MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Jayjayy

Maaaan I'm so glad for MAC's rewards program that let me shop early because people are out here acting a damn fool :rotfl:I just picked up one Dreaming of You lipstick. I have to admit, its kind of reminiscent of old MAC for a release to be insane.

Ajigglin

Maaaan I'm so glad for MAC's rewards program that let me shop early because people are out here acting a damn fool :rotfl:I just picked up one Dreaming of You lipstick. I have to admit, its kind of reminiscent of old MAC for a release to be insane.

It's a mess. The difference now is that there are too many alternatives out there, so MAC is still on a short leash.
At least there are many other retailers carrying this collection, so people need to stop doing too much.

Asphyxia

I agree that Mac pre-shoppers should've been allowed to get at least two units that way we didn't have to stalk again or mess with the general launch. Or, they could've limited one product per unit for everyone during the pre-sale and general sale. I will most likely stalk Nordies tonight. My mom is so upset that she didn't get her products. TBH, I will most likely give her my collection from the pre-sale if I can't get my hands on another set.

Last edited:

bluelitzer

Didn't Selena die because the president of her fan club killed her? That's not greed. That's mental instability.
That Instagram post makes no damn sense at all.

There was a Snapped episode a week or two ago that went in full detail how she was killed and the motive behind her murder. The prosecutors and defense and an author of her biography were interviewed. Yolanda was taking the money the fans sent her for official merchandise, but were not sending them any of the promised stuff. The people started contacting her father and that's where they found out about her scam. They met at a Days Inn Hotel where Yolanda apparently promised Selena to hand over papers but she never did. She was pissed that she was kicked out of Selena's inner circle and tried to get back in. Selena refused and said she couldn't trust her again. That's when Yolanda shot her. Selena managed to run away to the hotel lobby. A maid at the hotel said she saw Yolanda yell "BITCH!" as she aimed for her in the corridor but Selena turned the corner and disappeared.

If that's not greed I don't know what is.

A "crazy person" who would set up an insanity defense must not be able to distingush right from wrong. If she couldn't tell right from wrong why was she bawling that she killed "her best friend" in the car? A real "crazy person" would most likely been indifferent or feel no remorse or guilt. Why would they if they just can't see the wrong in their action?

But hey, in any case you are definitely free to believe what you want. This is the last thing I'm going to say about it. I'm here for the makeup, and that's all I care about. Everything else couldn't matter any less to me. :sunshine::whistle: :)

Last edited:

Scorpio69

Does nordstroms usually release around 12am PST , I seem to remember around some god awful time (pst ) for the Osborne collection.

Haven

If I am already awake when the collection launches on Nordstrom, then I will try for my backup ls and gifts I was trying to get.

I feel bad for fans who have been waiting for this collection and weren't able to purchase anything. Yet the scalpers on eBay got multiples of products. Definately not fair.

Last edited:

DeAnn Smith

Hello lovelies!

I was in NYC last week and even though Devoted I didn't feel like messing with early ordering while out of town. Dumb me. I did go by the flaghship store in Times Square on Thursday and, man, the workers there were a hot mess. Anyway, I should have ordered yesterday and I didn't cause had to work and then go straight to an Octoberfest celebration. So huge remorse. HUGE> Now I'm ready to order and the Glaze lipstick is out. WAH! Oh my God, I sat down to order the eyeshadow that I wanted and thought I'd have no problem getting ...and see ENTIRE COLLECTION IS GONE!! WHOAH. I knew I was missing out on the lipglass but I thought I'd be able to get my lipstick and eyeshadow since both were still available yesterday. Hoping for a good restock or Nordstrom's.

verorl

She was stealing from Selena, so when Selena went to confront her, she killed her. Greed was involved.

DeAnn Smith

Oh heck to the no! Mac just told me that they cannot refund my shipping because they don't allow free shipping with LE collections!! What in the fresh hell is this??

Catching up on this mammoth thread...but that's a damn lie. I had two Star Trek orders and got two-day shipping and one Trolls order and got two-day shipping. All for free.

Ajigglin

There was a Snapped episode a week or two ago that went in full detail how she was killed and the motive behind her murder. The prosecutors and defense and an author of her biography were interviewed. Yolanda was taking the money the fans sent her for official merchandise, but were not sending them any of the promised stuff. The people started contacting her father and that's where they found out about her scam. They met at a Days Inn Hotel where Yolanda apparently promised Selena to hand over papers but she never did. She was pissed that she was kicked out of Selena's inner circle and tried to get back in. Selena refused and said she couldn't trust her again. That's when Yolanda shot her. Selena managed to run away to the hotel lobby. A maid at the hotel said she saw Yolanda yell "BITCH!" as she aimed for her in the corridor but Selena turned the corner and disappeared.

If that's not greed I don't know what is.

A "crazy person" who would set up an insanity defense must not be able to distingush right from wrong. If she couldn't tell right from wrong why was she bawling that she killed "her best friend" in the car? A real "crazy person" would most likely been indifferent or feel no remorse or guilt. Why would they if they just can't see the wrong in their action?

But hey, in any case you are definitely free to believe what you want. This is the last thing I'm going to say about it. I'm here for the makeup, and that's all I care about. Everything else couldn't matter any less to me. :sunshine::whistle: :)

I'm sure it doesn't matter. That's why you wrote an essay on the topic...
Your use of "crazy person" is talking about a sociopath. Sociopaths don't have feelings. Mental illness runs a spectrum, so that second large paragraph isn't really relevant.
Perhaps she wasn't crazy at all. I certainly don't know for sure, but it sounds crazy to me to take someone's life over money. I will say this, though-comparing not being able to get lipstick to someone being murdered is disrespectful at best. The two are nowhere near similar. The Instagram poster was wrong for that. Period.

Miss Dynamite

I'm sure it doesn't matter. That's why you wrote an essay on the topic...
Your use of "crazy person" is talking about a sociopath. Sociopaths don't have feelings. Mental illness runs a spectrum, so that second large paragraph isn't really relevant.
Perhaps she wasn't crazy at all. I certainly don't know for sure, but it sounds crazy to me to take someone's life over money. I will say this, though-comparing not being able to get lipstick to someone being murdered is disrespectful at best. The two are nowhere near similar. The Instagram poster was wrong for that. Period.

That Instagram poster was me and no...what is disrespectful is greedy people who buy up this collection in an attempt to steal money from fans of a beautiful singer who was murdered due to the same kind of greed that these nasty thieves are showing. It's not just about the makeup...it's about who the collection is honoring and these people trying to exploit her real fans...the same exact thing that Yolanda did. Selena's fans meant everything to her and she would be saddened by these people trying to rip them off if she were still alive. Usually I just ignore the Ebay trash who try to sell things for 10x the price, but when it comes to this collection, it REALLY pisses me off.

pretty_melody

The eyeshadows are up on saks if anyones looking to get them.

I just want the other two lipsticks and theres no option to choose a color for them.

Kaidan

My order with Dreaming of You shipped. ^^ I'd really like to have No Me Queda Más, Missing My Baby, Amor Prohibido, and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom but the odds are completely against me. Nordstrom launches too early (I'll be totally asleep and then have class at 7am), and the store release will be chaos because Selena's music was big in Puerto Rico and I'll be in college for most of the day. ;_;

The people who are selling this collection in particular at EBay and Instagram with inflated prices are shameless and vile. Greed is an ugly face inside and out.