MAC X Taraji P. Henson Collection (Sep 6/ Sep 8, 2016)

Shars

Her swatch of the lipstick looks like Persistence. I may skip it now if they're really that close.

Persistence is a lot lighter and leans more orange (well on her) based on side by side comparison. It reminds me more of MAC Taupe but darker.

NaomiH

Persistence is a lot lighter and leans more orange (well on her) based on side by side comparison. It reminds me more of MAC Taupe but darker.

I think I'm going to have to take mine in to compare when it launches, I rarely wear nudes and don't want a dupe of a nude shade,ya know? The two MSF though shall be mine for sure.

Shars

I think I'm going to have to take mine in to compare when it launches, I rarely wear nudes and don't want a dupe of a nude shade,ya know? The two MSF though shall be mine for sure.

Sounds like a sensible plan. I don't have anything like it (from MAC at least lol) and I've been on a nude lip kick recently so I'll most likely pick it up. I'll be grabbing the two MSFs as well. I wonder if they're going to launch early or do a staggered release for MAC Select members.

lighter msf seems A LOT darker than what it appeared in the ig photos

Welcome to the reverse of my world lol. Seems like it'll be more of a blush than a highlighter on fairer skins. Most of the swatches on IG I saw were on dark skinned persons so I can understand it will look WAYYY darker on a fair skinned person or medium dark person like T. One of the ladies posted a video swatch of them and the darker MSF apparently is super pigmented so regardless of skin tone I think we're all going to have to be light handed with them both it seems.

patentg33k

lighter msf seems A LOT darker than what it appeared in the ig photos

Yep. As someone said earlier, this is going to be fabulous for WOC. I live for these fall colors, so this is a tough one. I'm not sure I should even be looking at the deeper shade From T:
Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 7.54.42 AM.png

Monsy did you get anything from It's a Strike?

Monsy

Yep. As someone said earlier, this is going to be fabulous for WOC. I live for these fall colors, so this is a tough one. I'm not sure I should even be looking at the deeper shade From T:
View attachment 56066

Monsy did you get anything from It's a Strike?

I think deeper color is too dark for us. for woc it will be beautiful. lighter might work as a blush? nope i didn't get anything from it's a strike. i only ordered 1 powder from star trek. i am desperately waiting for the quick trik sticks and new studio fix powder and concealer

NaomiH

Sounds like a sensible plan. I don't have anything like it (from MAC at least lol) and I've been on a nude lip kick recently so I'll most likely pick it up. I'll be grabbing the two MSFs as well. I wonder if they're going to launch early or do a staggered release for MAC Select members.

Welcome to the reverse of my world lol. Seems like it'll be more of a blush than a highlighter on fairer skins. Most of the swatches on IG I saw were on dark skinned persons so I can understand it will look WAYYY darker on a fair skinned person or medium dark person like T. One of the ladies posted a video swatch of them and the darker MSF apparently is super pigmented so regardless of skin tone I think we're all going to have to be light handed with them both it seems.

That's be cool if they did,I'm really liking getting early access to things lately. Makes me feel fancy. Lol!

lexielex

Can't wait I'm definitely getting the MSFs and lippie! I haven't bought from a new mac collection in a long time but I'm getting this

fur4elise

Now this was surprising...
mac-taraji-p-henson-swatches.jpg mac-taraji-p-henson-k-2.jpg
Karen's swatches of Taraji Glow (MBB) look much lighter, however on her face it looks a bit darker. So therefor you can build depth. Either way I am in love...and as many of said before I am very surprised at how quickly this will drop with no buzz ahead of time...someone's keeping secrets...:secret:

awickedshape

Now this was surprising...
View attachment 56073 View attachment 56074
Karen's swatches of Taraji Glow (MBB) look much lighter, however on her face it looks a bit darker. So therefor you can build depth. Either way I am in love...and as many of said before I am very surprised at how quickly this will drop with no buzz ahead of time...someone's keeping secrets...:secret:

Karen usually is favourable about everything so the comments about the lipstick makes me pump my brakes

Haven

I am very interested in this collection. I just hope that the products will work on my skintone.

Latest posts