MAC X Taraji P. Henson Collection (Sep 6/ Sep 8, 2016)

hitchcockblonde

Did an online chat with CS. They said that it's a known issue, took my phone number, and said someone will contact me next week with a resolution. Wuuut?!? And other people are being told to return the item? Madness all around.
I got the same answer as you. At this point I don't care enough to spend the money ordering both from Macy's on the off chance I'll get what I actually want. I really like Taraji but there are two other highlighters I want to order right now. We'll see what Mac does but I'm not going to hold my breath.

NaomiH

NaomiH, you may well get Taraji Glow anyway as I ordered Taraji Glow after giving MAC a rest for a while now and just received a package labeled Taraji Glow but the actual content seems to be Highlight The Truth. At first I was disappointed thinking maybe it was the website just showing TG darker than it actually is but then I decided to call MAC and they said everyone who ordered got the wrong thing. MAC will get back to me but if they are sold out what's the remedy? Hmm, MAC seems to experience this quite a bit. Now we know why Karen's swatches both looked the same.

Oh I did! I got my Faux HTT a few minutes ago. I called MAC and the lady said they'd call me within 24 hours. We'll see,it looks beautiful in the pan and if I end up being able to keep it I'll use it,but if I can't get the real HTT I'll be really sad. I'm scared to order from Macy's as I don't want to end up with two TG. The lady said she wasn't sure if the mix up extended to Macy's or not.

boschicka

Oh I did! I got my Faux HTT a few minutes ago. I called MAC and the lady said they'd call me within 24 hours. We'll see,it looks beautiful in the pan and if I end up being able to keep it I'll use it,but if I can't get the real HTT I'll be really sad. I'm scared to order from Macy's as I don't want to end up with two TG. The lady said she wasn't sure if the mix up extended to Macy's or not.

You can have my HTT. You know, the real one.....labeled Taraji Glow. :p I feel like the stupid plastic covering under the lid is doing more harm than good. It's COVERED in powder. I never had that happen with the old style MSF packaging.

fur4elise

Ugh,that means I'll have the darker one when my package arrives today. #!#!#$$*%#@ MAC

I know it's not what you wanted or ordered but it will look great on your skin coloring! You and I are very similar in that and I love both products! :heart:

fur4elise

You can have my HTT. You know, the real one.....labeled Taraji Glow. :p I feel like the stupid plastic covering under the lid is doing more harm than good. It's COVERED in powder. I never had that happen with the old style MSF packaging.

I wore HTT today and YES! This particular powder is dryer. I found it really kicked up, even though I used a 187 with a very light hand to swirl it. Pain! But I do love the color.

NaomiH

Thanks! I'm going to see what MAC tells me when they call before I fully take you up on that, but I'll definitely let you know!

karlaedith

I just ordered HTT out of fear the powders are messed up, i just hope i dont get 2 HTT as i only want TG :(

NaomiH

I know it's not what you wanted or ordered but it will look great on your skin coloring! You and I are very similar in that and I love both products! :heart:

It looks really lovely in the pan! I'm going to see what mac says before I decide what I'm going to do. I just don't get how this happens so often with them.

Kimboo

I'm still waiting on MAC to call me back. They said 24hrs, I called them yesterday at 11am. When I called them today the CS wanted me to send my MSF back. :doh: I hope MAC send the right product and let us keep the other one, Since they can't resale it.

Haven

I used both msfs and the lipstick today and loved the results! Even though I am rather pale I was able to wear the darker msf. I literally tapped a fan brush on it lightly once, applied and buffed. Just beautiful!

beautyescape

Just got back to rereading this thread and now I am so confused lol Can someone give me some advice? If I want the lighter shade, should I order HTT or Taraji Glow via Macy's?

I feel bad that so many people have had this mix up.. I don't understand. MAC is in no position for bad press and you would think a brand that has been around for this long would know what they are doing. Telling people that they don't know if products are mislabeled and to return their product if it is the wrong shade? Then what do they know? LOL please

Jayjayy

Strip Me Down on top, Persistence on bottom...not the best picture. but there is a difference between the colors even though they look the same in the tube.

image.jpeg

Corally

Just got a reaction on the e-mail I had sent Thursday, from the same lady I had on the phone yesterday. That e-mail is just as helpful as that call. One of the things that's in the e-mail is 'At this moment we don't have information about the mislabeling of products, because we haven't received any complaints about it yet'. No of course you haven't received any complaints about it yet from customers, everyone will get their package Tuesday!!! SO CLUELESS.

Last edited:

Curly1908

Luckily, I ordered both as my products are mislabelled as well. I can't wait to wear these beautiful items!

awickedshape

Just got a reaction on the e-mail I had sent Thursday, from the same lady I had on the phone yesterday. That e-mail is just as helpful as that call. One of the things that's in the e-mail is 'At this moment we don't have information about the mislabeling of products, because we haven't received any complaints about it yet'. No of course you haven't received any complaints about it yet from customers, everyone will get their package Tuesday!!! SO CLUELESS.

C'mon, MAC! It's not the first time :bs:
Maybe it's a ploy to get people to buy more in case this stuff happens again :scratch:

Ode

I'm in the UK. I got my products today and the MSFs are mislabelled. I ordered both but this is terrible for those who wanted only one as others have experienced. Hopefully Mac resolves the issue for those who got the wrong ones but knowing them it's probably unlikely!

Corally

I'm in the UK. I got my products today and the MSFs are mislabelled. I ordered both but this is terrible for those who wanted only one as others have experienced. Hopefully Mac resolves the issue for those who got the wrong ones but knowing them it's probably unlikely!

Crap :/ Don't see how it should be any different here then... Because MAC shipping is slow AF I will get my order Tuesday, so I still have to wait a few days. I can't wait to give them another call.

C'mon, MAC! It's not the first time :bs:
Maybe it's a ploy to get people to buy more in case this stuff happens again :scratch:

Right! Luckily I never had this problem before.. But it's been a long time that I wanted a powder this badly (with many others I think) and of course now it goes wrong. :( I seriously don't understand how they can fuck up such a small collection. I'm not even excited anymore about the lippie I also bought :/

Last edited:

Latest posts