MAC X Selena Quintanilla Collection (October 2016)

Sweetyellow

Honestly, no it's a typical lip glass. It's very glittery and I find the shade is a bit too light for my liking normally so I wear it over lipsticks or use a liner. Is it pretty? Yes. A must have? No. Not unless you're a huge fan or just love light pink, glittery gloss.

Thank you, Naomi! You've alleviated any stress that I was having for skipping it.

DeAnn Smith

I had called my Macy's counter yesterday and luckily spoke to an assistant manager who knew me. She talked to a manager and they kindly put a BBB aside for me (I had a job interview and couldn't go at opening. They couldn't guarantee anything but said they would do their best). I got there about 11:30, 11:45 this morning. They were sold out of the mascara, liner and brush, and Selena and Fotos eyeshadow. But they had my BBB! They actually told me I could have 3 if I wanted to pay the $$, ;) I tried on BBB and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. So I got two...and what the heck..since they had all 3 lipsticks ...I tried on AP and it looked good with BBB so I got a backup of AP. (I got one originally in Oct). Shew. I think I'm done done done until/when the Beauty and Beast collection comes out.

OT but I finally used up this week my Cinderella Coupe D Chic highlighter and Cheeky Bugger (Osborne) blush. So I broke out today the Nutcracker Sweet Vision..and I LOVE IT!

lumaday

I'm amazed that Nordstrom's still has so much stock! Picked up a BU of NMQM (absolutely one of my most favorite matte brown eyeshadows ever) and got FyR, Selena, and MMB eyeshadows. I also picked up a BBBB gloss even though lately I'm more into lipstick than gloss. It looks really pretty and fun.

I thought about getting BU's of CLF and DOY but I have so many lipsticks I was able to reel myself in!

I'm glad that so many people who got shut out the first time are now able to get their hands on this collection.

Tknappe

Called MAC in mall yesterday and put stuff on hold. Went in today around 11 am tons of Selena stuff on the floor in boxes behind the counter. Checked out and sales chic said tell all your friends we have it. She seemed worried wouldn't be able to get rid of it.

DeAnn Smith

Still quite a bit of the collection left on Nordstrom. I'm trying to ignore that the brush is. I don't need another brush even if it's nice and purple....I don't need another brush....

SerenLuv

I'm so glad this restock was plentiful and everyone could get what they wanted. I am shocked that everything lasted so long. Hopefully, this will leave the ebay re-sellers in eternal limbo...vultures

Haven

My local mac had boxes and boxes of Selena products.

Hopefully this does help kill the eBay market for these products. Having LE products sell out in minutes only to be available on eBay later for jacked up prices is largely to blame for my declining interest in MAC.

aradhana

I wore DOY today, this shade is gorgeous. I might as well get a backup since it's still available, right?

WAit till it goes on sale! :)

Since you already have one and there is so much stock.

I got the compact this time around. I kind of wanted bbbb but i doubt i would wear it enough. I bougt the eyeshadows except fotos y recuerdos since it got a d+ from temptalia, and is basically sushi flower. I also got ap and doy.
I was not a fan of Selena growing up - only because I had never heard of her until after her death - but i think the colours in the collection are quite nice.

mango13

I can't believe everything that I bought is still available. I really didn't need to wake up in the middle of the night to order from Nordstrom. I really hope other popular LE collections have this much stock. If this ends up going on sale I'll definitely pick up another eyeshadow, but if it goes on sale it will only be in two months time and I bet most of the eyeshadows will be sold out by then.

Asphyxia

I think people moved on from this collex. LOL

I've seen a lot of comments from fans boycotting the collection because Selena's father is suing her husband. Her father wants to prevent a tv series based on a book her husband wrote about their love story.

I wore DOY today, this shade is gorgeous. I might as well get a backup since it's still available, right?

That's the only backup I bought. It's so pretty. Would be cool if it all went on sale, so I can backup a few eyeshadows.

Kaidan

I finally got Bidi Bidi Bom Bom!!! It's really glittery, but it looks oh so lovely. I was planning on skipping it when the rerelease happened, but I finally saw it in the MAC store today and I couldn't resist. I'm glad that I skipped Fotos y Recuerdos though because it swatches very sheer. The MAC store that I frequent had a lot of stock of everything, even the brush. If I would back up something it would be Amor Prohibido because it's a great everyday shade. I'm glad that everyone got what they wanted from the collection. :) It looks like the rerelease is the after Christmas collection along with the retro matte liquid lipsticks because there's nothing else going on.

LiliV

My Bidi Bidi Bom Bom came today and I LOVE it! It reminds me of a princess lol and I'm not even crazy about glosses, but I can't wait to wear this one

Sweetyellow

I finally had the chance to use products from this collection today. I love MMB and NMQM together. I re-created this tutorial below sans the red lipstick. I wore AP with Spice l/p instead for a more 'everyday' look and really enjoyed my makeup today.

[video=youtube;JAft1XvoVfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAft1XvoVfc[/video]

Yazmin

I'm so glad I got Amor Prohibido! It's my new favorite nude lipstick - and it's beautiful with Bidi Bidi Bom Bom on top!

Prettypackages

oh wow. I didn't know that.
I've seen a lot of comments from fans boycotting the collection because Selena's father is suing her husband. Her father wants to prevent a tv series based on a book her husband wrote about their love story.

That's the only backup I bought. It's so pretty. Would be cool if it all went on sale, so I can backup a few eyeshadows.

Yes, a sale would be awesome. LOL

Latest posts