MAC X The Return of Marilyn Monroe Collection Discussion (2013)

Mac-Guy

I will update the thread when I have more information (date/color story). Thanks for your patience.

OctoberViolet

No. Thank you for the info Mac-Guy! Much appreciated.
flower.gif

I will update the thread when I have more information (date/color story). Thanks for your patience.

peachsuns

Thank you so much, MAC-Guy! You just made my day!!!!
yahoo.gif

I can't find my Love Goddess anywhere, so yeah, wouldn't mind being able to grab another - although none of the reds in this collection are as near and dear to me as my holy triumvirate of Runaway Red, Scarlet Ibis and Absolute Power.

It'd be nice to see really perfect versions of the eye shadows in matte finish. I've got enough Forever Marilyn to last me for a long long time.

Does this post sound way too thrilled? No? Hehe, I'm not so sure about repeat collections like these, even if it makes getting some beloved products again - it's just nothing was tremendously beloved here I didn't make sure to BU already. AND THERE'S ALWAYS THAT NEW THING AROUND THE CORNER,whatever it is….
I need Runaway Red! The eye shadows in matte finish would be wonderful!
flower.gif

sss215

I wonder what they are going to do this time. I mean MM's look never took much as far as colors... One collection/focus seemed enough. But, I think it would be a good mini collection. 1 each liner, beauty powder, lipstick, mascara... done. Something like the Playboy and Miss Piggy collections.

Anneri

I don't get this. Why would they want to repromote the original MM products? It's just too soon 
001_unsure.gif
I'd love a beige version of FM though 
love.gif
Well, I guess they want to milk the goose that laid golden eggs a bit more, huh? (Sorry for the mixed metaphors!) All super popular items of the last time have been repromoted rather quickly. Easy income for Mac, though it's a bit sad from an innovative point of view. On the other hand, lots of happy people stocking up on beloved items!

Audrey C

This is good news - I really enjoyed this collection. I don't expect to buy much this time - I have enough Forever Marilyn for years and with more than a dozen red lippies, I've finally said no more. I'll be interested to see what they add to whatever repromotes they bring back.

Starlight77

YAY! I loved the MM collection. it was the first collection for me that i was able to buy everything.

...wait... that wasn't a good thing, lol.

hazyday

This thread just made my day! This time I won't be a fool and I'll be ready for those Forever Marilyn back ups!!!

martiangurll

Wow, I am torn. Not sure whether to be thrilled or meh. I agree its too early. But I am sure MAC Corporate saw all the potential $$$ they could make of a repromo. I went crazy and got lots of stuff from the last one, but honestly none of it was out of this world. And definitely none was worth the hype or lacking in dupes. I am hoping for original products, not a rehash of the old...I do like FM and will get BU if available but I am not going to lose sleep or run around store to store hunting stuff down. I am over THAT

elegant-one

icon_eek.gif
How did I miss this!
eyelove.gif
The first MM was one of my all time FAVORITE collections!

All I can say is
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

I want new colors along with the repromotes.

Jol0

My anxiety and blood pressure went up a tad! Ahh thanks for the news Mac-Guy :) I need a MAC savings acct

MacNcheese

I missed the last one so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I see some sleepless nights site-stalking in my future.

michelle79

I only liked the lippies from the last collection. As dupable as they were, I loved them . CIS is my HG red lippie.

BuickMackane

All super popular items of the last time have been repromoted rather quickly. Easy income for Mac, though it's a bit sad from an innovative point of view. On the other hand, lots of happy people stocking up on beloved items!
Yeah, you're right I suppose. I just don't think it makes sense. In the long run it might even work against the company because people will have the expectation that stuff will be repromoted very soon so they don't buy BUs or not even bother at all. Kinda defeats the purpose of LE, no? On the other hand stuff will stick around for longer so that people have more time to decide what they really want.

In all honesty I want this collection to be repromote only. Or at least a predominanly repromote one with a few new items. Otherwise I'm doomed!
ohboy.gif

Latest posts