it out and see if it's a formula you'll like. I personally LOVE the formula, but the majority of people hate it.
i love the formula too...wish there was a wider range of colours in the formula

BuickMackane

Well if that's the case we might not bother and just get Ruby Woo instead. Ultraviolet has too short a wavelenght for human eye to register, so we wouldn't notice the difference.

*skulks off to pedants' corner*

lilinah

*skulks off to pedants' corner*
Just get out your X-ray specs, Buick!

And to think we were having confusion over what "backwards" meant in our music rehearsal last evening, in relation to our upcoming concert...

Anyway, RiRi Woo is supposed to be more violet / bluer than Ruby Woo, but still red.

LC Balthazar

Good information, thank you!

BuickMackane

Just get out your X-ray specs, Buick!

And to think we were having confusion over what "backwards" meant in our music rehearsal last evening, in relation to our upcoming concert...

Anyway, RiRi Woo is supposed to be more violet / bluer than Ruby Woo, but still red.
Did you manage to arrive at a consensus or is the jury still out?

I think I'm going to sit out the first RiRi Woo release. I have a lot of reds and I'd like to see some comparison swatches first before I take the plunge. There are quite a few pieces I'd like from TR, AOO and TT and they have priority.

miss0annette

I think I'm going to wait on RiRi woo and get it in the special packaging. I'd rather have that. Although I will start stalking Friday night. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.