MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Athomasgsu

I really hope MAC makes plenty of stock. All fans should be able to purchase what they want without mass hysteria. They seem to feed off of it. My coworker and I are already planning on taking the day off when it releases in store and are getting a game plan together!

montREALady

Yeah and those colors in the purple tube don't jive with my image or representation of her...aren't they in the purple fam? She was a red girl.

LiliV

I'm not expecting to see any prototypes until well into next year, like May earliest. I don't get why so many people are all up in a tizzy every week about how they're disappointed with the packaging based on rumors and fan made mock up photos lol it's way too early!!! I see so many people on Instagram upset over it and I'm like there will be a red lipstick, don't worry! Lol Mac said late 2016 and even when we get sneak peaks I really don't think it would be more than a year ahead of time and only a few weeks after the concept was announced. I can't even believe Mac announced it so early, I think that was only because they wanted to let the petitioners know it worked All that being said though I do love the purple tubes (one of my fav colors!) but I definitely don't think they're part of this collection. The purple-ish color along w the tube shade make me maybe think of something more like All About Orange but with special packaging

Vineetha

That's a rumour started by TM, nothing has been confirmed by any source!
girlhaha.gif
Next will be MAC X TM because it is Purple

Ana A

March or April would be good months for her collection release since she passed away in March and she was an April baby, nevertheless I think its too early for us to be seeing packaging and or color story.

RupaulManiac

They better not! I'm not looking forward to the packaging because MAC always somehow f*cks it up. But would dream of seeing a tube like this:

and this

With her classic red lipstick!
There's a picture of a metallic purple lipstick tube going around and people believe it could be part of the Selena collection. I don't know though, the collection is supposed to be in 2016 and it was just announced recently, I'm not sure how likely it is that they already have some products produced and some samples given out.
shrugs.gif

It's really pretty though! Was totally into it until the possibility of it being part of this collection came about. It's so nice, but I think there should be a bit more to the packaging for a Selena collection so I'm hoping they're wrong.

Honi

There's a picture of a metallic purple lipstick tube going around and people believe it could be part of the Selena collection. I don't know though, the collection is supposed to be in 2016 and it was just announced recently, I'm not sure how likely it is that they already have some products produced and some samples given out.
shrugs.gif

It's really pretty though! Was totally into it until the possibility of it being part of this collection came about. It's so nice, but I think there should be a bit more to the packaging for a Selena collection so I'm hoping they're wrong.
We've discussed this a bit in the "Upcoming collections buzz" thread but it seems to be an overall consensus that A: Her name would be on it (Like all other celeb collections). B: It's way too early for samples if it's to release during late 2016. Who knows though? The packaging is beautiful either way.