MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Haven

Okay,so I just got my haul delivered,everything is in the box but on the invoice it shows my total and it seems they only charged me for my foundation, tax and overnight shipping!
View attachment 56628

Got my haul today too! Invoice shows that I was only charged for overnight shipping and tax! Not charged for about $200 worth of Selena products. Wonder what is going to happen now:doh:

dcarrington

At this point, there has been so many f' ups with MAC that I am starting to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe someone from another makeup brand has infiltrated their company/system and sabotaging them. Its one mess up after another. They are loosing money as if it's a joke. I ain't mad about that tho', but it has made me have sympathy for them...
Ok, that over...whew (wipes sweat from forehead) What do I look like sympathizing for a billion dollar company that I unwisely donate my hard earned coins to?!?? Lol. Dang, I almost lost it. I gotta be smarter than that *in my state farm voice*

luvlydee

I know last time that happened to me it was a pending transaction for like 15 dollars but when it was finally posted to the bank it was for the actual amount. What Mac does sometimes is just charge a low random amount to make sure the card is valid and then the actual amount will be posted at a later date. hopefully this is not the case again because I would love to just be charged 30 bucks for all those eyeshadows, lippies and blush duo lmao

luvlydee

Got my haul today too! Invoice shows that I was only charged for overnight shipping and tax! Not charged for about $200 worth of Selena products. Wonder what is going to happen now:doh:

Okay,so I just got my haul delivered,everything is in the box but on the invoice it shows my total and it seems they only charged me for my foundation, tax and overnight shipping!

wait what?! the actual invoice paper said a different amount?? omg please let this be the case for me. I would be so happy lmao

NaomiH

wait what?! the actual invoice paper said a different amount?? omg please let this be the case for me. I would be so happy lmao

Yep! It had all the items but the only thing with a price was the foundation. Can't even be mad about that freakishly high sales tax now. Lol!
20160929_211602.jpg

Last edited:

LiliV

I know last time that happened to me it was a pending transaction for like 15 dollars but when it was finally posted to the bank it was for the actual amount. What Mac does sometimes is just charge a low random amount to make sure the card is valid and then the actual amount will be posted at a later date. hopefully this is not the case again because I would love to just be charged 30 bucks for all those eyeshadows, lippies and blush duo lmao

I don't even have a pending charge lol there's just nothing! My package will be coming on Monday, I want to see what my invoice says lol

luvlydee

Ha!

Oh, MAC

Lmao for real

I don't even have a pending charge lol there's just nothing! My package will be coming on Monday, I want to see what my invoice says lol

Omg hopefully you got them for free! Thatll be so awesome

Yep! It had all the items but the only thing with a price was the foundation. Can't even be mad about that freakishly high sales tax now. Lol!
View attachment 56633

girl im praying that i have the same issue lol

edit: so i calculated the non selena items from both orders plus the sales tax which was high also (since it was based on if everything was charged) and it came out to what they actually charged me! So i think the same thing happened to me. Omg i would die a happy woman lmao

Last edited:

NaomiH

Fingers crossed for you! Lol
Lmao for real

Omg hopefully you got them for free! Thatll be so awesome

girl im praying that i have the same issue lol

edit: so i calculated the non selena items from both orders plus the sales tax which was high also (since it was based on if everything was charged) and it came out to what they actually charged me! So i think the same thing happened to me. Omg i would die a happy woman lmao

montREALady

View attachment 56628
Omg!! Yes!!

Swatches! All taken outside in natural light. On the shadows,I didn't use primer. Missing my baby kind of blends in with my skin and I think it'll be good for a barely there lid colour or brow shade. Fotos y Recuerdos is a lovely shade,but I see why all the bloggers have said it is the weakest of the bunch. I'm going to play around with it on my eyes and stuff over primer though and see how it fares. Anywho, on to the swatches.
Lip products: Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming of You and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
View attachment 56629

Eyeshadows: Fotos y Recuerdos, No Me Queda Mas, Missing My Baby, Is It the Beat, Selena
View attachment 56630
Great swatches!! Omg so happy I impulse bought Selena and BBBB!

BBBB is SO pretty!
As far as Selena, it seems pretty good. The colour is super pretty and it seems to have decent pigmentation. I'm going to use it tomorrow and see how it goes.
Keep us posted. I don't get my first order until Monday (DOY), so Selena will probably be Tuesday. Actually just checked, I get it on Monday. BBBB on Tuesday.

I wish I ordered a big-ass haul now, lmaooo! I hope they don't charge you!

View attachment 56633
Tell me about it, pick your battles! ;)

Last edited:

LiliV

I wonder if they're unaware of the billing issues or if they'll play catch up this weekend. That happened to me once at Taco Bell of all places, the charge came through a full month after I had gone! I thought my card had been hacked and then I was like wait, is that from the beginning of the month?? :scratch:

luvlydee

I wonder if they're unaware of the billing issues or if they'll play catch up this weekend. That happened to me once at Taco Bell of all places, the charge came through a full month after I had gone! I thought my card had been hacked and then I was like wait, is that from the beginning of the month?? :scratch:

I think they will catch up eventually but the longer the better lol

fur4elise

View attachment 56628

Swatches! All taken outside in natural light. On the shadows,I didn't use primer. Missing my baby kind of blends in with my skin and I think it'll be good for a barely there lid colour or brow shade. Fotos y Recuerdos is a lovely shade,but I see why all the bloggers have said it is the weakest of the bunch. I'm going to play around with it on my eyes and stuff over primer though and see how it fares. Anywho, on to the swatches.
Lip products: Amor Prohibido, Como La Flor, Dreaming of You and Bidi Bidi Bom Bom
View attachment 56629

Eyeshadows: Fotos y Recuerdos, No Me Queda Mas, Missing My Baby, Is It the Beat, Selena
View attachment 56630

Woot woot on your order and the swatches!!!

As for the charges not being correct...It is obviously system wide! Just like being charged for shipping!!! I have a feeling, like someone else said earlier, they will be playing catch up with proper charges over the weekend. There is no way they are going to give away that much product for free. And again several heads may roll with all these mistakes!!! I for one am not going to take the time to call and say..."Hey! You didn't charge me enough?!" Simply because my time is worth money too...Happy Friday ladies! ;)

Tarabotti

Well my order with the shipping charge shipped, it was Paypal so I'll see if the shipping drops off but I doubt it. They likely have to credit. I spoke to a chat person yesterday and they said it would take 7-10 days, I also emailed them and contacted them through the form on their website. I'll just wait and see.

I doubt it! I am not putting myself in that chaos! You're going?!:eek:

I'm trying to buy all that I want from Selena online. I don't know if New York has as many Selena fans as say Texas, but I don't want to take part in any craziness.
I remember the last time there was a launch this frenzied was for Rhianna and two people almost got into a fight at the counter. I quickly got what I needed and left.
When Macy's was selling Rhianna, there was a line outside and they were giving you order forms to fill out so when you got into the store, you handed in your order form and they gave you the products. I have the day off (for reasons unrelated to the Selena launch :) ) so I may drop by to swatch stuff and maybe pick up an extra lipstick or eye shadow (depending on the crowd).

My package shipped but I won't get it until Monday so I won't know if MAC 'gifted' me with the Selena makeup that I ordered. If they haven't adjusted it on the invoice, will they be sending out new invoices or just take the money from your account? Not that I don't trust MAC--oh wait I don't.

Latest posts