MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copperhead

I don't have RW either.But i'm planning to get it
winks.gif
Are you and I the only two people in the world that don't have it? LOL! I know so many people have RW but I just never had the want for it. For whatever reason.

MissBeautyBunni

I'm purchasing from the collection to support a fellow Caribbean woman. I really like the rose gold packaging and I think MAC will do a great job capturing who she is in this collection.

Debbs

Been following this thread today and it is very intriguing. It is like a soap opera or a book that I just can't put down
I am really genuinely impressed by how knowledgeable everyone is
It is like Matlock and Perry Mason against each other in the courtroom
My primary concern right now is that I hope the RiRi Woo lipgloss is not similiar to Strawberry Malt (b/c I got a BU)
I think Mac strives on hype and controversies so they must have factored in all this reaction , bad and good to improve awareness and sales
BTW, this may sound off topic but not really
I got cut off while trying to get a parking spot (call it Mall Madness, pun intended) lol
Well, by the time I finally found a spot, walked all the way around, I found the guy and his family, wife and kids still
unloading double strollers and other baggage etc
I commented to him that his actions were so not cool
He got really upset with me for confronting him in the presence of his kids ( being the perfect dad and role model that he is)
I didn't want to make a bad situation worse by pointing out to him that his kids esp the older ones witnessed
his inappropriate and rude behavior. He should be the one setting an example for them but unfortunately this is the society we live in

To simplify everything, I think Mac should make me their next spokesperson.................because I am like an angel walking on earth
Then commit me to a mental facility for having delusions of grandeur, a false sense of reality and a narcissistic personality

ma146rina

Are you and I the only two people in the world that don't have it? LOL! I know so many people have RW but I just never had the want for it. For whatever reason.
I' m scarred about how dry it's gonna be but it seems it has a true cult following,everyone seems to think that it's the ultimate red lippy.i love retro looks so i' going to try to make it work

Copperhead

I' m scarred about how dry it's gonna be but it seems it has a true cult following,everyone seems to think that it's the ultimate red lippy.i love retro looks so i' going to try to make it work
You know what? That might be why I haven't been drawn to it. I've heard the stories about how dry it is. My lips, no matter how much I moisturize them, DOES NOT like dry. LOL.

Copperhead

lol don't feel bad. I've been saying I'll get it for months and always forget or just dont pick it up
flower.gif
Wow. Good to know I'm not alone here on Specktra. I mean of course I know EVERYONE doesn't have it. I don't wear red lips all that often and when I do, I just mostly pull out my Runaway Red, Scarlet Ibis or Revlon Really Red matte lippies and am very happy with them.

latoyamo83

She chose to be a public figure. She gets lots of money, millions of fans, and to have a career that at the end of the day im sure she loves. With anything you take the good with the bad, and unfortunately in today's celebrity culture part of the bad is being constantly followed by paparazzi and having people critisize you, whether it be for what you wear or how you act. To me its unfortunate that many celebrities that would be more positive role models to our children tend to keep their private lives and positive accomplishments out of the public eye.
You have a right to your opinion but do you really think that the choices Rihanna makes affect your daily life? True she is a celebrity however she is HUMAN and flaws and imperfections come with being human. I know it is unrealistic of me to think that people would respect her and her decisions, but sometimes things should not matter as much as people make them out to be.....this thread is suppose to be about MAC makeup not Rihanna and her morals, character, dating preferences and her medicinal smoking habits (lol).....why do people care??????

I just want to know the color story.....

latoyamo83

I've been on this forum for a while and I think you'd be hard pressed to find people here who "act like you live perfect lives and never make mistakes."
I guess you are right.... I just wish people would get back to minding their own business and loving or leaving the products based on "color payoff, pigment, and quality" not "moral character".... I guess I am asking for too much...lol

latoyamo83

This collection isn't for me. I'm not a Rihanna fan, so I'll pass. I don't tend to support collaborations where I don't care for the spokesperson (Nicky would be an example and Miley Cyrus would most assuredly also be a skip). There's no shortage of makeup to buy without someone I don't like having their name or face splashed on it or profiting from its sale. Personally, I prefer the packaging to reflect the brand and not an individual.

Having said that, I don't think celebrities have an obligation to be a positive role models; they have the right to live their lives as they wish (presuming they only hurt themselves) and consumers have the right to support them or not as we see fit. We all have different values, backgrounds and experiences so we'll perceive behaviour in different ways. Vive la difference.

Hope those of you who want some of this collection are able to get it. :)
Well said.... but it should always be about the product never the person behind it.... I am not of fan of Nicki Minaj but I bought her lipstick because I like the color. I know that Nicki does not affect my everyday life and she is neither my judge nor my creator so what she does in her personal is none of my business and it does not reflect my opinions on a good product. #IJS #respect your opinion

latoyamo83

I will be buying ALL of the products just to support MAC and their decision to team up with Rihanna!!!! None of my business what she does...this is a makeup forum not TMZ forum....

joanita

I have a love/hate thing for Rihanna,I like the music, I don't mind the weed smoking or else I would be a hypocrite, I like her style and she is gorgeous. On the other hand she needs to humble down a lot and also realize that she can do much better than Chris brown and his fake ass bleached out hair and his smug ass. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.