MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Prettypackages

Daaaaamn.... y'all killed this collex. I checked earlier and it was coming soon. Just happened to check and there's nothing.

sdsamler

Right?! Mac needs to get their shit together bc I called again an hour later b the order hadn't cancelled yet and spoke to someone else that had no idea why the First Lady would say everything was getting cancelled....she said my order had NOT cancelled and was able to correct the cc info. She said my order would be ready to ship and should be here Monday lol FREAKING MAC!!!

Makeup Emporium

Just checked and everything is STILL up on the Canadian site for the pre-launch. It's 9 hours later and they have not closed it off yet. Weird!

MacNcheese

The non-Selena product probably needs to be over $25.

My non Selena item was a $21 liptensity lipstick and it went through. I placed an order for just the lipstick and a Selena eyeshadow and my total was $14. MAC is so inconsistent.

My first order shipped. Woot!

montREALady

I didnt even get an email about the presale at 4oclock. But either way i tried putting some stuff i ordered this morning in my bag to see if it will let me and it didnt. Lol womp womp. I think im just going to try and order my backup glosses online on saturday and go in the store next thursday to buy the other backups in person

What's funny is I was doing a general search for the collection on my phone omw home on the train (around 5:30) and I clicked to Temptalia and saw her update about the MAC email! After being in this post all damned day, I didn't check here after a certain point and missed the email...sitting at my desk at work! I checked and sure enough, it had been sitting there since 3:46pm. :rolleyes:

montREALady

Yes I'm up at 4:48 am ET and just bought BBBB lipglass :eek: It says there are only a few left when you put it in your cart.

montREALady

2004! Wow! I'm a sucker for the single Mac eyeshadows. It seems that we are seeing them less and less. Isn't Saturday the 1st? Strange launch day. I still want the powder and dark shadow so I'll check back in then. Thanks.
Selena e/s sold out. I prefer palettes but love how the color looks in the pan. I never paid attention to the swatches! Only the lipsticks. Lol. Then I end up with the e/s and lipglass too :rolleyes:

its supposed to launch friday morning also?
The 1st, Saturday. Maybe because the official launch in Corpus Christi is the 30th?

Oh and I didn't receive any type of email. I'm definitely devoted. Boo to Mac
But if you login it should let you shop if you're Devoted. Email or not. You would just have to search for "Selena".

Just checked and everything is STILL up on the Canadian site for the pre-launch. It's 9 hours later and they have not closed it off yet. Weird!

Here too...I just placed my last order not too long ago at 4:45am or so.

Last edited:

luvlydee

I was on the phone with a mac rep last night and he said theres no way for items to be sold out during prelaunch so maybe all these "sold out" claims on the site really mean just sold out of the amount they held for pre launch

dcarrington

If you think about it, it makes sense. MAC has a record of how many pro, devoted and obessed members they have in their system and at 1 product wach, they can set up a close to accurate # of how many items thwy would need to have in stock for the pre launch for everyone to be happy.
Mac has been really messy in the past but at least they are trying to change for the better. Kudos on the price reductions and pre-launches for mac lovers.

fur4elise

The second order I placed yesterday afternoon has shipped but the morning order status still says processing...
I placed only one order in the morning too and it is still processing! AND I noticed my CC was not charged the full amount! I'm worried that I may not get the 2 Selena items I ordered...AND add to that that one of them is showing as sold out! Grrrrrrrr!:mad:

BrittLuvsMakeup

I placed 4 separate orders for the Selena collection (I ended up getting items I hadn't originally planned on getting and it lead me to making separate orders, lol) and 1 of them shipped today (the 129 SH Brush). I didn't get a shipping confirmation email but I checked my account and saw that the status said that it was shipped along with a tracking number. My card was not charged the full amount for the item, however, it is still a pending charge so I'm sure it will change before it's posted to my bank account.

montREALady

I was on the phone with a mac rep last night and he said theres no way for items to be sold out during prelaunch so maybe all these "sold out" claims on the site really mean just sold out of the amount they held for pre launch

Yes, that's what I think too. They can't just put out the whole thing and not let other people get a chance.

montREALady

The second order I placed yesterday afternoon has shipped but the morning order status still says processing...

I placed only one order in the morning too and it is still processing! AND I noticed my CC was not charged the full amount! I'm worried that I may not get the 2 Selena items I ordered...AND add to that that one of them is showing as sold out! Grrrrrrrr!:mad:

I placed 4 separate orders for the Selena collection (I ended up getting items I hadn't originally planned on getting and it lead me to making separate orders, lol) and 1 of them shipped today (the 129 SH Brush). I didn't get a shipping confirmation email but I checked my account and saw that the status said that it was shipped along with a tracking number. My card was not charged the full amount for the item, however, it is still a pending charge so I'm sure it will change before it's posted to my bank account.

All 3 of my orders are still processing. Two I used Paypal, one a credit card. All still pending transactions when I check the respective sites. Only 1 product (Selena shadow) is showing as sold out.

Latest posts