MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

montREALady

Yeah, over time it has been discussed on here that counters are notorious for being low of inventory to begin with. It is especially bad that what they do get also includes the employees getting first pick (they have to get from the store inventory too, not a separate stock) so by the time the store opens they might have one of the more popular items left. MAC should be ashamed of themselves.

The last time I had to go in store on launch day to get something (due to the horrible crashing MAC site) was Frank-n-Furter from Rocky Horror. It wasn't too bad. Just make sure you get there earlier.
Yup, and dept stores have clients they pre-sell to.

WOW! Cannot remember the frenzy and sell out of a MAC collection in a long time! :shocked:
I know right??

I hope so too! Most of the collection is still available on Mac Canada. I think it may be possible to call and place and order to the US.
Yeah I ended up ordering DOY on the Canadian site on Saturday to ship to my sis. To everyone (I know you know Lipstick):their customer service closes early during the week though, like 5pm! If you call after that it's redirected to the US call center and they can't place Canadian orders. They can only help with password resets.

I'm still wondering who the hell it sold out to...the website didn't work at all until after the collection was sold out. I couldn't load any pages, no sign in button, nothing.
The regular ppl with bots who dominate eBay with overpriced items :rolleyes:

All I want to get is AP and BBB. Kind of tired and frustrated. Unfortunately for me, nordies usually launches at like 3am in my time zone so I doubt I'll be able to snag them :|

Me too so I usually get up if I really want something.

montREALady

Did anybody receive shipping confirmation yet?
Yes, I only ordered during presale though.

If MAC select members were limited to one item to ensure that 'stock would be available to everyone', there should have been a limit of 1 or 2 per customer. It's not going to happen but they should cancel orders for more than 3 for each item.

In the future, MAC should allow Select members to buy more than one item each during a presale (especially if there is no limit during the regular launch). Your valued customers get what they want and this removes at least some people from trying to buy during the general launch.
At the very least they should be consistent. Jeez. The 1 limit was ridic because we're still stalking if we wanted to get gifts so the Select perk goes out the window.

And thanks, MAC, for directing people to other sites so ebay sellers can get even more stock to sell. :mad:
I think they did it to console those who couldn't get it. I was surprised but tbh, those eBay ppl know exactly where to get it, they're pros. Plus it's the usual merchants.

I noticed they changed the website to now say this:
"Thank you so much for helping M·A·C and the Quintanilla family honor Selena! Now get ready to continue the tribute in M·A·C and partner stores from 10/6. FIND A STORE"

Yes. I have one package coming tomorrow and one Tuesday.
Same, but 1 today and 2 on Tuesday.

Hello lovelies!

I was in NYC last week and even though Devoted I didn't feel like messing with early ordering while out of town. Dumb me. I did go by the flaghship store in Times Square on Thursday and, man, the workers there were a hot mess. Anyway, I should have ordered yesterday and I didn't cause had to work and then go straight to an Octoberfest celebration. So huge remorse. HUGE> Now I'm ready to order and the Glaze lipstick is out. WAH! Oh my God, I sat down to order the eyeshadow that I wanted and thought I'd have no problem getting ...and see ENTIRE COLLECTION IS GONE!! WHOAH. I knew I was missing out on the lipglass but I thought I'd be able to get my lipstick and eyeshadow since both were still available yesterday. Hoping for a good restock or Nordstrom's.

Yup, that MAC is a mess indeed.

Last edited:

KGeezy

Is anyone stalking belk or dillards in the meantime before Nordies launches? I keep refreshing both sites lol, I'm not too familiar with the launch times for either one tho.

Asphyxia

I'm stalking Nordies right now. I've never stalked them before. I hope it goes up around 2 AM CST, which is midnight PST.

Asphyxia

Not sure if someone has mentioned this already, but I read on MAC's facebook that Nordstrom will have BBBB lg. I just hope this is a smooth shopping experience.

nasquiat

Not sure if someone has mentioned this already, but I read on MAC's facebook that Nordstrom will have BBBB lg. I just hope this is a smooth shopping experience.

Ah, that's great! I'm thinking of getting a BU. Any swatches recently?

laurennnxox

Sometimes it goes live a bit after 3am est. I think I remember the summer collection going up about 30 mins later.

That being said, do I need any of the shadows? Hehehe. Been contemplating them but unsure if I should.

KGeezy

ok so on Dillards the Selena banner is there but once you click on it, it says it's not available for internet purchase

Miss Dynamite

Sometimes it goes live a bit after 3am est. I think I remember the summer collection going up about 30 mins later.

That being said, do I need any of the shadows? Hehehe. Been contemplating them but unsure if I should.

I think everybody needs Selena eyeshadow...it's such a beautiful purple, I have TONS of purple eyeshadows and it's different from all of them.