MAC X Taraji P. Henson Collection (Sep 6/ Sep 8, 2016)

karlaedith

The MSFs are no longer showing up on Macys. Sold out or pulled?
They dont even appear on the site anymore so i guess they pulled them out probably knowing that the names on the powders are wrong, i ordered TG first but reading all the comments made me order HTT just in case macys has the names messed up the names too:/

kirstw91

They've mislabelled my MSF over here in the UK. I rang MAC and I have been issued a full refund and told that I can keep the product, I was also asked to email pictures so that they can investigate. Both MSF have sold out over here aswell.

Kimboo

Do anyone have these lipstick that can do a swatch? "Creme Cerise" from the Cult Of Cherry Collection, Persistence and Strip Me Down I'm trying to find a color like Creme Cerise mine is gone and a didn't buy a backup. When I swatched CC & SMD they match on paper. On skin SMD has a pink tone & CC has a brown tone. I don't have Persistence.

awickedshape

Right! Luckily I never had this problem before.. But it's been a long time that I wanted a powder this badly (with many others I think) and of course now it goes wrong. :( I seriously don't understand how they can fuck up such a small collection. I'm not even excited anymore about the lippie I also bought :/

Oh, that's a downer
I had a mixup with Neiman's too recently with something I'd been waiting to launch for ages

Damn you Jay! I was trying to avoid buying Strip Me Down lol!

Lol

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

Do anyone have these lipstick that can do a swatch? "Creme Cerise" from the Cult Of Cherry Collection, Persistence and Strip Me Down I'm trying to find a color like Creme Cerise mine is gone and a didn't buy a backup. When I swatched CC & SMD they match on paper. On skin SMD has a pink tone & CC has a brown tone. I don't have Persistence.

Yes. That is the one I was thinking of that might look similar. One of my faves. I'll try but I don't do too well with swatches. I have to dig around to find them. There are some swatches on IG though from one of our Specktrettes.

Instagram

DILLIGAF

I've not been in the MAC threads in along time. I was determined to get something from this collection. I'm disappointed to hear about the mislabelling. I bought both so I seem to be in the clear. This is Proenza Schouler all over again.

Corally

I haven't received a shipping notification/tracking number yet (it does say 'shipped' on the website, but no tracking number)... maybe they're finally aware of the problem here and trying to fix it in time by calling the orders back, opening the boxes and switching the msfs? Probaby just wishful thinking on my part but this has never happened before so this is really strange (especially now).

Last edited:

Tanjola

Placed 2 orders... 1 with all 3 products and 2 second one with TG. Never received a confirmation or shipping notice on either. They just showed up at my door on Thursday. Labels are mixed on the 1st order but I did get all 3 products. The second order is the highlighter and not TG. Called customer service who stated someone would call me back within 24 hours. No call yet. This is ridiculous.

awickedshape

What did MAC do when this happened in the Proenza Collection

I think the CS responses varied? Can't recall exactly but we would have discussed it in the thread.
I ordered Ocean City and got the other blush instead and contacted CS. I got to keep the pink blush (which I gave to a friend) and they sent me the Ocean City

Corally

I haven't received a shipping notification/tracking number yet (it does say 'shipped' on the website, but no tracking number)... maybe they're finally aware of the problem here and trying to fix it in time by calling the orders back, opening the boxes and switching the msfs? Probaby just wishful thinking on my part but this has never happened before so this is really strange (especially now).

Still nothing.. in all the years of me buying mac I'ver never not received a shipping notification/tracking number while the order has been shipped, nor have I ever received it later than Saturday. So I find it really suspicious to happen right now, with the labeling problems and all.

Last edited:

patentg33k

Still nothing.. in all the years of me buying mac I'ver never not received a shipping notification/tracking number while the order has been shipped, nor have I ever received it later than Saturday. So I find it really suspicious to happen right now, with the labeling problems and all.

Mine was delayed as well (US). Usually it gets here within a day or two after ordering even without special shipping. According to UPS the shipper, the label was printed but not sent out for shipping for another two days. It should arrive later today (six days after ordering, because of the weekend).

You may be right they could be checking. It's a huge waste of $$$$ to have to correct their mistake.

I'm personally not worried cause I ordered both, but I feel terrible for those that chose one and receive the other. It's not like they shouldn't have a quality control system in place to check this out before launch.

patentg33k

What did MAC do when this happened in the Proenza Collection

Replaced with the right color, allowed people to keep the wrong versions. But there was a lot of mix-up and confusion just like now. I'd call if yours is wrong, maybe email as well so there's a record.

nichollecaren

I placed an order for something (not in the collection) on September 4 and it arrived a few days later without any shipping notification. I was wondering if they had even processed the order. Something's going on with their distribution centre. I'd like to know if they plan to restock since I was on the fence between this collection and star trek and totally missed out :(

lippieluv2013

Ugh....just reading through the recent posts and I'm concerned tha I didn't get the right MSF. My OMG is waiting for me at the local UPS location. I'm going to be forced to go get it today just to check - this is a mess. And it doesn't sound like MAC customer service has not found an appropriate response.