MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

GreenEyedAllie

I got a lot of compliments on Amor Prohibido today and even with it being a glaze it help up great. I compared Amor Prohibido with Boca from Julia Petit (another of my favorites) bc I feel like AP reminds me a lot of Boca. If Boca didn't oxidize to a pink base it would almost be AP. Here's some comparisons, in swatches they look different but on the lips (on me at least) and in the tubes I think they're very similar. I love this type of shade

View attachment 56751
View attachment 56752

It makes me think of Boca, too! And I agree that the difference in color is less pronounced on my lips. Boca is slightly more pink.

Eugenie is way different from DOY on me.

Ajigglin

She's fallen on some hard times and wasn't going to be able to afford anything after she lost her job and her car got totaled a few weeks ago when a lady side swiped her when she was going home from picking up her little girl from school. She really wanted those 3 items and is a HUGE Selena fan and I thought it'd be a nice thing to do for her. She was still going to try using a Visa gift card, but I told her she should use it for groceries or something, ya know?

You are a wonderful friend. I haven't caught up yet, but I hope you were successful. Even if you weren't, your effort is admirable.

So I had to purposely stay away and ignore this collex. Was it the typical mac LE launch? I saw a bunch of random non mac people complaining on facebook and etc.
And sorry, no, I don't want to get caught up on 20 pages. Lol

Girl, this fuckery is on par with the old days. I'm impressed at the new and innovative ways this launch was botched.

Prettypackages

I'm still trying to get Como La Flor. What's your secret? Lol
Oh man I didn't mean to imply I had any other secrets than we have here. But the people I've seen complaining only knew about mac's site and stores. They Didn't know they were going to need to stalk in the first place. They didn't know to stalk other sites. No one knows about Belk. They don't know how to stalk/find stuff on the sites and they didn't know that this is how it goes for MAC LE releases. They also seemed to be clueless about in store releases.
I'll be at my local store tomorrow, and I'm not sure how early I need to be there or if i should just call. Or do I.... nah holding that secret in. LOL

Actually I agree with you both on this.

I feel like even though I have been a Specktra peep for a few years, it has only been in the last year I have been a real, contributing member of the forum! Meaning I am sharing, commenting, posting, having conversations with people, and now liking/thanking for posts (Thank you mods for bringing that back!!! :thanx:)

The real benefit of this forum is not so much the tips of how & where & when to stalk, but that those of us really participating have a shared love of all things pretty! If you do not contribute, than you really are not getting the true benefits of being here! At least that's how it goes in my makeup obsessed brain!
:crazy::fly::roflmao::scram:
That's exactly how it goes. Lol
You are a wonderful friend. I haven't caught up yet, but I hope you were successful. Even if you weren't, your effort is admirable.

Girl, this fuckery is on par with the old days. I'm impressed at the new and innovative ways this

Im too lazy (on my phone) to go back and fix this quote, but I can't even imagine. I'm at a loss for words.

Oh yeah and you guys knew I wouldn't be able to stay away. LOL

I also wonder if this collex will be less popular in certain areas. Like if highschool age kids want it, will they be in the burbs or downtown?

I lucked up on Julia Petit by calling, what some would consider a popular area here. They had everything.

Last edited:

Tknappe

I had been stalking mac.com but couldn't buy becuz I was simply seduced. Kept trying and then on Saturday morning it let me get one doy. I couldn't get anything from the regular launches.

borinquena

Oh man I didn't mean to imply I had any other secrets than we have here. But the people I've seen complaining only knew about mac's site and stores. They Didn't know they were going to need to stalk in the first place. They didn't know to stalk other sites. No one knows about Belk. They don't know how to stalk/find stuff on the sites and they didn't know that this is how it goes for MAC LE releases. They also seemed to be clueless about in store releases.
I'll be at my local store tomorrow, and I'm not sure how early I need to be there or if i should just call. Or do I.... nah holding that secret in. LOL
:eek:

lol! I remember when it was forbidden to write 'Belk' here :D

Uptownbackinit

There's been a petition for what feels like forever (to me!) Sign it!:
Petition * MAC Cosmetics, Estee Lauder: To release a "Aaliyah for MAC" Limited Edition collection #AaliyahForMAC * Change.org

"**This Campaign is officially supported by: Aaliyah's Brother Rashad Haughton, Aaliyah LLC, Aaliyah's official twitter: @aaliyahhaughton , Missy Elliott @Missyelliott, Aaliyah's glam squad: Makeup Artist: Eric Ferrell, Hairstylist Tre Major, and Fashion Stylist Derek Lee. As well as supported by media and beauty outlets: BET, Allure Magazine, Dazed Magazine, Trendmood, British designer Hayden Williams, Specktra, The Source Magazine, The Fader, MTV, Jet Magazine, Look Magazine, Vogue Espana, Power 105.1 Radio, Hello Giggles, Monie Love, Galore Magazine, Fashionista, Seventeen Magazine, Clutch Magazine, Oyster Magazine, Huffington Post, Michigan Chronicle, Malibudollface, 104.1 the beat, playtime, Cracked magazine etc. As well as the beauty, fashion, and Aaliyah communities! "

Signed :)

I didnt realize that all those stars and media outlets supported this petition. Ugh, thats it. Mac Aaliyah will be a mascara. It will be...smh. I just need to be sure to still be a Mac devoted or obsessed member when that collection come around. Missy Elliot (why wouldn't she support, duh) and Eric Ferrell!?!?

I would hope Missy would be apart of it.

Uptownbackinit

I feel super bad for the huge Selena Fans whom aren't familiar with Mac's launches. Especially one's of old. Who never even got the chance to get anything. Mac always up to their great ways and high demand collections and few products.

Scorpio69

I received my bloomies order AND my nordstroms order. Very happy although I paid overnight shipping. Was not going to take any chances.
now I need back ups!! Especially of the lipsticks
i called around and it sounds it's going to be cray cray
my local Mac Pro said macys has received the most inventory , then nordstroms.
take it with a grain of salt , with this collection who knows!

LiliV

I honestly feel like tomorrow is Black Friday w all the tension around this launch! Good luck to everyone braving the stores!

Latest posts