MAC x Rihanna Collection Discussion (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

honey on boost

I will be buying ALL of the products just to support MAC and their decision to team up with Rihanna!!!! None of my business what she does...this is a makeup forum not TMZ forum....
werd.gif

Spectacular

Lol, I think at the end of the day we're all different people, with different opinions and we go through life different. Someone kinda said that a few pages back.

Some people won't agree with Riri being chosen, some folks will love it, and other folks won't care. I think the mistake is in thinking the disapproval of Rihanna for whatever reason is a condemnation of anyone else. MAC knew who she was when they chose her and I've no doubt they're prepared for any and all controversy, drama, issues, etc. But they figure she's worth it, hence the large collection.

That's just how the business rolls, but differing opinions...it's not a big deal.

We don't all have to agree all the time on every single topic for everyone to be happy do we? I doubt it.

MissTT

I don't have Ruby Woo b/c the formula scares me. I don't like to force products to work. I like to slap it on and go. No idea if I'd buy the Rihanna version. Probably not. I'd like to hear feedback/see swatches. I really don't like the jumbo RiRi signature, but Marilyn's collection also had a signature so I can't not buy it b/c of that. Maybe the upcoming collections will be a little different and the signature won't be so prominent.

Spectacular

About Ruby Woo, I think its a great color and the formula actually isn't that bad. I think so long as you moisturize your lips well in general it shouldn't be too nightmarish. I was doing a red lip look two days ago and I found my main concern was simply making sure it was even across my lips (which is what you want with a red) especially around the edges.

I will say I don't think the particular shade is...show stopping. Like its a good solid red and if you never had a red and asked someone for a recommendation, Ruby Woo is a good place to start. But...if you don't have it and you're not dying for it...you're not missing a huge secret.

Beautybuyer

Can't wait to see swatches!! and less arguing :D I commented way earlier but it comes down to product. She's tan so hopefully she'll come out with lots of lipsticks for tan women otherwise lame and ill probably splurge more on the regular collections. I haven't seen it but heard a brush has PINK bristles?! I may have to buy that lol

Naughtyp

I havent read all the comments here yet, but is this the thread for the people who are excited about this and not the ones who want to talk shit about her love life? I used to be a big Rihanna fan, i actually like Rated R album the best, because i was also in an abusive relationship so i could relate to her music. I actually relate to her inmnay ways, like going back to him and smoking weed. She is a grown ass woman, and a very succussful one at that! To all those who say she is a rold model, that is the parents job, not a celebrity. Her recent songs rather annoy me tho, she is on all the time its annoying. She looked beautiful at the grammys, and she rocks her bikinis and baseball hats, she always looks good!
Anyways, i was just wondering why there is two different threads for this?
I am rather excited, i like the look of Riri Woo and will get something from each collection i hope! the holiday set sounds awersome and the fall collection is so pretty, i want to know whats in that compact?! lol Mac is going to give me a break this year it seems!!

aradhana

I don't have Ruby Woo b/c the formula scares me. I don't like to force products to work. I like to slap it on and go. No idea if I'd buy the Rihanna version. Probably not. I'd like to hear feedback/see swatches. I really don't like the jumbo RiRi signature, but Marilyn's collection also had a signature so I can't not buy it b/c of that. Maybe the upcoming collections will be a little different and the signature won't be so prominent.
i didn't find the formula of ruby woo to be that drying on me...but i also don't wear it every day. might be worth getting a little sample to try it out? i think it's kinda unique in the mac range in terms of it's formula, but the look it gives is also unique....
i agree regarding the riri packaging. i'm not a fan of things with random people's autograph on them, but i'm not SO bothered that i wouldn't buy something if i end up liking the product. i think the dame edna collection was the exception for me - i thought the lipsticks were beautiful, but i found the packaging awful, especially the applied stickers...so i missed out on all three of them!

Naughtyp

Oh, I dont have Ruby Woo either, i hear so much about how drying it is, and it doesnt look too amazing, even tho lots of people seem to love it. Maybe i should try it before this Riri Woo comes out, especially since its going to be online only ( except for the holiday set i think). I have a feeling im going to be stalking for each release!

Prettypackages

Lil Kim (drugs, alcohol, abortions, way oversexualized image for back then), Mary J. Blige (drugs, alcohol, committed domestic violence against men), Diana Ross (getting pregnant by your manager and then marrying someone else and not telling your daughter who her father was for a really long time, arrested for weed possession in the airport), Cyndi Lauper (doing drugs and writing songs about drugs), Lady Gaga (cocaine use and smoked weed on stage), Marilyn Monroe (a doozy- drugs, unprofessional, adulterer, mental issues). Those are the ones who readily came to mind. But you know what, I bought and enjoyed all of the products that they promoted.

Now, on to Rihanna. She smokes a lot of weed and got beat up by her boyfriend. I could care less about the weed smoking, but the getting beat up by her boyfriend AND getting back together with him part bothers me. It bothers me because thousands of women do it every day, but Rihanna has the means to get the psychological help to overcome the mental issues that make her want to go back to an abuser. But, she doesn't and I think that's sad. Still, I don't think she should be punished for being a domestic violence victim. And, all I KNOW is, is that I can't wait to see this collection. That bluer Ruby Woo is mine!

Off Topic- I'd really like to see a Naomi Campbell "collection." Either from MAC or NARS. I hope that's in the works.
That would be hot! But she's a jerk, so... ;-)

latoyamo83

On another note....I seen her using a MAC lipstick when she getting ready to sit down on the couch and talk to Oprah (the Oprah special she had just a few months back) and I knew something was brewing..... something was telling me she was getting ready to collab with MAC.... I just want to know the color story of each collection....lets all get back to makeup...no more arguing please...pretty please with tears in my eyes, I beg of thee...lol

Prettypackages

Hmm...ok. Beyonce married a man who has been accused of domestic violence toward women and stabbing a man. That's what we know. Yet, she's very smart about not putting her life on display, so there's a lot we don't know. Unfortunately for Rihanna, she got beaten by a man and the world found out about it. Now, instead of just being a victim, she can be also be villainized along with Chris Brown because she got back together with him.
and he is an ex drug dealer and too part in ruining his community. To which he got paid to brag about... which we can say continues to destroy communities by promoting drug culture and derogatory images of women.

I'm not on one side or the other on this debate. Just throwing things in there to show, we can find something to say about ANYONE. I'm fortunate enough to be at an age where I don't base my life around celebs, hell I HATE the current music that gets played on the radio, and dont have young kids I need to mold. So I don't care one way or the other about them. Except for makeup tips when I see pictures. I'm sad Rhiana went back with Chris, not for the sake of showing the right thing for others, but for her own mental health.

Prettypackages

I'm excited about it. Because of the packaging, and Rhiana's love for MAC, I'm hoping this collex brings back what we miss and loved about collex in the past And is not just a bunch of the same ol thing.
Oh my! I'm just finding out about this like 5 minutes ago. Ain't nobody worrying about Rihanna and her life. Right now it's about this makeup for me. Sounds like some nice stuff might be in this collection and right now I'm feeling like....

Michelemu21

I really like the mu in the RS magazine. So simple and flawless.
thanks for posting those! the top one was my fave. here's another couple:
http://mediajuicejoint.com/2012/04/rihanna-sporting-shaved-head/  

http://www.thenigerianreporter.com/...a-rolling-stone-cover-thenigerianreporter.jpg i didn't find the formula of ruby woo to be that drying on me...but i also don't wear it every day. might be worth getting a little sample to try it out? i think it's kinda unique in the mac range in terms of it's formula, but the look it gives is also unique.... i agree regarding the riri packaging. i'm not a fan of things with random people's autograph on them, but i'm not SO bothered that i wouldn't buy something if i end up liking the product. i think the dame edna collection was the exception for me - i thought the lipsticks were beautiful, but i found the packaging awful, especially the applied stickers...so i missed out on all three of them!

HoneyMilk

I'd buy it if it wasn't a Rihanna collection. Just like the Nicki stuff... Ugh. I don't like her, I don't respect her, but that's just me. More for everyone else!

I do think that this partnership is a very financially wise decision for both Mac and Rihanna. There are no losers in this collaboration. Mac needs to stay current and trendy with the younger crowd I suppose... I guess we should be happy that this isn't a One Direction collab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts