MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

montREALady

Re belk. My order did not go through but my card has a pending so I called cs.
of course, my order did not go through and everything is sold out but the cs rep said that they will be restocking every hour . He saks they are releasing it in phases as not to overwhelm the system (!)
Don't know if it's true but that's what he told me.

This is straight up torture. Did your Bloomies order go through? I can't afford to mess with Belk and they hold funds in my bank account and can't process the order! I know it will drop off but that's so annoying!

Tarabotti

So........what snacks/drinks will you have with you tonight/ tomorrow when you are standing in line (on line?) for Selena? I get nervous just thinking about it.

I asked my favorite MAC counter if they were getting the collection and if there was a limit- they said yes and it was the usual limit -12 per sku. They might want to rethink that......

montREALady

Ok, truth: I never knew Aaliyah until after she died... But I get the appeal, I think she was a bright star and on her way to becoming something really, really big... I hope Aaliyah fans get their collection and not a Fuster cluck like Selena did.

As a Selena fan, I am pissed at the way this launch was understocked and handled. I did get my three ítems and didn't really bother trying for the rest after all the madness ensued. :mad:

Same for me and Selena, I didn't really know about her until after she died, better yet, the movie (which I loved). I agree about how this was handled.

montREALady

My Macy's shipped, eta of the 12th as per their website. Didn't get an email but checked online, no tracking # but in my USPS account I see something shipping from MD so it can't be the 12th. We'll see.

Just got the email, wasn't the package above but I now have a tracking #.

dcarrington

Just seeing this gave me anxiety. And it's not like it's something I was desperate for

• Merchandise Total:
    $17.00​
  • Shipping:
    $9.50​
  • Estimated Order Total:
    $26.50

Smh. Yup. Thats ridiculous. Thats why I backed away. I feel like getting a backup of AP but with that shipping, No.

borinquena

So........what snacks/drinks will you have with you tonight/ tomorrow when you are standing in line (on line?) for Selena? I get nervous just thinking about it.

I asked my favorite MAC counter if they were getting the collection and if there was a limit- they said yes and it was the usual limit -12 per sku. They might want to rethink that......

Im not going but at this point I would bring vodka

Ozymandias

Shipping should be free for all beauty at belk. I think I read somewhere that they will remove it if you contact them.

singer82

I love me some Selena. But this is nuts! I pretty much have colors like this already. So I'm not too stressed about it. I'm just not going to lose sleep for MAC anymore. The holiday collection looks promising. And Sephora will have thier sale soon. Sorry Selena, MAC has a way of ruining a good thing by not having enough stock. And I'm quite sick of it.

Last edited:

stirfryedshana

I think MAC probably did this purposefully to build up more hype, just like they used to do. They knew how huge this collection was going to be and how much stock they should need.