MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

LauraLara

Um, my family is Mexicana, del norte, we ARE Selena. Like we all still know all the words to all her songs and do them for karaoke in my aunts living room. We do cumbia norteña in the salsa club like it's okay. I would be betraying my whole family if I didn't get stuff from this collection :D

LipstickNChill

I can never have too many reds. I am so excited for this collection. Love that dreaming song of hers the best! Reminds me of when I was a teen, first crush, puppy love...

LauraLara

No, not at all. It was a completely tragic way to die.
I just can't even think about it. She deserved better, and she was so good for the world. Such a wonderful person. Do you all still listen to her brothers's music? A.B. Quintanilla III Y Los Kumbia Kings, at first I couldn't because it made me sad, but they're really amazing. And I want to support her family. No Tengo Dinero was stuck in my head all day yesterday.

LauraLara

I just checked back into this thread after several weeks and started tearing up again. It's not like I knew her personally, why does it make me so extra sad? I've been listening to her music most of my life, and her brother's music still, but seriously it was some work to not cry about it when listening. It must be because of the movie, because it was really sad anyway, but then when they made that movie and it was really good and I was at a super-impressionable age...

My husband always gets mad because I say her name with the correct pronunciation (we're both Spanish speakers but he's mexican and I'm not) because she was an american and said her name like "Selina", and her brothers all say it like that too. I suppose I should say it like SHE said it. But I'm too stubborn to tell my husband he was right :p

I've had this one song of her brothers' in my head the entire month (it's like top 3 for songs that are stuck in my head most frequently) "no tengo dinero ni nada que dar, lo unico que tengo es amor para amar, si tu me quieres, te puedo querer, pero si no me quieres ni modo que hacer!" Seriously listen to it, I don't want to be the only one wandering around singing it all over town like a crazy person.

flowerflower

I can't wait for this collection neither. "Como la flor" is a beautiful song and I would gues that one product would be named 'como la flor". It is such a pretty name for a lipstick or eye shadow. "bidi bidi bom bom" would be a fun name for an item as well.

Corally

I just checked back into this thread after several weeks and started tearing up again. It's not like I knew her personally, why does it make me so extra sad? I've been listening to her music most of my life, and her brother's music still, but seriously it was some work to not cry about it when listening. It must be because of the movie, because it was really sad anyway, but then when they made that movie and it was really good and I was at a super-impressionable age...

My husband always gets mad because I say her name with the correct pronunciation (we're both Spanish speakers but he's mexican and I'm not) because she was an american and said her name like "Selina", and her brothers all say it like that too. I suppose I should say it like SHE said it. But I'm too stubborn to tell my husband he was right :p

I've had this one song of her brothers' in my head the entire month (it's like top 3 for songs that are stuck in my head most frequently) "no tengo dinero ni nada que dar, lo unico que tengo es amor para amar, si tu me quieres, te puedo querer, pero si no me quieres ni modo que hacer!" Seriously listen to it, I don't want to be the only one wandering around singing it all over town like a crazy person.

I know what you mean. I have the same thing with Paul Walker and Heath Ledger, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Can't even watch a movie with them in it and not get sad.

kirstw91

I know what you mean. I have the same thing with Paul Walker and Heath Ledger, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Can't even watch a movie with them in it and not get sad.

I loved Paul Walker, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any movies that he has been in since he died, I know I'd end up crying my eyes out.
I always end up being really sad whenever I listen/watch certain Nirvava songs, especially the Unplugged versions. Kurt Cobain was such a huge influence on my life growing up, I love his music and I even ended up naming my puppy after him (Cobain).
Even though we didn't know the artists personally, we let them into our lives, by listening to their music during the good times and the bad times and having happy memories whilst enjoying their work.

flowerflower

It is interesting how we can mourn for someone who we didnt know personally. My mom was so sad when Princess Di passed away. God, she was doing so much good in this world, especially in regards to HIV patients and the removal of land mines in former war zones. Selena was so young talented and kind to her fans. It is a big loss. One of my favorite movies is Selena starring Jennifer Lopez. Shortly after the movie was released, her parents came onto oprah for an interview. God, her parents sadness had me almost tearing up. Cant imagine their loss. Selena and Aliyaah were both young stars taken way too soon- I hope they both get a MAC collection, well, selena's collection is at least confirmed.

Corally

I loved Paul Walker, I haven't been able to bring myself to watch any movies that he has been in since he died, I know I'd end up crying my eyes out.
I always end up being really sad whenever I listen/watch certain Nirvava songs, especially the Unplugged versions. Kurt Cobain was such a huge influence on my life growing up, I love his music and I even ended up naming my puppy after him (Cobain).
Even though we didn't know the artists personally, we let them into our lives, by listening to their music during the good times and the bad times and having happy memories whilst enjoying their work.

I didn't want to go to Fast & Furious 7 when it got released because I knew it'd be the last movie with him it. I eventually went and cried my eyes out at the end. And I wasn't the only one..

And that's nice that your named your dog after Kurt! I think he has been a big influence to many people.

kirstw91

I didn't want to go to Fast & Furious 7 when it got released because I knew it'd be the last movie with him it. I eventually went and cried my eyes out at the end. And I wasn't the only one..

And that's nice that your named your dog after Kurt! I think he has been a big influence to many people.

I haven't watched it yet, normally me and my brother would go to see the Fast and Furious movies but I just couldn't bring myself to go and see it, I think it's because once I see F&F 7 then that'll be it, I'll never see any new movies with Paul in ever again. I may watch it someday.

I already decided on his name a year before I got him, there was no other name for him.

verorl

I still can't hear one of her songs without getting teary eyed, especially "Como la flor". I was in high school when she was murdered and people in my city still have Selena bumper stickers on the back of their cars. The love people have for her is real. Hope MAC does her justice, very excited!!!

I was living in Laredo at the time of her death, and the way the city was paralyzed with grief was amazing and so sad.

I don't like Tejano music, but I LOVE Selena! I got married in 1994, and they played a lot of her songs at my wedding!