MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

NaomiH

Well,I'm about to call it a day. Been stalking this site for almost 22 hours straight and I have to work very early in the morning. Good luck to everyone who's hoping to get their items they've been missing! :)

NaomiH

So I had to purposely stay away and ignore this collex. Was it the typical mac LE launch? I saw a bunch of random non mac people complaining on facebook and etc.
And sorry, no, I don't want to get caught up on 20 pages. Lol
Let's just say it's been worse than Riri by about 1000

luvlydee

dcarrington

I tried to catch up but skimmed thru. So basically crickets all day from Belk. I am si happy I pulled myself this chaos to actually take care of errands and take a food nap. This is too frustrating. And forget about going to the stores. They will say they they only got a small amount (which I call BS on). I strongly feel that MANY of the ebay sellers are MAC MU artists who get a hold of the stock and hold it for themselves ti sell for a profit for extra cash.

luvlydee

Finally caught up with the thread again. This is ridiculous. People need their sleep. If every site just did the 1 item rule for mac launches like this, we would still have to stalk but we would still have enough time to check out and the items still be there.

luvlydee

I tried to catch up but skimmed thru. So basically crickets all day from Belk. I am si happy I pulled myself this chaos to actually take care of errands and take a food nap. This is too frustrating. And forget about going to the stores. They will say they they only got a small amount (which I call BS on). I strongly feel that MANY of the ebay sellers are MAC MU artists who get a hold of the stock and hold it for themselves ti sell for a profit for extra cash.
. I will still be trooping it to the stores lol

Sweetyellow

I'm so over this collection. I just don't care anymore whether I get TC or not. Good luck to those that are trying for Belk.

laurennnxox

people are going to be furious if belk suddenly launches in the night.

i finaaaaaaaaaallly got my nordies shipping confirmation! So I have everything on my way to me, except BBBB which I'm still trying to hunt down.

luvlydee

Selena:
View attachment 56736
:heart::heart:
Swatch video on my IG, link below.

isn't it so pretty? I finally swatched it like 10 minutes ago even though it came yesterday lol

I'm actually a bit a sad now because I started watching Selena's live performances again and I don't think I will get over how tragic this is. She was so beautiful and those moves she had were everything. It just brought me back to my childhood when I used to watch her. So freakin sad. I'm going to get off now before I start tearing up again

Last edited:

NaomiH

I didn't expect this to be as crazy as the Rihanna collection. I regret not getting a lot of items during the pre sale. :doh:

I figured it'd be worse crowd wise because it is Selena, but I had hoped that MAC would of had the foresight to properly stock this collection and make sure their site worked. They knew that over 20k people signed that petition! Selena was, is and always will be a beloved icon and her fans are probably some of the most devoted out there. They should of implemented the one sku per account for everyone presale or not.

LiliV

I figured it'd be worse crowd wise because it is Selena, but I had hoped that MAC would of had the foresight to properly stock this collection and make sure their site worked. They knew that over 20k people signed that petition! Selena was, is and always will be a beloved icon and her fans are probably some of the most devoted out there. They should of implemented the one sku per account for everyone presale or not.

The 1 per account was definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion, but then having it only apply to the pre-sale kind of ruined the point

NaomiH

The 1 per account was definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion, but then having it only apply to the pre-sale kind of ruined the point

For sure,that is when a limit should of been implemented the most if there was going to be one at all. It'd be nice if the other sites did it too. There'd be less angry people hopefully.

dcarrington

I also just checked my nordstrom order for TC and it should be here tomorrow. I'm surprised its going to be here so quickly but I see that its being shipped from Pennsylvania.

GreenEyedAllie

For sure,that is when a limit should of been implemented the most if there was going to be one at all. It'd be nice if the other sites did it too. There'd be less angry people hopefully.

I agree it should have been 2 per for gifting purposes. And maybe limit to address to make it more restrictive.