MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

NaomiH

I'm seriously hoping that by the time this is out it will be a totally new site. I cannot deal w the current site and for a huge launch like RiRi or Marilyn I think it'll put me in the crazy house. That site isn't prepared for a fraction of what this launch will probably be
I hope the same as well because if it's still this crappy by next year, I'm going to have to pull a slumber party in my car outside the MAC store. Lol

NaomiH

I'm guessing it will be crazy in the US but I doubt it for Scandinavia. I didn't know who she was and my friends don't seem to know either. Riri was ridiculous here lol.
I agree, she was huge here in the US and Mexico so it's going to be tough to get our hands on her items here. I'm thinking it's going to be super hard here in Texas since she was a Texas girl and everyone just loved her

Tarabotti

I'm surprised that people didn't know who Selena is but then again I don't know half of people that MAC has collaborated with lately.

Has it really been 20 years since she was murdered?

I predict that MAC Selena will be hugely popular (more popular than Marilyn and RiRi). You have MAC fans, Selena fans, Ebay sellers etc..all competing for those red lipsticks (you know that there has to be at least one red lipstick!). I think that it will even sell well in places where she is not well known, what with people trying to get their hands on anything with Selena's name on it.

MAC is finally going to have to fix their crappy website.

Asphyxia

So excited for this collection. I grew up in Corpus Christi, and I will never forget that awful day she was taken from us. I'm so happy my hometown girl's memory is still alive. Aside from a red lipstick, I hope MAC creates a pinky nude like in these photos.

MissBeautyBunni

cheerleader.gif
Watched the Selena Movie hundreds of times as a kid and fell in love with her! I'm totally here for this collection.

OctoberViolet

So excited for this collection. I grew up in Corpus Christi, and I will never forget that awful day she was taken from us. I'm so happy my hometown girl's memory is still alive. Aside from a red lipstick, I hope MAC creates a pinky nude like in these photos.

RIP to such an amazing singer, dancer, beautiful soul and gorgeous woman. She
had natural talent and pure beauty.

PS: I would love for a pinky nude. The one she's wearing is gorgeous.

Howards End

[COLOR=9933FF]So excited for this collection. I grew up in Corpus Christi, and I will never forget that awful day she was taken from us. I'm so happy my hometown girl's memory is still alive. Aside from a red lipstick, I hope MAC creates a pinky nude like in these photos. [/COLOR]  
That 2nd pic could be a MAC ad, could Selena not embody more of the heart of the brand? This is wonderful Selena deserves this honor and homage

Daftpink

Extremely excited, as a little girl I used to imitate her. Her body, hair, face, she was everything. MAC thank you for representing the latin community. I will spend all my monies on the collection.

Dominique33

We Latino people love Selena. She is a staple in Mex-Tex music and brought two cultures together. She was assesinated by her manager at 23.  [COLOR=252525]Selena Quintanilla-Pérez[/COLOR][COLOR=252525] (April 16, 1971 – March 31, 1995), known by the [/COLOR]mononym [COLOR=252525] [/COLOR][COLOR=252525]Selena[/COLOR][COLOR=252525], was an American singer, songwriter, spokesperson, actress, and fashion designer. Called the [/COLOR]Queen of Tejano music [COLOR=252525], her contributions to music and fashion made her one of the most celebrated [/COLOR]Mexican American [COLOR=252525] entertainers of the late 20th century. [/COLOR]Billboard magazine [COLOR=252525] named her the "top Latin artist of the '90s", the "best selling Latin artist of the decade". She is often called the "Mexican American equivalent" of [/COLOR]Madonna [COLOR=252525] for her clothing choices, by media outlets.[/COLOR][COLOR=252525][SUP][a] [/SUP][/COLOR][COLOR=252525] She also ranks among the most influential Latin artists of all-time and is credited for catapulting a music genre into [/COLOR]mainstream [COLOR=252525].[/COLOR][COLOR=252525][SUP][6] [/SUP][/COLOR][COLOR=252525][SUP][7]  (from Wiki)[/SUP][/COLOR]
Thank you I had never heard of her before, This collection sounds interesting .

ohsoamazin

I'm so excited for this collection!.... You can't help but watch the movie every time it comes on TV? I hope they create a great design for packaging because she was also known for her style in fashion. She deserves more than a simple plain type packaging. My favorite part in the movie is when J-Lo switched to the different outfits.

Vandekamp

Mac doesn't seem to be interested in making a lot of money off of their collections. If they did they would produce more product. More product means more money. Less product means less money than they could have made.