MAC X Taraji P. Henson Collection (Sep 6/ Sep 8, 2016)

montREALady

I have a pair of girlfriends that have called me and asked if I can find it out here. The MAC store here actual had it in store. Too bad it sold out there too. Come through restock!
I can't with MAC, such hit or miss. I should have known her collection would sell out but so many times we predict this and nothing does. Kicking myself. Oh well, there will be more makeup to buy I suppose, lol. :rolleyes:

montREALady

The unimaginable happened! I ordered Taraji Glow on the canadian site before reading about the mixup. I was almost certain I would get the wrong msf, and prepared myself for warrr!
imagegif
See my JOY today when I got Taraji Glow mis-labeled as HTT! I don't care about the name as far as the contents are what I wanted initially. And OMG this blush is mmmmhhhh! It's nothing like 'A little lusty' or 'hidden treasure', I've seen them being compared. Wish everyone who tried to order good luck! I hope MAC gets this blunder sorted out ASAP!
I'm wearing ALL today actually, I haven't seen them compared but in my head it doesn't make sense. LOL. TG looks like a bronze? ALL is a burgundy shade. I was wondering if TG looked more like a Format/Peachtwist hybrid.

Corally

That stinks!

It does. :(

I don't get why we have to do this. I also don't get why their customer service is so different from the US/canada on our part of the world. either way we only got taraji glow on our site but I missed it either way so I thought I would order via the US site instead but then all this shit happened.. hope they do a restock with the proper labels and products.

not sure if this is available in store here?

Don't get it either.. It's not like they can resell it. But it's the same with returning stuff, you can't return makeup here if you don't like the product etc. In Holland it was MAC online only, don't know if it's the same in Sweden. I really hope they'll do a restock, the CS guy did say something about that so I really hope they'll follow through. But tbh this entire collection just left a bad taste in my mouth.. So even though I love TG, there's enough good stuff coming up to spend my money on if I don't manage to get it.

Corally

Well at least my HTT has found a loving home. Was going to send it back for a refund but a specktrette contacted me. I'd rather make someone happy than send the msf to the pile of destruction.

patentg33k

I feel like MAC is probably working things through with the manufacturer (who mislabeled it all). If I recall correctly, the Provenza blushes were restocked. I suspect the manufacturer had to replace the bad-labelled stock with fresh blushes with correct labels.

I hope these are too.

luvlydee

strip me down swatch.jpg strip me down lips.jpg
Strip Me down is ok but I'm whatever about it. I think I'm just going to return it and add that money towards the selena collection.

NaomiH

I feel like MAC is probably working things through with the manufacturer (who mislabeled it all). If I recall correctly, the Provenza blushes were restocked. I suspect the manufacturer had to replace the bad-labelled stock with fresh blushes with correct labels.

I hope these are too.

I sure hope so,I still really want highlight the truth!

lustreglam

I'm supposed to get my powders from Macy's tomorrow! Can't wait! I noticed they took them down everywhere! Glad I ordered when I did.

donchica

I'm wearing ALL today actually, I haven't seen them compared but in my head it doesn't make sense. LOL. TG looks like a bronze? ALL is a burgundy shade. I was wondering if TG looked more like a Format/Peachtwist hybrid.

I saw the dupe list on a popular site. Almost skipped TG as a result. I don't have format or peach twist (lol I know, I know) so can't compare

filio

Just received everything! I switched out the labels. Taraji glow doesnt look like a little lusty but more like lighter peacher version of raizin. I wanted to post swatches but my camera is washing out the colours... HTT is a pretty subtle highlighter.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
They're mislabeled in Germany, too. TG looks browner than I expected, I thought it would be kinda reddish.

Corally

They're mislabeled in Germany, too. TG looks browner than I expected, I thought it would be kinda reddish.

Could you swatch it when you have daylight? Because it makes me a lot less sad about missing out if it's more brown. And might even skip it if there will be a restock. Because I thought it would be reddish too, based on swatches I've seen so far..

Last edited:

boschicka

I ordered Highlight the Truth from Macy's in the hopes I would get Taraji Glow and that's what happened, so I'm a happy camper now!

Monsy

I hope these are too.

did you get your order? would love to see swatches on your skin tone

leonah

I want to see swatches of taraji glow. debating if I need it (in the hopefully soon to be restock). would it be too intense for nc25ish? in some swatches it looks super reddish and in some like a bronzer more

Latest posts