MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

JulieDiva

sooo excited! I also hope they don't drop the ball, like with other collections. I adored Selena, and was so sad when she died.

Howards End

Hope it's not going to be like 1 red lippy, fake lashes, and penultimate liner or black track f/l.
OMG so true! All they have to do is YouTube her concert videos and they will see plenty of ideas for at least 4 or 5 lipstick shades! I wouldn't mind classic black packaging with her signature on the actual lipstick, a la RiRi

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hope it's not going to be like 1 red lippy, fake lashes, and penultimate liner or black track f/l.
I can't imagine it being that small after they made this big announcement and with so many people being crazy excited for it. I picture it to be similar to the Pedro Lorenco collection in size, maybe even product wise. Like maybe a neutral quad, two lipsticks (red and nude), nail polish, lip pencils and then maybe 1-2 cheek products (blush and a beauty powder / CCB / highlighter of some sort). Plus eyeliner, mascara and maybe a brush. Or maybe it will even be Marylin collection sized.
I'm sure it will have special packaging as well.

Howards End

I hope it's 4-5 ORIGINAL lipsticks 90's brown red (Cristina talk show interview) Fuchsia like she wore in her final concert Raspberry (Tejano Music Awards) Nude, Classic Red Brow product Blushes Looking at her concerts her makeup emphasized brows, cheeks and lips

awickedshape

Mac doesn't seem to be interested in making a lot of money off of their collections. If they did they would produce more product. More product means more money. Less product means less money than they could have made.
I can't jump through those MAC hoops.

ForeverJenn

I'll buy everything. I love her. Im so happy about this collection. It was one I wish mac would make and they did:

Erica53094

I had her cross over cd when I was 16. My first cd I got. Visited her grave in Corpus Christi and yes saw the Lopez film Selena. This collection is highly anticipated and I'm betting will sell out quickly!

Marsha Pomells

I had her cross over cd when I was 16. My first cd I got. Visited her grave in Corpus Christi and yes saw the Lopez film Selena. This collection is highly anticipated and I'm betting will sell out quickly!
I hope her fans get to this collection before the sharks do

Tahlia

I don't think many people know of Selena in Australia, besides the Hispanic community of course, so fingers crossed it won't sell out fast and there's something that's actually worth buying. No dodgy collections please MAC!

Lipsnliner

I hope they allow for in put from her sister Suzette so it's more personal and it is an official "Selena" collection. She knew what her sister loved
heart.gif

Howards End

There are so many concerts of hers on YouTube with close ups where you can clearly see her makeup, I myself could come up with at least 5 distinct lipstick shades, easily